Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

THREE MONTHS LATER...

"Do you want to grab something to drink?" Andreas asked the boy who was yawning in the back seat.

"I really would love to or else I am gonna pass out."

"Where do you want to stop?"

"Uh..So Hyun's cafe is nearby, right?" Taehyung asked after a few seconds of thinking.

"Just a little far but we are not going there."

"Andreas, I never visited her cafe. I promised to be there and it has already been more than three months. I need to keep my words."

Taehyung is not that someone who would forget his words. Be it a month or an year, he remembers everything he says. He is not the type to just say things to get out of situations or to lather the conversation. He immensely hates it when someone stops him from doing what he promises.

"You know it is not safe."

"This is my decision, Andreas. I want to visit the cafe means I want to. I am done with the schedule so no one can order me around." Taehyung said sternly, his voice a little louder than usual.

Andreas knew better than talking back to initiate a verbal war because angry Taehyung works on impulse. He gave the direction to the driver.

These three months, a lot had happened. Taehyung was basically being used to the fullest benefit of the company and the sponsers. He wanted to go for a small staycation with his friends and the company demanded that they would need a vlog.

Imagine going for a two day trip with your old college friends and having five company staffs on guard? Half of the time, they had to act according to the company orders and be in front of the camera. Taehyung was really embarrassed because none of his friends were used to it.

"This is really exhausting...we are proud of you, Taehyung." One of his friends said once the camera was off.

"I r-really am sorry for putting you all in this tough situation. I didn't know things would end up like this." Taehyung apologized.

"Don't be silly. It is not your fault and we are glad you got some time out for us." Another one tried to cheer up Taehyung.

"I am just upset that Miyeon had to stay back. She texted me saying that she misses us."

Miyeon was a friend too. Taehyung had a couple of close friends from college and Miyeon along with Sana were in the group. Sana was in America so it was just Miyeon left as a girl. The company told Taehyung that he can't hang out with a girl like that and made her stay back.

That was utterly stupid and Taehyung had no words to comfort his friend. After leaving college, meeting Miyeon was like a mission which he barely succeeded once or twice. Leaving one behind while enjoying the old days sounded cruel to him.

Taehyung tried arguing with the company but they said, then she will have to stay away during the vlog shoot. Seriously? Half of the time, she has to stay in and watch the others having fun? So Taehyung called and apologized to her.

"That is the cafe." Andreas sighed as the car stopped.

"Woah! It looks pretty." Taehyung smiled looking at the pastel blue building which was surrounded by a nice garden.

"I will get the drink for you. What is the order?"

"I can get myself one, Andreas. You can join if you want." Taehyung scoffed as he wore his mask before stepping out.

Gladly, it was not that crowded. He looked around to see a couple of people enjoying the drinks outside the cafe in the garden, few of them reading books. He remembers it well, she wanted to open a book cafe.

He slowly went to the glass door and pushed it open. The scent of caramel and cinnamon invaded his senses. The coffee was brewing and freshly baked brownies, the aroma of chocolate. He really liked places like this....Paris has a lot of similar cafes and he visits them often.

"Sir, what would you like to order?" A staff asked noticing the man.

"Umm..what is the delicacy here? I am open to suggestions." He smiled, but they wouldn't notice it anyways because of his mask and cap and long bangs.

"We have freshly baked cinnamon rolls with caramel toppings and I recommend a vanilla cappuccino to go with it."

Taehyung was not a fan of either cinnamon or cappuccino but he wanted to risk it. So he decided to take it, stepping aside for his manager to order as well. He gave his card to the manager for payment and went to pick a seat. He chose the seat which was closer to the book shelf not because he wanted to read but to fully experience the vibe.

A few minutes later, the waiter arrived with the orders and honestly he was impressed. She was polite and pleasant just like So Hyun when he first met her. Taehyung asked the staff if So Hyun was there and he is one of her friends. He was informed that the girl is baking something and would come around in a few minutes.

"It tastes better than I imagined. I usually don't enjoy these but it just feels right." He chirped while drinking the cappuccino.

"Yes, the cafe has a nice vibe. She chose this and even made her own changes."

"See, it was a good decision. Sometimes, we need to gives chances to people to prove their worth." He was really proud of her.

"T-taehyung?" So Hyun called his name softly, as he had removed his mask by now.

"Hello." He smiled at her while getting up and bowing.

"Sit down...sit down." She hesitantly looked around and tried to cover him from the others.

"Take a seat." Taehyung offered.

"N-no, its fine. Why a-are you here?"

"Uhh? I am here to eat..and to ofcourse see how your cafe is doing. What's wrong in that?" He asked confused and he could see how tensed she was.

"Andreas, can you spare us some time? I will be out soon." Taehyung told his manager noticing she was not comfortable.

"Five minutes...please make it quick." Andreas whispered to him before going to the counter for ordering something else.

"Now let's talk?" Taehyung asked the girl who visibly relaxed.

"Are you allowed to come here? I mean, what will you do if the company knows?"

"This is a public place, So Hyun...why am I not allowed to come here?"

"B-but the company...t-they wouldn't like it."

"I am pretty sure that my company must have done something to scare you off like this." He muttered and looked at her who was fiddling with her fingers.

"So Hyun, you made me proud. I just wanted to check on you and trust me, I love this place. The food is also amazing and the staffs are polite too. I hope you are genuinely happy now." Taehyung spoke again.

"It would have never been possible without you. I am so grateful. Thankyou so much, Taehyung." She smiled and bowed at him.

"Do I get free coupons or something?" He asked, making her chuckle.

"You will get the cookies which I baked just now. It is strawberry flavoured."

They just talked for a few minutes before Andreas gave him side glares. He knew staying more might only harm her and he never wants that. He finished his food and got up quick, extending his hands to shake hers. So Hyun was hesitant at first but contemplated on doing it.

"I will visit you another time. Fighting!" Taehyung bowed at her before leaving with the cookies she gifted.

"I hope no one will know this." Andreas mumbled but as in cue two girls ran upto them.

"Ahhh oppa, can we get an autograph? Pleaseee pleaseee...just one."

"Sur..."

"Sorry, I am afraid he can't do that." Andreas got in between and the man sighed.

"I am sorry, guys. Please enjoy the day and have fun." Taehyung smiled at them and waved before running to the car.

He sat inside the car and looked out to see the girls still looking at him. He quickly rolled down the window and grabbed two cookies from his bag and offered to them. The girls seemed to be on cloud nine when they took it and they smiled brighter this time. Taehyung was relieved, he didn't upset them.

"See you later." Taehyung waved at them once more as the car drove off.

"Are you visiting the dermatoligist today?" Andreas asked.

"I have to, my heels are not healing as I imagined and we have the show in three days."

A week ago, Taehyung had to walk a show for YSL and the chelsea boots they gave was tight for him. He asked for another one but they said, the one was wearing is the most expensive and the hardest to be sold out. Taehyung had no option so chose to wear it and it broke the skin in his heels.

"The product is sold out in less than a day. Good job, Mr.Kim." the marketing team sent a gift hamper to him.

Taehyung rolled his eyes, he can't still wear his shoes because of the pain. The agency also sent him a gift for making the show successful but to express the gratitude of the huge payment he received, they asked him for some promotion. Taehyung's social media is not about him, its just about promotion.

"Taehyung, did you see the news?" Andreas asked as he rushed to the living room.

"Which one now?" The man asked as he took a big puff from his vape.

"Someone leaked a video of you in the café with So Hyun."

"Whats the news in that?"

To be honest, he was worried because things can wrong for So Hyun, because of that but what can probably be leaked in a five minute conversation. He opened his ipad and checked naver. Well, he didn't have to check because as usual he was trending. He clicked on the news to see a few pics of them.

"They got her face!"

"Th-they did." Andreas sounded disappointed.

"What the fuck is with the caption? How do they know?" Taehyung's eyes popped out when he saw what was written.

'The cafe Taehyung visited earlier today is owned by him.'

Below that, there was an article written that he was on a date with the girl and she is the manager of the cafe. He gritted his teeth while slamming the ipad on the table. He could imagine how bad things can get with that one news.

"Her social media?" She asked.

"Messed up."

"I don't understand my fans anymore. How toxic can they be? I know they love me a lot but that doesn't mean they can hate everyone I talk to." Taehyung quickly turned on his phone and went to his study room.

"Taehyung, you cant respond to this rumour now." Andreas called out.

"What do you mean by that?"

"The agency asked to keep a closed eye on this for the time being. If you react straight away, the people might judge you." Andreas informed.

"Really?"

"You never really responded to any rumours by yourself before so this is going to be odd."

"Because those are with godamn models and other actors. They are used to these rumours but So Hyun is a normal person and she won't be able to take this much hatred."

"I warned you to not go there."

"Now you know, I went there and caused this so I have to clear my dirt." Taehyung was stubborn.

"You are not allowed to speak up on this, Taehyung. I got a call from the agency for the same." Andreas snapped back.

"How inhumane can you all be?"

He was guilty, he knew that she was going to be tormented by these news. But it was solely his mistake. He asked her to eat with him, he called her to korea, he opened the cafe for her, he went to visit it and he asked her to sit with him. How can he keep shut when everything is his fault?

"I will take the responsibility." He said, slamming the door behind.

Well, was he gonna do a live and explain it? No way!! So he just posted it in weverse.

'Hello...

I hope you all are doing well. I just came by to say that I am someone who doesnt mind about the rumours going on around me. But I suggest that you all keep ordinary people who lives their own private life out of this. The person I met at the cafe is the owner of the cafe and I thanked her for the amazing customer service. There is nothing more to it. I hope you all will refrain from throwing negativities on that person. Thankyou.

Kim Taehyung.'

He cross checked the post twice before posting it. He first typed down her name but that is going to worsen the situation. This was really exhausting because every single thing he does needs to be cross checked. He threw his phone to the couch and stared at the photoframe across the wall.

It was one of the first photo shoot he had done. He was seventeen back then, dreaming of reaching the top and getting a lot of appreciation. Well, he did reach the top but for that he had to give up on his own self.

"I can't cry. I have to be strong." He told himself over and over until he slipped to a deep slumber.

Taehyung was now at the agency, he was done with the day's shouting for the post he did. He didn't care this time, he just sat there trying to think about other stuffs. The shoutings were not reaching him this time and the manager seemed to have noticed it. He slammed something hard on the table and the drink spilled on Taehyung's shirt.

"What are you dreaming about? How to mess up more?"

"What did I do? I just clarified a rumour." He asked back calmly.

"Who asked you to? You are our responsibility so we know what to do!"

"Then why didn't you? You could have clarified it before it got this worse."

"Because you freaking opened that cafe for her, didn't you? Don't you need a lesson for going way out of your reach?" The manager sneered as he leaned on the table.

"S-so, was this planned?" He asked quiet taken aback.

How cheap can his company go? They really spied on him and sold the news to the media? They purposefully made the controversy to punish him?

"You can say so. We didn't start it, it was you who started this mess."

"How could you? I have been working my ass off your company and I literally obey everything. You even made me...m-made me to block Miyeon and Sana knowing they are my childhood friends. What more do you want me to do?" Taehyung shouted back.

"Now now...the boy is shouting at us. Do you perhaps need more scandal? We are ready to give you."

"What do you want from me?"

"Sign this contract!" The manager pushed a paper to the boy.

Taehyung sucked in his breath to calm down and read the paper. Once he was done with it, he glared back at the manager. Are they really going to make him do that?

"No way, I am doing this."

"Boy, do you want that cafe to be closed down? I just need five minutes for that. Your fans can go over and demolish it for YOU!"

That stressed you freaked out Taehyung. He needs to control his fans before fighting back the agency. Taehyung wanted to scream and cry but he just went silent as usual. Andreas gave Taehyung a pathetic look while he signed the contract.

He left the company almost immediately, no words said and drove off by himself. He told the company that he was visiting Jimin if that wouldn't break any rules of the agency. Jimin was always his best supporter, they laughed together and they cried together.

"Taehyung, are you alright?" Jimin asked as he pulled the boy in for a hug and there he melted.

He didn't want to hold back his tears anymore, he completely broke down. Jimin as usual stayed with him and continued whispering comforting words. They ended up crying together  for a long hour, at times Taehyung losing his breath. Taehyung spoke about the new contract to Jimin after he calmed a little.

"W-why don't you leave the company? They might hold things against you but that won't end your life, Taehyung. I am seriously worried about you."

"They will ruin not just my life but everyone else involved with me."

"It will all die down with time. Trust me with that...everyone loves you not the company."

"So Hyun? She did nothing wrong."

"Why do you care so much about her? Is there any reason like something I d-dont know." Jimin asked.

"She j-just reminded me of myself. She is a nice person, Jimin. I don't know her much but the few indirect and direct interactions we had was enough to know how good she is." Taehyung admitted.

"Do you perhaps like her?" Jimin knew that was a big question thrown but he needs to know the answer.

"I had rather fall on her feet and apologize for all this mess. The comments in her instagram is too much and I am not even able to contact her." Taehyung looked broke yet again.

"Want me to enquire? No one is going to come behind me, I guess." Jimin suggested and Taehyung immediately looked up with shining eyes.

"Will you?"

"Come on, silly. This is nothing. I am sure that she saw the post you made and wouldn't be mad at you. Your fans would also apologize to her." Jimin cheered him.

"I h-hope so."

"But Taehyung, I don't want you to do that contract. It is very unsafe for you. Why did they want you to do that now? It is going to be so problematic." Jimin sighed.

"It is just a shoot, Jimin. It will also pass."

"Taehyung, it is a damn inner wear shoot and that also with Micheal. Your dating rumour with her caused a lot of trouble last year. This is gonna add fuel to the fire."

"I am helpless. I can't turn down the offer in this situation."

He remembers how bad the rumour went...to the point some edited random video and claimed it as their sex tape. Taehyung and Micheal just met twice or thrice during shows and barely exchanged greetings. As for her, it was not a big deal because it was quiet common in western countries.

Taehyung was almost cancelled in Korea, most of his fans bashed at him and threw all possible dirt at him. The company found the culprit behind it after almost a month. He surely was traumatized with those..and now the company is forcing him to be with the same person for such an explicit content.

Fate, he wanted to think of his life that way.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro