6/19/16

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

~Dear Diary,~

~I think I'd doing better, Connie and I hung out at the park today, I'm not sure if I can call her my best friend or anything, but I do really like her, even if we just made for a day. ~ 

~Andrew and Mckayla are still super annoying! But at least Connie gets it, which is pretty cool of her to get. ~ 

~P. S: Might need to go through closet again, for once, I'm not too happy about cleaning something for once. ~

-Rosetta H.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anytime I see someone passing by, I'd made it a goal to sketch out some drawings of them in different fashion styles and dresses, like an older lady with a crane could be a 75-year-old model rocking a cheetah print dress with rhinestones on it, or an old grandpa rocking a leather jacket with fur cuffs. 

As I sketched out my ideas, Connie tapped me on the shoulder and waved. "Hi Rosetta." 

"Oh hey!" I put down my sketchbook. "What's up?" 

"Nothing, I just saw you here and I though "Hey! Why don't I join you?" " Connie said, she sat down on the bench with me and put her hands on her knees and glanced at my sketchbook. 

"What are you drawing?" 

"Just doodles of people passing by nothing too big." I shrugged and placed my sketchbook on my lap. "You wanna see?" 

Connie nodded her head and looked at my sketchbook, flipping through each page, while I bit my nails, waiting for either her hate or approval of my drawing, each page filp + eyes looking over the sketchbook = More intense feelings. 

Then Connie looked at me and gave me the sketchbook back with a smile. "It looks good, really good." 

"Seriously?"  I asked. "You don't think it's dumb or anything?"  

"What?" Connie giggled. "No, of course not. You have skill and I bet things will work out, but that's just my opinion." 

Those sweet, simple words were enough for my eyes light up like fire, feeling appreciated for something was one of the strangest and wonderful feeling that I'd ever gotten in my life. I nodded my head and I sketch out a drawing of Connie while she watched from over my shoulder, it was bit uncomfortable, but I didn't mind too much. 

I tore the paper out and handed it to her when I saw Andrew and Mckayla together with some of Andrew's buddies, like always, Andrew had his arm around Mckayla's shoulder while talking to his best friend, Jake, but his eyes were searching for something... or someone. Then he saw me, and kissed Mckayla on the head while looking at me, the little smile on his face was enough to make me roll my eyes. 

Thankfully, I'd been getting more restrain lately, it's been hurting a little less seeing Andrew stab me in the heart all the time, but it still blows, being in love with someone is one of the most embarrassing things ever, I guess. 

"Rosetta? Are you okay?" 

I snapped out of my daydream and turned to Connie, her eyes were soft and seemed a bit sad. "Oh, I'm fine." I said, shrugging it off. "Just saw someone I totally don't care about anymore! Well, slowly getting over."

"I'm all ears, so," Connie put her hands together, "who is it?" 

"Just an ex-boyfriend." I shrugged. "We had differences, I was into him, he was into my so-called best-friend." I shrugged and looked at Andrew again, this time was even farther away than I realized, even more far when we dated. 

Connie put a hand on my shoulder and said "I'm sorry that happened, Rosetta. He sounds like a huge jerk." 

"He was and still is." I sighed and blew a breath. "But hey, you totally don't need to worry about me. Yes, it killed me inside, yes, I hated myself for a while, but I'm doing better now. And I don't know why I just told you that." 

"Some say I have one of those easy faces to talk to." Connie shrugged and giggled. "That's probably why I'd had 3 grown women talk to me about their struggles with love, moms and their desk jobs."

As Connie talked, I laughed along with her about her crazy experiences with randoms telling her about their lives, from death lovers who didn't put them in the will, how yacht club parties freak them out, etc, etc. 

It was nice to laugh with someone that wasn't a family member, it was like a hole in my heart was getting stitched up after years of it breaking apart like a pull apart cake. It was good, really good.  After a little while, me and Connie gave each other our phone numbers, and went our separate ways, I got back into my room and laid on my bed, but something didn't feel right. 

My rom remined me too much of Mckayla's, it was dark and had lightning bolts all over it, I was copying her without realizing it. Everything about it reminded me of her, I got up and looked at my walk-in closet, it only took one step to see how much I put "Mckayla" in my own room. 

But where was the "Rosetta?" Did she ever exist? Well, she did, but I guess I hid it for everyone's sake and pretended to her just because, maybe I was a fan to her, until she broke me. Every part of me revolved around her, no matter what. 

Well? No more, it's time I actually tried something out for myself. 

~End~

(Author: And Rosetta Hazel is about to do a whole new her! Go team! :D)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro