71~ His Confessions

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Kavita sat on the steal bench and kept fidgeting with her clasped palms. Repeatedly, she kept glancing at the OT. The red-bulb making her heart beat faster. She closed her eyes and pressed her clasped palms against her quivering lips. More tears fell from her eyes.

What will happen now? Will Kabir survive? How is she going to live without him? With all these thoughts clouding her mind it felt like they had begun strangling her throat and she felt suffocated.

She flinched and yelped as someone placed their palm on her shoulder. She looked up and found a tall middle-aged man. His French beard and hair was salt, and pepper and his grey eyes were twinkling with unshed tears. There was a lot of warmth in them. Kavita stood up and hugged the man.

'Papa.' She cried. The man also hugged her back.

'My bacha.' His voice wavered. He caressed her hair. Kavita parted and looked at him. He looked at her swollen eyes and felt his heart twist in agony.

'Look what happened, Papa. How did it happen? They are saying he was drinking and driving, but, but,' – She held his palms tightly, - 'Kabir never drinks, then?' - She looked away and gestured with her hand, - 'How?' She spoke to herself. Her father extended his hand and held her shoulder.

'It is a tough time for you, beta. You have to be strong.' He replied and patted her shoulder.

Few agonizing hours later, the doctor stepped out of the OT. Kavita left her father's hands and hurried to him. She began demanding to know about her husband. The doctor maintained a grim face. He shook his head and sighed. Kavita felt her breath getting hitched in her throat.

'Kabir's condition is worsening. Already so much blood loss and the internal bleeding is making the matter worse.' – He looked away momentarily and then looked back at her, - 'I am sorry, but your husband has few hours. Till then we will try our best but-' He stopped speaking and turned to walk away.

Hearing everything, Kavita was numb, her world began spinning and her eyelids felt heavy. She held her forehead and fell back. Her father hurried and held her in his arms. She leaned against him and closed her eyes.

Kavita felt her feet heavy as she walked into the ward. She gulped the tight lump in her throat and looked up at the bed.

Kabir was sitting on the bed, dressed in a depressing blue hospital gown. He felt someone stand next to him and he turned his head. He looked up and found Kavita standing next to him. He noticed her baggy eyes, the dark circles, and her dry swollen lips. He felt very bad looking at her and guilty knowing that she is in his condition because of his reckless behavior.

Kavita bit her lip to stop herself from crying, she sat beside him on the bed.

'Ka-Kav-' His was voice hoarse, because of all the bleeding he felt weak and was in a lot of pain after the operation. Seeing him in this condition, Kavita couldn't stop herself and leaned forward. She hugged him and began crying. Kabir also had tears in his eyes. Slowly, he moved his trembling hand and placed it on her back. He exhaled deeply and looked towards the door. Now, he realized that it was only Kavita who had bothered to come to him. Knowing that he was dying, she was the one crying for him. No one else. Not the money nor his boot licking employees and people, nor his girlfriends or Monica. But Kavita, the very woman he neglected all his life. For the first time, he cried for Kavita. He held her tightly, Kavita let out a small cry and hugged him tighter.

Kabir held her arm and separated their frames, he looked seriously at her. Kavita sniffed and wiped her nose with the back of her fingers. Kabir smiled sadly and held her palms.

'Kavita, why are you here?' He asked softly. She looked stunned at him.

'What do you mean? You are my husband and-'

'Who are you kidding, Kavita.' – Kabir could barely speak but he tried to talk, - 'You know I treated you like shit but you-'

'You did, yes, but I kept the hope alive that someday you will come back to me.' She confessed. Kabir sighed and held her palm. Slowly, he looked at her.

'Kavita, I want to tell you something.' – He felt his tongue tied but this was needed before he died, this was needed, - 'I was never going to come back.' He said simply. Kavita looked confused, she blinked at him.

Kabir looked at their clasped palms and slowly, he looked up at her.

'Most of the time, I wasn't busy with work,' – He noticed Kavita stiffened but he hardened his heart and continued, - 'I had - had many affairs behind your back,' – Kavita gasped, - 'I was cheating on you.' He confessed. His vision getting blurred. Kavita shook her head.

'Yes, Kavita. It is the truth.' He said. Kavita's tears stopped as she looked at him. Kabir knew she will hate him and that in a way is a good thing, at least now after his death she won't get depressed and instead move on. He doesn't know if she would ever forgive him but all he cared right now was her.

Slowly, Kavita slipped her hand from his grip. Kabir felt his heart sink and it sank further when he looked at her sad and angry eyes.

'Kavita, I want to clear something. I love you, I truly love you.'

'Then,' – She breathed, her voice trembled, - 'Why were you cheating on me?' She asked. Hurt evident from her voice. Kabir looked away, he couldn't look at her hurt eyes. He sighed.

'In college, I was with you only for your money. But after marriage, I fell in love with you yet I didn't want to be bounded with just one person and so I kept meeting other girls behind your back.' He confessed. With each word, Kavita felt fresh tears in her eyes.

'What if I would have done the same?' She managed to ask him. Kabir looked at her and smiled sadly.

'I wish you had, then I wouldn't have been feeling like shit now.' He said. Kavita looked away. Kabir pressed his lips together. Kavita got up and turned around.

With tears flowing down his cheeks, he watched her walk out of the room and his life. Kabir's breath quivered as he let out a sigh. He leaned his head back and closed his eyes. Now, even the only one who was with him has left him. He will die soon, a lonely and painful death. 

Oh, God! Poor Kavita *heartbreaks* Kabir finally realized his blunders but now it is too late for him to repent. Only if, he had realized when he had the chance and the perfect life, Only if...

What now, guys? What is Kavita doing to do? and how was the Chapter? Drop your thoughts in the comments, please *smiles*

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro