26| Right Here in My Arms

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The evening had settled, casting warm, long shadows through the windows of their home. Sam and Ray sat on the couch in the living room, a comfortable silence between them as the day's events slowly began to settle, and a calming tone of rock music played in the background.

The boxes, now mostly unpacked, sat empty in the corner, and the house finally started to feel like their own. The scent of the pasta dinner they'd shared still lingered in the air, mingling with the faint, earthy smell of the garden just outside of the open window.

Sam shifted on the couch, pulling her legs up underneath her as she rested her head on Ray's shoulder. He wrapped an arm around her, his fingers tracing lazy patterns on her tattooed shoulder, and for a moment, everything felt peaceful.

But the quiet didn't last long. Samantha fidgeted with the bottom of her t-shirt and Ray knew her too well, so he sensed her hesitation, but knowing well something was on her mind.

"You're thinking too much," Ray murmured, his voice gentle but knowing. "What's on your mind, Love?"

Sam sighed, shifting and looking up at him. Her blue eyes were soft, filled with concern and love, making Raymond's heart ache.

"I guess I'm just processing everything," she hesitantly admitted, her voice barely above a whisper. "The move seems like a final closure on the Los Angeles chapter. It feels like a fresh start, but it also leaves me with old dreams. There's this constant pressure, you know? Like I have to live up to something. My family's expectations, my career, my writing, and if I will be able to accomplish anything."

Ray's brow furrowed, and he reached up to brush a strand of hair behind her ear. "You don't have to live up to anything, Love. You're enough, just as you are. You don't need to prove anything to anyone."

Sam's eyes welled up with tears, but she quickly blinked them away. "I know you say that, but sometimes it doesn't feel that way. Sometimes it feels like I'm just existing in the shadows of all these great people. My grandfather, my father, my uncle, even you. And now, with the tour coming up, I'm scared I'm going to fall apart while you're gone."

Ray tightened his grip on her, pulling her closer. "You're not in anyone's shadow, Love. You will do your own thing, you just need time and recovery."

Sam smiled, but it was tinged with sadness. "I just wish I didn't feel so lost all the time. Like I'm constantly trying to find my place."

Ray's thumb brushed against her cheek. "You're not lost, Sam. You're finding your way, just like the rest of us. And you don't have to do it alone. I'm here, every step of the way."

Sam let out a shaky breath, leaning into his touch. "I know. I'm just scared of what's coming next. Your tour, my writing. Everything feels so uncertain. And with my grandmother... I don't know how to handle it."

Ray's expression softened even more. He knew how much Sam's grandmother meant to her, how the thought of losing her was weighing heavily on her heart. He wished he could take that pain away, but all he could do was be there for her.

"We'll figure it out," Ray said quietly. "One step at a time. You don't have to have all the answers right now. Just focus on what's in front of you, and we'll deal with everything else when it comes."

"Thank you," Sam whispered, her voice thick with emotion. "I don't know what I'd do without you, Ray." Ray smiled, leaning down to press a soft kiss to her forehead.

They sat in silence for a while longer, the quiet of the house wrapping around them like a cocoon. Outside, the garden was bathed in the soft glow of the evening light, and the pool shimmered invitingly in the distance. Raymond glanced out the window, his gaze lingering on the pool. An idea began to form in his mind, a way to escape the heaviness of their thoughts, even if just for a little while. He looked at Samantha a small smile tugging at her lips.

"You know," he began. "we've been so caught up in everything that we haven't really taken the time to enjoy this place."

Sam raised an eyebrow, curious. "What do you have in mind?"

Ray's smile grew, a playful glint in his dark eyes. "How about we go for a swim? Just you and me. No worries, no pressure. Just us, enjoying the moment."

Sam looked out at the pool, then back at Ray, and a slow grin spread across his face. "That sounds perfect, but my splint won't let me swim much."

"I can carry you if that's what it takes," he seductively whispered, kissing the side of her neck.

With that, Sam stood up, pulling Ray to his feet. They headed toward the door, the evening air felt fresh against their skin as they stepped outside, and the sound of the water lapping gently against the edges of the pool seemed soothing.

As they made their way to the pool, Ray couldn't help but feel a sense of relief. Ray tossed his t-shirt and jeans on the pavement, sensing Sam's sight on him. He stepped closer to her, in playful steps, forcing a laugh out of her. He helped her undress, caressing her tan legs as he removed her pants. And soon he slipped into the water, the coolness a refreshing contrast to the warmth of the evening.

Raymond reached out giving support for her to climb into the pool. The water was cool against the skin as Ray held Samantha in an embrace, her legs around his waist. He admired her as she stared up at the sky dotted with stars. The faint glow of garden lights reflected off the surface of the pool, casting soft shadows across Ray's as he leaned in for a kiss. He teasingly brushed his lips against hers, getting an immediate passionate response from her.

"You look so peaceful," he said, his voice low and calm. "It's nice to see."

Sam turned her head toward him, her lips curving into a smile. "I think I forgot what peace felt like," she admitted. "It's been so long since we've had a moment like this. No chaos, no stress just us, your body against mine." She caressed the tattoos on his chest.

Ray nodded, his expression thoughtful. "We've been through so much," he said softly. "It's easy to forget to take these moments when everything else feels like it's spinning out of control."

"It feels good to forget for a while," she whispered, her gaze locked with his. "Just for tonight, I want to pretend like everything is okay."

"Tonight, everything is okay. No worries, no pressure. " He brushed his lips against hers.

She leaned into him, gripping his neck firmer. The warmth of her skin contrasted with the cool water, as their tongues caressed. They stayed like that for a while, wrapped in each other's arms, letting the silence of the evening surround them. The water rippled gently against their bodies, and the world outside their little sanctuary seemed to fade away.

After a few minutes, Sam pulled back slightly, her eyes flickering toward the house. "Do you want to share that bottle of wine we've been saving?" she asked, her tone lighter now, a small smile playing on her lips.

Ray grinned, nodding. "I thought you'd never ask."

They climbed out of the pool, dripping water as they made their way to the patio. Sam grabbed a towel, wrapping it around her shoulders as Ray retrieved the bottle of wine from the kitchen. He returned with two glasses, handing one to her before sitting beside her on the lounge chair.

The first sip of the wine was crisp and cool, and Raymond let out a contented sigh as he leaned back, the towel draped over her legs.

"You know," Sam began, her voice thoughtful, "I've been thinking a lot about my grandfather lately. Being back here brings up so many memories."

Ray took a sip of his wine, nodding for her to continue.

"He was always so focused," Sam continued, her gaze distant as she looked out at the garden. "Every morning, like clockwork, he'd sit at his desk, writing. He'd get lost in his stories, in his characters. And I used to wonder how he could be so dedicated, so disciplined. But now, I get it. Writing was his escape. His way of making sense of the world."

Ray placed his glass on the table, turning to face her. "And what about you, Sam? Is writing your escape too?"

Sam thought about it for a moment, her fingers tracing the rim of her glass. "It used to be. But lately, I don't know. It's like I've lost that connection. Writing feels more like a chore now, something I'm supposed to do rather than something I want to do at least on this story."

Ray reached out, taking her hand in his. "Maybe being here, in this house, will help you find that connection again. Your grandfather's spirit is still here, in these walls, in this garden. Maybe you just need to give yourself time or find a new story to write."

Sam smiled, squeezing his hand. "Maybe."

They fell into a comfortable silence, sipping their wine as the night deepened around them. The stars above seemed to shine a little brighter, and the soft sounds of the city faded into the background, leaving them alone in their little bubble of peace.

As they finished their glasses, Ray stood up, extending a hand to Sam. "Come on," he said, a playful glint in his eye. "Let's make a wish on a star."

Sam laughed, taking his hand as he led her to the middle of the garden. Raymond stood behind Sam, hugging her waist, both of them looking up at the sky, and for a moment, everything felt perfect.

"Make a wish," Ray whispered to her ear.

Sam closed her eyes, breathing in the cool air, her chest rose and fell in a fast rhythm. When she opened her eyes, she turned to Ray, a smile tugging at her lips.

"What did you wish for?" Ray asked.

"If I tell you, it won't come true," she responded with a playful smile. Sam laughed, resting her head against his chest as they stood there, wrapped in each other's embrace. Raymond nodded, kissing the top of her head, enjoying the fresh air the wind blew on them.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro