1~ Fake Lives

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

'The youngest most successful Entrepreneur award goes to Kabir Singhal. Third time in the row, ladies and gentlemen.' A young woman announced, and everyone began clapping. A young man stood from the first row. He buttoned his black blazer and walked towards the stage. He smiled at the crowd as he reached close to the stage. As he climbed the stage he ran his fingers through his jet-black hair.

On Stage, Kabir greeted the woman. They shook hands and the woman in emerald green gown handed him the award. The claps grew louder.

The one clapping the loudest among the crowd was a man in a mustard suit. He sat down as Deep walked towards the podium. Kabir adjusted the mike and looked up. He ran his gaze through the dimly lit hall. He smiled clenching the award tightly in his hand.

'Four Years ago, when I had started my own Media house I had no clue I will be honored with awards. The road to success wasn't easy but I am thankful to Kavita, my wife, who had been standing with me like a rock and motivated me.' – Kabir paused looking towards the roundtable where he was seated. The spotlight fell illuminating a woman in red bordered off-white saree. She was dressed traditionally. Her hair tied in a bun and jasmine flowers around the bun. Also, she wore golden Jhumkas and Guluband. Her mid-parting filled with deep vermillion.

She blushed smiling back at her husband. Kabir blew her a flying kiss and she blushed harder.

'Congrats Maam.' The man in Mustard suit whispered to her. Kavita looked up from her golden hand clutch purse and at the man beside her.

'Thanks, Eshaan.' She replied smiling shyly. Then she looked away and shyly looked back to the stage. Deep continued to speak addressing the crowd now.

Eshaan hurriedly got up and rushed towards the stage. Kabir climbed down and was greeted by Eshaan who smiled genuinely at him.

'Congrats sir.' He greeted him extending his hand. Kabir nodded shaking his hand.

'Sir.' Eshaan pointed towards the award. Kabir handed it to him and the two men walked towards the table.

'Why is she here?' Kabir whispered angrily. Eshaan gulped.

'Sir, she insisted that she will come. I had reasoned with her, but she didn't listen to me.' Eshaan explained. Deep looked sharply at him.

'Didn't listen to you? Eshaan, you are best in persuading people.' Kabir shook his head as he unbuttoned the middle button of his suit.

'Sir, she is your wife I couldn't-'

'Just shut up, Eshaan.'

'Okay, sir.'

Kabir forced a smile as he approached his wife. He extended his arms for a hug. Kavita blushed looking away.

'Come on, sweetheart. Your husband deserves a hug, right?' He faked disappointment. Kavita looked around. She felt more uncomfortable than shy to hug her husband in public. But Kabir was not going to take No for an answer, he bent down and wrapped his arm around her neck. He hugged her tightly. Eshaan noticed Kavita's cheek turn dark red and he was sure it wasn't the usual rosy blush.

After Kabir was settled, Eshaan asked if he would be interested in drinks. Kabir wanted to say yes but also knew that he won't be able to drink in presence of his sanskari wife. Unfortunately, he can't afford to offend her else his entire business empire will come to dust. A disadvantage of marrying a billionaire's daughter and having father-in-law finance his business.

'No. Get me orange juice.' - Kabir said and looked at Kavita, - 'And you, my love?' He asked sweetly.

'Same.' Kavita said to Eshaan. Eshaan nodded. Before he left he looked at Kabir who gave him a small nod. Eshaan nodded back. It was their secret telepathy code.

So, guys how was the Chapter? The men, Kabir and Eshaan have been introduced in the first Chapter. What are your thoughts on them? Our heroine will be introduced in the next. *_* Excited? I know I am *grins*

Please drop in your thoughts *smiles* Love u all, my lovelies. 

Guys, you can find me on twitter as well.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro