6/24/16

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

~Dear Diary, ~

~There're so many choices on how I could style my hair! Should I do two ponytails? A bun? An Updo? God, there's so many choices to make! ~ 

~It feels like whatever choice I'm gonna make will bite me in the ass! God, I hate this this so much, why can't I even find one hairstyle I actually like?!~

~This feels like one of the biggest choices of my life! And there's no way I can just run back to straight hair like a desperate loser, mainly because the maids threw out all of the trash in the house, so even if I wanted to go back, I can't! ~

~God, what am I  gonna do?!~

-Rosetta H. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article after article left me frustrated as I clicked off the sites to a new one. I brushed back my hair and tied it up in a ponytail to see my options more clearly, but nothing was really grabbing my attention or made me say "WOW!" out loud. 

I didn't get what my problem was, I was always good at making choices, sure, some of them more questionable than others, but I still good at understanding what I want. Even when I was a little girl, I color-coded what I should do during playtime, in that order! 

I bit my nails anxiously, if I could get stuck trying to make a choice as simple as a different hairstyle, what does it means for me in the future? What if I get stuck on other choices like this?! What other options in the future could made be unprecise! 

I fell to my bed with a large "thud" before I scream my frustrations into my pillow! It was so hard to understand why this was messing me up, and running back to straight hair again wasn't an option, no matter how freaked out I was! 

I drank a bit of water before I opened up my computer again, typing up "cute, curly hairstyles" I started to get frustrated with all the choices again, and as I was about to slam it shut, mom barged in my room. 

"Honey? Breakfast is ready. Why aren't- oh my god." Mom gasped, "Baby, please don't tell me you had pull an all-nighter again." 

I looked down for a second and looked up at mom, confused. "What? No, I didn't And also, that was one time! I thought we all moved past that!" 

"No, no we haven't." Mom chuckled; I sighed as I closed my laptop. "Yeah, I figured... Look, mom? I'm really struggling, I know this seems like a minor issue in the grand scheme of things, but I have no idea what hairstyle I want, and the hair appointment is tomorrow!" 

"Really? I thought you were going to straighten your hair again." Mom said, I shook my head and sighed, "No, I want to try out something different with no chemicals, but... it's harder than I realize." 

Mom oohed, her lips making a perfect o shape as she sat down at the corner of my bed. "Oh okay, I get it. It feels like there's a lot of options and it's a bit overwhelming?" 

I nodded my head and Mom sighed, "Yeah, I've been there before. A bit recently. Look, I know it feels a bit much, but the best way you can choose is to step away from it, for a few moments and come back with fresh eyes, then you'll be able to make the right choice. Sound like a plan?" 

"Yes." 

Mom kissed me on the forehead. "Good." Mom sat up from my bed. "Now, if you want something to eat, the maids' made pancakes are made. I'll see you when I get home okay?" 

I nod my head and mom smiled. "Good." Mom stood up and left my room as the sound of her heels click and clack against the hard, wooden floor. I jumped out of bed and left my room, the sweet smell of pancakes filled up my nose as the maid handed me my plate. 

The sweet, sweet taste of chocolate chip pancakes took me all the way to sweet, sweet, heaven. Of course, the hair problem was still something I had to deal with, but for now, it was just peace. 

Besides the whole hair thing, I didn't really have much to do today, Layla and Dakota and Mom were all out today and since I wanted to do something for myself, I went outside with my red favorite hoodie, my walk started off normal, birds were chirping, the sky was blue as ever and people were minding their own business.

I walked for a while, around 10 to 15 minutes at most when I came in and I saw Mckayla and Andrew kissing on the sidewalk, being the "happy couple", they always see themselves are. 

Mckayla glanced over at me and smirked. "Oh, hey Rose." She smirked, Andrew snickered at me as he kissed Mckayla on the cheek, his eyes staring right at me. I blink for a moment and roll my eyes before I moved right past 'em. 

I don't know why Mckayla and Andrew want me to their little audience so badly, but my only guess is that really need the "crazy" ex-girlfriend to completely flip out. 

Sorry to say, but there's no way I'm putting myself through that torture, ever again! If I so much as breathe in their toxic fumes, I'll vomit! 

I stopped for a second and grabbed myself a bagel with strawberry cream cheese and as I savored every bite, a group of women age walked past me with cool, different hairstyles. 

Afros, Twists, Braids, Locs, you name it, one of these girls had it. The last girl that walked by was the one that blew my mind. 

Her hair was parted with two braids as the rest of her coily hair was past her back, she looked over to me and our eyes met for a few moments before she waved and smile and carried on with her day. 

She didn't even speak, but all I knew was she was one of the coolest people that I'd ever seen in my life. I walked back home, smiling to myself, I don't think I'll get a hairstyle like hers, but whatever she did, a lightbulb turned on in my head. 

I have an idea.

~End~
(Author: Oh! Can't wait for whatever Rosetta's cooking up in her brain, check it out next time! :D)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro