4 : Mrs. Sinha & The Visitors

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Exactly when Yash entered the Pran apartments, right beside the Utkalgarh University campus, somewhere else a more Fateful incident was about to happen. Mrs. Shweta Dev Sinha, a middle aged woman, still in her night gown was having her lunch. She was a doctor and last night she had to stay in the hospital as a night shifter which definitely she had not done for a long time. After returning home, freshing up herself, she went to bed. A few hours of sleep refreshed her a little, since it was quite late, she had to reheat last night's dinner and it was irritating her beyond her limit as she was never a fond of stored food.

Her look had never been a proof of her age. The caramel brown eyes with a high nose on a bit tanned round face with average body measure made her look like a deity; aesthetic, knowledgeable and also charmful. Her short length dark brown hair was tied in a ponytail. She was asleep for the whole day, and that was the strangest for her. Her tiredness never could restrain her from cooking, yet she was having last night's dinner.

"I haven't done night shifts for a long time. How could I sleep for so long? Look what I had to eat! ......"

Thinking about her strange sleepy day, she checked her phone quickly and there was no message or call from her son. Frowning at the screen, she immediately dialled Darshan's number and after trying thrice, she got more tensed as he was not picking up. So she dialled her most trusted person around Darshan and that was none other than Darshan's best friend Divya. However what Divya informed her, made her more distressed. Encountering ghosts had been never a problem for Darshan, but for last six months of his stay in Utkalgarh had made him upgrade a new skill; reading those ghosts' memories and this was the first time he had come across a murdered one. It might have been really hard for him to control those torturous emotions, yet she could only hear from far, not being able to do something for her son, made her really stressed and she lost her total appetite.

Just as she entered the kitchenette to wash the dishes, the doorbell rang loudly, bringing her out of her overthinking world. When she opened the door, her expression became astonished as a handsome gentleman in his mid-thirties, wearing a simple white tee shirt, an ivory jacket and pants, greeted her with a mild smile.

"Hey there my little ladybug."

"Dad! I'm already a mother of a young man in his mid twenty! I'm not little anymore." Shweta exclaimed while hugging the man of an average height.

Chuckling lightly, that man remarked "well, since I'm your dad and that obviously makes me older than you!"

At that very moment another soft chuckle was heard with a feather light voice saying "goodness! I missed your cheesey chatter!"

As Shweta broke the hug, did she notice that there was a tall, pretty, fair skinned woman in an ankle length white gown, standing behind her dad, still at the staircase to the threshold of the main door. That woman looked like she was in her early-thirties, her demeanour radiating a never ending elegance, her sharp warm brown eyes reflecting her strict yet warm heart. Though she looked well-versed, controlled, her fidgeting fingers were shouting another story.

Shweta's happy mood vanished into thin air, straightening herself, bowing slightly, she greeted "your majesty."

The small smile, playing on the other woman's face also evaporated as a stiff, reserved expression took over her features and the only present man knew that this meeting was going to be a headache.

Seeing neither of them responded well with the encounter, Shweta's dad had to bring them out of their stupor.
"Shweta aren't you going to invite us in?"

That got her attention and she immediately retorted "I dare not to." Saying so she moved away from the door frame to let the guests enter.

As she closed the door behind them, she added "since you guys didn't inform me about your visit, I can't arrange for any meal at this hour. Pardon me for the lack of hospitality."
Her tone clearly indicated that her mind was totally messed up.

Unexpectedly it was the other woman who politely replied "ohhh no, no dear. You don't need to be bothered by that. Your dad and I are just dropping by to see you. Last time when you settled down here your dad helped you but I couldn't. After curing Darshan I had to return to......" After seeing Shweta's indifference to her, she did not complete whatever she was saying and the man, standing by her side squeezed her hand lightly to let her know that he was there to have her back.

As they settled on the sofa and Shweta sat on the single chair infront of them, did Shweta opened her mouth again "I don't think it's that simple. If it was then the Celestial Empress wouldn't have come to my doorstep personally!"

The man looked at the woman, sitting by his side and he had had enough of the insult, "Shweta watch your tone! If you keep talking with her like that any further, I won't tolerate it. Prachee was worrying about you and the boys. I told her that you were just fine but she insisted on coming here, hence we're here. And moreover she is your mother for Almighty's sake! She has every right to worry about you!" 
His tone was still low but it was filled with shivering coldness and Shweta's stiff posture became more rigid as she watched her dad's caramel brown eyes flashing a tint of gold in rage. 

Seeing their meeting was indeed going to a wrong direction, a helpless Prachee could only reach for her husband "Saayam, please. We can't blame her for the situations, she had been going through continuously."

However Shweta reacted in a total opposite way; eyes almost glazed with sorrow and rage, she spouted "yeah! As if you really don't remember who started all these sufferings of my life?!"

Immediately Saayam wanted to slap his daughter to put some sense inside her mind, however Prachee held his hand firmly, shaking her head in caution, she sat on the floor right infront of Shweta's legs.

Seeing this, Shweta gasped loudly, immediately she also sat on the floor, grasping her mom's almost drooping shoulder, she soothed her "mom! I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be harsh. I don't know what happened to me today! I slept the whole day and there's no call from Darshan. I.... I was really tensed and you know whenever I'm tensed, I presume all kind of things."

Prachee could only hug her frustrated daughter in a tight embrace to calm her down, stroking Shweta's hair softly, she spoke "that's fine my dear. I understand your worry, anger, and your sorrow too."

As Shweta tried to say something, Prachee looked into her eyes, shaking her head in denial, she added "you're not at fault for blaming me. Of course I'm to blame for your life. I've always said that as parents we've done what would've been best for you, but in that procession we haven't thought of how hard it would've been to your heart when it just felt the bliss of having a soulmate."

Shweta regretted bringing up the past but she never could stop herself from loathing her mother for not saving her husband's life; even when she knew that her husband's Fate-Line was really complicated. She at least thought of getting that much privilege for being the daughter of the Mother of All-Creation and all her mother cared about was the balance of greater good. She knew her mother regretted her decision and was trying her best to make it upto her and Prachee's efforts seemed to be paid off.

Before she could say something, Saayam interfered with their mother-daughter outlet "Prachee, we promised to not talk about Dheeyan's matter. Since I've seen it coming I didn't take your promise seriously and I thank the Almighty for that."

Chuckling lightly, Prachee heaved a sigh of relief and said "as the Celestial of Time, you won't understand how refreshing it does feel to let your thoughts to be known Saayam."

Hearing this, Saayam's expression turned into a grave one as he admitted "Yeah. And for that I envy each and every living...." After pondering over something he concluded ".....being, except for that child of yours."

Shweta's expression turned more distraught, heaving a sigh, she nonchalantly commented "so you two are here to talk about Bhargav."

Watching Shweta's indifference to their motto of visit, Prachee could not stay put, "Shweta! You can't ignore Bhargav's matters just like that! He is your son too!"

However Shweta's mocking laugh silenced her completely, with a chilled voice, she snapped "yeah, a son who let his own brother die once, a son who conspired with an insane murderer to kill his own brother again! Again and again, why does it have to be Darshan everytime?!" Stream of helpless tears continued to fall down on her lap, wetting the gown.

"Then what will erase your grudge against him? His death! Will you be able to forgive him if he dies too? Will you be happy to see him gone?!" Saayam's tone was bone-chilling, he said each and every word through gritted teeth.

Prachee held his hands in a tight grasp to stop him as his words already had a killing impact on Shweta who sat there mortified with an extremely horrified expression.

As Shweta did not even dare to raise her head, Saayam caressed her hair softly, with a gentle tone, he soothed her "he is going way more stricter to himself which can be fatal someday. But it's not too late yet. Take good care of him."

Finally Shweta got the courage to meet her parents' eyes, meeting her dad's identical caramel brown eyes, with a firm tone, she spoke "I promise, dad. I'll try my best to keep him safe."

Few more minutes later, when Shweta became much sober, the two Celestial guests took their leaves and immediately enough she got a call from Divya. That call gave her each and every explanation she needed, including her oversleep. If it actually had something to do with the other son of her, then her parents' visit and their warning had to be really urgent. She again continued to call Darshan's number, after hearing that he was probably being chased by a resentful spirit, she was actually thinking about going there to save her son but that would have blown up everything.

She had been in hiding since Darshan's birth, only to keep him away from them, until four years ago they had found them with her aura. That time Darshan was about to graduate from his freshman year of his postgraduate course and had been living with her. Their life had gone upside-down when these reckless Lords started interfering. That July Darshan had a huge accident and went to coma for more than two years. 

Waking up after all those years when he recovered properly and wanted to start his study again, she immediately agreed. She knew that they couldn't find his aura, keeping him away from herself was the best idea. For last six months he was away from her for a good distance yet they had found him again. She was regretting her decision.

After trying for nth time and hearing that the number was unreachable, she had to call Bhargav's personal assistant, Disha. She was the only person who could actually give her Bhargav's personal schedule and after calling her what Shweta came to know totally blew her sanity. 

Why on Jagath Shiyaan had to meet Bhargav so urgently?! What does he want to gain this time?! And why is Amrita helping him?! 

Shweta was having a mild headache thinking about it so much; in one hand her elder son was going unruly to the last extent and his intentions were still unknown to her, while on the other hand her younger son was facing a near death experience. 

She dialled Divya's number yet again and this time she knew that Divya had finally found Darshan, she braced herself and tried to talk casually, however her son was not even hearing any single word as if his mind was in a total different place. At first she thought that he was really out of his mind but what she heard, brought her whole world crashing down.

Before she could head to more anxiety, hanging up the call immediately, she finally dialled the number of the root of all problems, her elder son, Bhargav.

Not giving any chance to reply any single word, she spoke first "I know you're now in Utkalgarh and I don't wanna know if you're free or not. But you're coming home right now! I'm giving you five minutes."
Just like that she hung up and went back to wash the dishes.

When Bhargav appeared on the doorstep of House no. 8 on No. 6 Malida Lane, Paraj City, he was literally sweating even in the afternoon of a cool day. As he rang the doorbell which was totally unnecessary for him, his posture could not keep up the upright demeanor anymore. He knew that his mom was not going to leave this matter easily and that totally sucked all of his confidence. Bhargav prepared himself with his ever charming mild smile but that did not budge anything in Shweta's calm and controlled behaviour, without any single word she let him get in and went straight to the drawing hall.

To break the awkward silence, Bhargav started with a light topic "the lady had her lunch really late. It seems you are really busy these days. Why don't you find a more comfortable job?"

With a straight face, Shweta commented "thanks to someone's conspiracy, I really had a hectic day!"

As if he was totally unaware about this, Bhargav asked in surprise "for whom?! Me? Why would I do that?"

"Exactly! Why would you do that? Why are you in such a rush to get them together all of a sudden? The way I knew it was Shiyaan who was carrying out the memory reminding mission then why did you interfere? To stop him from doing any heinous crime again?" Shweta bombarded with questions after questions and Bhargav barely had time to make up suitable answers for them.

"Wait wait wait! Mom! Catch your breath first. My plan doesn't have anything to do with him. He is scheming according to his plan while I'm going with mine. We aren't accountant in anything in this!"

"Bhargav stop lying! Shiyaan has already approached you for your help and don't tell me that you know nothing about the outcomes. As the Lord of Fate you know better than anyone what the future holds!"

"Mom! Even me being the Lord of Fate won't help me to stop him! This time it's entangled with my Fate Line! And you know well that I won't touch my Fate Line ever, it's a price, I pay for changing others'."

"Not even when your own life is in danger?!" Shweta's tone no longer sounded harsh, she looked pained.

Bhargav's almost stoic face cracked a bit, a trace of melancholy spread all over his features as he answered "that's the only best option left for me and others."

"If you're actually letting Shiyaan having his way to remember the past then you must've created a chance to stop him from doing any heinous act."

Bhargav really looked uncomfortable while he arranged his thoughts, then looking at Shweta, he carefully replied "well actually the meeting was the initial of that chance."

And as he expected, Shweta's tone changed again to outraged one as she shouted "You are out of your mind! Did you forget what happened then? Now it's more than three years. I......I nearly lost my son!" her voice choked. 

Bhargav's face darkened remembering the past, his hands tightened in fists, standing abruptly he said "I won't let anything to happen to him, not again." Looking into her eyes he added "I promise, mom." 

As he turned to leave, Shweta spoke in a mere whisper "can't you make that promise for yourself too? I want both of my son alive and safe."

Bhargav's eyes were glazed as he looked back into his mother's eyes which were reflecting the same pain, he was going through. Before he could say something his tablet vibrated for the third time in that afternoon and his personal assistant, Disha became his saviour.

After talking to her, he hurriedly put the tablet in it's bag and said "I have to go mom. I have a very short time to do so much work. I'll visit you again whenever I'm free. Be safe and please take care of your health." Then he vanished into thin air.

Hello, everyone 

So that was the 4th chapter. 

It's getting more tangled with these "LORDS" 

Hope you liked it. 

Next updates will come on next Monday 

Till then stay home, stay safe and enjoy reading 😊 😊 

Don't forget to VOTE , COMMENT and SHARE ☺☺☺☺☺

............Anasuya Raj 

4th May, 2020

Republished - 23rd Feb, 2024

Word Count - 2857

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro