8: Tricky Spenglers

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I was awoken early the next morning. I stood up and slipped on my jumpsuit, making sure I looked good. Had to say I was proud of how I looked after two days of sweat. I hope the General thought so. I saw the others get up and my brother did too. Now he looked great. I smiled a bit and we walked to the course. 

"You slow pokes took your sweet time," the ghost told us. "Now get to it!" 

I watched Egon get to the starting line, looking over the course. It was a good run with tires and a wall for climbing. It even had a rope climb on it. It was just a normal course you had to run. I was glad Egon could do this. He ran and he did it all in seventeen minutes. I saw how surprised the General was. 

"I don't understand how you did it so fast! You must have tricked me!" 

I smiled a bit. I watched has the box unlocked itself. We rushed foreword and grabbed my pack. I looked up and took the glasses off my brother's face. 

"Okay I need these to see now," I told him. 

"Fine with me, can't see without mine," he told me. 

"Wait... what?" 

I know you must be so confused. I did that on purpose. Let me tell you my plan now. You see, the plan was Egon would never run the course! I look just like Egon and he looks just like me. I fixed it so I was looking like Egon and running in his place! I know the course and the time because it was mine. Egon couldn't do that in seventeen minutes. Have you seen Egon? 

It was a little tricky to get it right. But this isn't mine or Egon's first redo of switching places. We used to do it all the time when we were little. Egon didn't want to go out and collect sticks from the yard? Switch glasses and clothes and I did it. I had a huge makeup test on Saturday that would land me in hot water if I didn't do it with an A? Well, Egon is a smart guy. We still do it to this day! Downsides is we can't talk because his voice is so deep and mine is not. 

The General glared daggers at the trickery. I don't think he ever thought that we would trick him like this. He would have done more if we hadn't blasted him the moment he looked angry. After all, he did take our packs once. No way were we going to risk it again. Despite us being stuck here, with our equipment on, he was easy to get into a trap. 

Ray held up the trap, looking at it with a smile. 

"Well, I don't think I will ever work out again," Peter told us with a chuckle. 

"I second that," Winston moaned, trying to stretch his back out. 

I laughed, heading back to Ecto-1. I think we all wanted to go home, rest, and pretend that this didn't happen. Though that would have been simple for us, wouldn't it have been? I mean who do you think we are, some normal people with a nine to five job? No, we are the Ghostbusters! It's like the universe just waits for us to have our guard down and than BOOM! We get screwed over. 

Honestly I think we should be taking bets on how long it'll take till it happens. Easy money. What do you all think, did it take the universe five minutes? Ten? An hour? A day? A week? You'd all be wrong! It took the world literally two minutes! Two! Who is up there deciding this? God? A demon? Who? I want to find him and kick his butt into the ground! 

Oh but Natalie, I hear you saying, what could have been so bad that you are so mad about it? I'll tell you what it was. In the span of two minutes, we got to Ecto-1, got in Ecto-1, started to drive to home with Peter taking the wheel. Nothing too strange. That took like a minute. The next minute was the wild part. You see, Peter was focused on the road, the rest of us were doing what we normally do, just talking about the wild ghost. Mine and Egon's little trick. When all of a sudden, Peter slammed on the breaks. We looked at the road to see why. 

The thing was, nothing was there. There was no reason Peter should have done that. His eyes looked weird too. They were kind of glazed over. Almost like he was in some kind of trance. He didn't move or speak, even when Ray snapped his fingers in front of his face. No matter what we said, he was just... quiet. Which is odd for Peter. He's always saying something. We call him the mouth of the Ghostbusters for a reason. I was starting to get worried for the guy. I could tell the others were too. After all, this wasn't like Peter at all. Nothing was getting him to respond. 

"Okay, something is wrong with Peter," Winston finally said. We all knew that of course, but someone had to get us talking about it. Good old Winston was just the guy. "I mean it isn't like him to just shut up and-" 

That's when Winston went quiet. I looked up at him has did Egon and Ray. He was just... sitting there with his eyes glazed over. He looked just like Peter. It was honestly now starting to get a little unnerving. I mean two of our friends just spacing out was weird. Just like Peter, no matter what we did, Winston couldn't be reached. 

"Okay, I'm starting to think something is wrong," Ray spoke up. "I'm getting a little worried about-" 

There went Ray. Egon and I shared a look, not even trying to get Ray to move or say anything. We both knew it was a lost cause. I mean, it didn't work with Peter and Winston, why would Ray respond? I looked at Egon, hoping he would do something about the three. I didn't have a single clue what was going on. 

"Egon?" I asked him. "What is going on?" 

"I think it has something to do with-" he started to tell me. 

"Egon?" I looked up, and to my horror my twin brother was just like the others. Glazed eyes, staring into nothingness, and nothing I did would make him react. "Egon! Come on, snap out of it smart guy! I don't know what to do! Egon!" 

It was useless. He was with the others. I sighed, knowing I had to get them back to the firehouse. I just had to move Peter from the drivers seat. Luckily I was in the passenger seat, so I could easily do it without getting out. I just had to lift him like so and- 

And that's when I was gone too. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro