32. The Wanted Posters

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Back at the Hawk's Eye, Elena Sharp was stood behind the counter of her bar, humming to herself as she cleaned the counter top and twirled the golden pendant around her neck which once held a white pearl that was now gone, given to the Demon Slayer as a gift.

Her three locals, all had their mouths hung open in disbelief; their favourite landlady was acting very out of character. She was usually dark and mysterious with sharp yellow eyes that could kill with a single glare.

"She has to be in love," one of the men mumbled to another.

"It must be that lad who kissed her the other day, what was his name?" the second whispered.

"Mad Man Levon." The third slapped a wanted poster onto the table and sat down joining the duo.

"Mad Man Levon?" The first gasped, as he looked over the wanted picture of a seventeen-year-old boy with messy black hair, deep brown eyes and a sprinkle of freckles on his cheeks.

The third nodded. "Aye, apparently she's known him since he was a boy. He made a promise or something. Him and his crew are the ones who are going to bring peace back to the world!"

The second gulped down his rum. "About time, I hate being stuck in this tavern for eternity because of that damn King."

"It's not too bad, at least we get free alcohol." The first shrugged. "Would you rather be in hell?"

The second and third both shook their heads.

"To be fair the dancing girl on the silk ropes does make eternity in this place a bliss." The third grinned.

"It's a shame she left yesterday." The waitress walked over with more bottles of rum for them. "I liked Jessica, but her soul isn't damned like ours so she can leave the tavern whenever she likes."

The three locals looked up at the pretty blue haired waitress with goofy smiles.

"Jessica's gone!" The chef popped his head out from the kitchen and walked over. "But she bakes the best bread."

The three locals, the waitress and the chef, continued to talk amongst themselves as Elena continued to hum, twirling her golden pendant in her hand. A sudden vibration caught her attention, and she lifted the piece of jewellery to her ear and listened to the high pitch frequency it was admitting. No doubt about it, it was calling forth the Brethren Court.

"What are you damned souls doing?" The five souls tensed in fear and they all stood up to attention. "Get back to work, we have an important guest arriving soon!" she ordered. "And you three." Elena pointed at the three locals. "I want this bar spotless, or no more alcohol for the rest of eternity, you hear me?"

"Yes, Mistress Elena!" They all chorused at once and immediately went back to work.

Elena walked over to the open tavern door, which led out onto the sunlit cobbled street of Harvest Island. The townspeople were celebrating after the events which unfolded during the harvest festival and had started a new celebration in honour of their new god who had freed them from the corrupt mayor and his fake priests.

Their new god had asked for alcohol as an offering instead of human sacrifices, and so a beer festival had begun. Everyone looked happy with big smiles on their faces, the happiest the island had ever been. Elena squinted from the blinding sun, and she looked up towards the statue of Baden Bones in his puppet form.

"Mr Compass was against you being on Levon's pirate crew, Baden." She shook her head smirking. "I insisted. This is only the beginning for you and the Levon Pirates. Now that you're all gathered, Mr Compass's plan can finally proceed."

Elena slammed the door, snapped her fingers and opened it once again, to the moonlit decking of Halfway Point, which overlooked the busy bay, filled with numerous amounts of pirate ships, merchants, the slave trade and various other ships from across the world of Aqua.

She once again snapped her fingers and the swinging wooden sign of the Hawk's Eye changed back to its original name, Davy Jones' Locker.

She shut the door after her and swung her hips as she walked back over to the bar, once again snapping her fingers. All the candles lit up at once, and the dull dark tavern glowed with an orange hue. She immediately grabbed a glass and filled it to the brim with her finest ale.

A second later, the door slammed open, and a strong gust of wind swayed Elena's long black hair around her face as she placed the drink onto the counter. The old man stood within the entrance stared at her, with dark brown eyes. He was a tall man, with a large potbelly, long matted black hair with specs of grey growing within it and his roots were covered with a red bandana. He had a scruffy forked beard, and a peppering of freckles graced his sun kissed cheeks.

His right wooden leg clomped against the hard service of the floor, as he hobbled over and the room filled with a thick tension as everyone froze and stared on with fear. Everyone except the landlady.

"Elena, my darling, it's nice to see you again. You haven't aged a day since I last saw you." He spoke with a gruff. "I hope my sudden call has not disrupted your plans with Mr Compass."

"Not at all." Elena smiled as she generously handed him his drink, which he took in thanks. "What can I do for you, Edward?"

He slammed his drink onto the counter, forcing the three locals to jump in fright as they hid behind the broom closet door.

"I've called forth the Brethren Court, for the Summer Solstice, it's about time my Pirate Lords knew exactly what is going on. I don't want another mishap like with Madame Cheng to happen again. It shall be held here like always, safest place from King Mordred."

Elena nodded in agreement, the king could not step a foot in Davy Jones' Locker, without his soul being condemned for eternity.

"The following Pirate Lords should be attending." Edward listed off on his fingers which Lords would be attending his court. "The Sea Witch Morgana, Logan the Nomad, Jack Rackham, Bart Roberts and Zachary Flint. However, this year I'll be inviting; Captain Ruben Kirk; Dr Jude Hunter and Mad Man Levon. Someone has to replace Madame Cheng's position, and these three rookies caught my eye this past year."

Elena frowned, out of everyone on that list, she despised Zachary Flint the most. He was a mighty pirate; the world's greatest navigator, he knew the seas better than the Atlanteans, he had tamed a sea monster which even the kraken feared and possessed a powerful red-bladed sword whose spirit was able to land an attack on the King - leaving a scar on Mordred's otherwise handsome face. She also didn't like that Zachary was the only living person to decline the gift of a cursed soul. It was the latter which was the main reason why she did not like him, he knew how one became a cursed soul.

"The summer solstice is not for a couple of months. Why else are you here so early, Blackbeard?" Elena wondered.

A grin flashed across his dirty face and he winked. "A progress report. Tell me about Levi's Pirate crew?"

"Aye, captain." Elena saluted and snapped her fingers and each of the crew members wanted posters spread across the counter in front of Blackbeard.

The Pirate King looked over each and every poster with detail and a slight concern brewed in his eyes.

"They're all kids?"

"Not just any kids, myself and Mr Compass handpicked every single one of them, due to their abilities and strengths, and where they come from." Elena cunningly smiled. "A disgraced noble from Meridian Island; an ex-navy admiral; a native of the city of gold; a tutor; an Ancient God; and the Fairy King. Then, there are my four favourites, who are the key to everything, the three-cursed-soul, Mad Man Levon; FJHD; Jessica Red; and the Demon Slayer."

"I don't see Jessica Red's wanted poster here." Blackbeard frowned.

"She hasn't got one yet." Elena gathered up the scraps of paper.

"And what makes this Jessica Red so special?" Blackbeard took a gulp from his drink.

"When you meet her, you'll understand." Elena returned to cleaning glasses.

"I also do not trust FJ, not even when he was a child, I did not like him." Blackbeard took a gulp from his drink. "There was always something manipulative about him; it makes me wonder what his role is?"

"That I cannot say, but trust in Levi's judgement he knows what he is doing. FJ is the glue holding everything together at the moment. If anything were to happen to him, our plan to restore peace across this world will have been in vain."

"I hope you know what you're doing with Levi; he's quite the handful?" Blackbeard chuckled.

"From the day I first met him, I knew he was the one; he's special. He made a promise, and I intend to help him accomplish that promise. He will restore peace to Aqua." Elena clenched her fist. "It's been many centuries, but finally your tyranny shall soon come to an end, King Mordred. You best watch your back, brother!"

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro