Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I'd been crying all night because the situation with Leo sucked. I hated that I was so emotional and weak. I needed a break from everything and fortunately, my parents called me home. Apparently, they had to go to India to sort out some issues regarding my grandfather's estate. My teenaged cousins – who were living with my parents couldn't be left alone. So, I was called until they'd return.

My parents lived in suburbs of Trinity. It was a beautiful place surrounded with nature and new age cafes that served all sorts of yummy organic food. I switched off my phone – this was going to be a detox from work.

I was supposed to watch over my two cousins – Ritesh and Riya. They were twins. When I left home, my parents got lonely so my cousins move in with my mom dad. It even helped them as their school was a lot nearer  from my parents' place.

I parked my car in the driveway and knocked the door. A tall and lanky guy opened the door for me.

"Meghana didi!" My cousin Ritesh hugged me when I entered the house.

He was so short when I last saw him now it feels like he'd grown as tall as me. I was feeling short as hell.

Being here certainly brought back memories.

"What's up Maggie?" Riya screamed

Good lord! My cousin sister still hadn't gotten over her cringey cool lingo phase.

"You're supposed to call me didiyou uncultured woman." I retort back.

"Whatevs. We're glad you're here." Riya said. "Now we can fill the neighbours lawn with slime."

"You're doing no such thing or mom dad would kill me."

Jeez, Riya and Ritesh were troublemaker twins. They had all sorts of pranks up their sleeves. It was one of those reasons why someone had to watch over them.

"Ugh can we at least have a horror movie marathon and eat pizza?" Ritesh asked.

"You're such a firang twin." Riya said rolling her eye. "We're having a cringey Bollywood movie marathon and we're eating Indian food. I hope your naanmaking skills haven't gotten rusty."

I couldn't help but smile. I missed these little spawns of devil and their sassy arguments.

"I'll make some of my special Paneer Tikka masala. If you're up for it Riya, let's attempt making Kulfiat home."

"No way." Ritesh blurted. "You guys set the fire alaram off last time. And you were literally making a dessert, an ice cream to be precise."

"It's called skill okay?"

Riya flashed me a smile and gave me a high-five.

Before I knew, it was evening until the twins had helped me get settled.

After the unpacking session everyone was tired so we shifted our cooking plans to tomorrow afternoon and settled for ordering pizza. But we did watch Bollywood movies all night. As the credits started rolling, I glanced and noticed that the twins fell asleep on the couch. I switched off the TV and went to the bedroom to get some blankets for them.

After I'd tucked them in, I rolled a futon  onto the floor for me. As I lay on the matress, I saw my phone. To my surprise, I saw text messages from Leo all asking me where I was? And we need to talk.

I switched off my phone and went to sleep. Leo Moretti was trouble and I better stay away from him.

Next morning, the twins woke up early and went for a jog leaving a mess in the living room. These damned kids! I put the boxes and wrappers in the trash. After vaccuming the couch and making sure that the living room looked habitable enough for humans, I went to have bath. Although I wanted to have a long bath in the bathtub, I opted for a quick shower because I'm not an asshole who wastes water; I'm a nice environmentally conscious person. I carefully sniffed a bottle of body wash and analysed a sample of shampoo between my palms. I trust my cousins to put slime in my bodywash and hair dye in my shampoo. After being satisfied that the orange and citrius secnted bodywash and shampoo, I proceeded with the shower.

After a quick shower, I stepped out and took the hair dryer to dry my hair. When I switched on the dryer, pink glitter exploded in my hair. Damn, how did I forget about the hair dryer glitter prank? I decided to towel dry my hair. I walked to the closet and decided to wear an oversized sweater dress – it was old so I dodn't mind getting on it.

I dried my hair by pressing went strands in towel.  I rubbed the towel on my scalp but it wasn't enough to get glitter out of my hair.

Suddenly, I heard the doorbell ring. Damn these twins, they can't even take the keys! I rushed down the stairs. I swear I'm going to scold Ritesh and Riya. I mean first they left without cleaning up, then they don't even tell me where they're going and on top of it, they forget to take the keys.

I opened the door and I swear I felt like I died. My heart raced at the sight of him. It was that same haughty face that had irked yet amused me at airport.

He was dressed in casuals – black jeans, olive jacket with rolled up sleeves and a white shirt under it. I noticed his old watch with frayed leather on his wrist.

I thought my mind was playing tricks.

"I hope I'm not disturbing." He said.

Dumbfounded, I just nodded a no. What is he doing here? How the heck did he know where I am?

His voice cut through my thoughts. "Can we talk?"  He asked.

If I was in a bollywood movie, I swear I'd have fainted.

A/N:

This update sees lots of Hindi words and terms used by Indians. For those of you who don't know I've explained below.

Didi– a term of respect / enderament used for older sister by Indians.

Firang – a slang word for foreigner which means fair-skinned. (mostly used for white people)

Naan– an Indian flatbread

Paneer Tikka Masala– A yummy Indian dish (try it out you won't regret)

Kulfi– An Indian/south asian type of ice cream made of caramelized milk and has a harder and denser structure than normal ice cream. (My favourite... again try it it's heaven.)

(Edit- I noticed I forgot to add a word)

Jiju - Brother-in-law, sister's husband. Indian girls often tease their sister's (or best friend's) boyfriend by calling them jiju

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro