11.) Silver

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

A silver haired human appeared, blinking, confused. He looked to his hand and gasped, “What the heck happened!?”

“Woah, Silver!?” Sonic smiled brightly in surprise.

“Sonic!?” the one called Silver looked to him in shock.

“Jeez, long time no see!” Sonic smiled. “What's up?”

“I came here to fix a time anomaly. What are you doing so far in the past? And why are we human?” Silver looked very confused.

“It most likely has something to do with the chaos emeralds, as per usual.” Shadow rolled his eyes. “Hello Silver.”

“Shadow!” Silver smiled. “You're here too!?”

“Of course.” Shadow said, arms crossed.

Silver then noticed Cass and Marklin, immediately becoming shy. “Um… who are they?”

“People-” Cass coughed into her arm.

Silver looked alarmed. “You’re not suppose to get sick! You could ruin the future.”

“Can’t be any worse than the past if I get the sniffles, I’m fine.” Cass groaned.

“That’s the whole reason I came here.” Silver explained shyly to Cass. “You see, I’m from even further in the future than Sonic and Shadow, and I specialize in fixing problems in the past that mess up my present world. You aren’t suppose to get sick.”

“Well then, Mr. Magic Mouse, use your magical future vision to heal my cold!” Cass snarled.

Silver gripped on his arms shyly and nervously. “Th-That’s not how it works, ma’am.”

Shadow laid a protecting hand on the young one’s shoulder. “We’ll take care of you while you’re sick. Perhaps that will change the future for the better.”

Marklin choked on a laugh. “Take care of Cass, that’s priceless.”

Sonic crossed his arms and huffed. He thought for a moment before an idea came to his head. “What if we use the chaos emerald to heal her?”

“And grow a third arm, no thank you, I’m not filling myself with radioactivity.” Cass spat, a growl in her voice.

“Oh please, we use them all the time.” Sonic scoffed. “Heck, Eggman uses them too. You’re not gonna grow a third arm or whatever.”

“I REFU-”

“Just leave her to her wishes, alright, I’ve already lost this battle.” Marklin grunted, Cass huffed and coughed.

“Whatever, I just wanted to help.” Sonic shrugged, wrapping an arm around Silver. “There’s no need to be shy around them, Silv. Heck, there’s not even a reason to be polite to them.”

Shadow rolled his eyes. “He’s allowed to do whatever he feels is right.”

“Well, now that he’s here, he can help eat up.” Marklin burnt his fingers as he finished the meal.

Silver looked to the food, stomach grumbling. “I-I could eat.” Marklin looked over to one of the tents.

“JASPER!” Marklin waited a second for the growl. “Where did you put the plates, or bowls, or whatever you brought!” Marklin called, a container of plastic tableware flew out of the tent. At the sound of noise, Amy woke up, walking out of her tent.

Marklin started to serve the food, burning his fingers regularly. Silver smiled kindly, “Thank you, sir.”

“It’s just Marklin, kid.” Marklin said, passing a bowl and spoon.

“O-Okay, Marklin.” Silver peeped, taking the bowl and spoon. Soon the food was passed out. As Shadow ate, he slowly became more and more annoyed with his hair.

Finally, he set his bowl down, looking at Marklin. “Do you know how to deal with this?” He pointed to his hair.

Marklin pointed at Cass. Cass taking her cue, walked over to Shadow, grabbed his hair, and somehow made it work into a braid. Shadow nodded his head in thanks before glaring at Sonic to keep quiet. Cass went back to her bowl of rice, coughing up a lung.

Silver looked to his bowl. “There’s got to be a way to get rid of that fast. If it doesn’t, iblis will be released earlier than usual.”

“Ugh, I thought we got rid of that fire guy.” Sonic groaned.

“I guess not…. It’s almost as if it really can’t be changed…. I might really never get to see people happy… I might not ever get to see my parents….” Silver whispered.

“Hey, kid, it’ll be ok, things work out. Trust me.” Marklin chimed, put a hand on Silvers back. Silver reflexively flinched at the touch. Marklin took his hand off Silvers back gently.

Silver brought his legs to his chest, glancing at Marklin. “Are you sure, though?”

“I’ve seen enough to know for sure.” Marklin cooed.

Silver nodded simply. Sonic smiled. “Yeah, Silv, the future can always change; you’re the one who always told me that.”

“Yes, that was before I tried changing it more times than I can count.” Silver sighed. “Everyone is starting to lose hope….”

“Hold on to any hope you have kid, it’ll help you power through.” Marklin sighed.

“You’re right….” Silver sighed before looked to Marklin with a small smile. “Thank you.”

Marklin almost smiled as he sat with his rice. They all ate in silence after that. Sonic kept glancing to the tent his uncle was suppose to be in nervously, wondering when the other would walk out.

Jasper finally crawled out of the tent, not getting too far before flopping down next to Marklin and almost immediately falling back asleep. Sonic left his nervousness alone for a bit, chuckling at the scene.

Marklin put a bowl next to Jasper and left him. “So, where do you think Chuck is?” Marklin asked.

“He wasn’t in the tent this morning.” Cass informed, on another bowl of the rice.

Sonic froze. “You mean he’s not there!? Do you think he’s okay!?” Cass shrugged.

“He might be fine.” Cass said nonchalantly.

Sonic stood up, worry clear in his eyes. “MIGHT BE!?”

“What could happen, there are no bears of wolves, what could happen-”

“He could get trampled by a deer or hit by a porcupine’s spins.” Marklin cut over his aunt, Cass glared at him.

“You know you're really unhelpful.”

“You tell me that a lot.”

“He could be hurt!” Sonic tensed up. “We have to find him!”

“Find who.” Chuck asked, coming out of a thicket of bushes and trees.

“Uncle Chuck!” Sonic instantly ran to him, hugging him tightly. Chuck hugged Sonic back gently.

“Miss me or somethin’ sonnyboy?” Chuck chuckled.

“I-I didn’t know where you were, and Marklin wasn’t helping, and I thought you might’ve gotten hurt, and, a-and….” Sonic trailed off, realizing that he was crying.

“Shh, it’s ok rascal, I’m ok.” Chuck cooed. Sonic just sniffled, hugging his uncle tighter. Chuck whispered to him gently as he comforted him.

Slowly, Sonic started to calm down. “A-After what happened last night, I-I just got scared…. I didn’t want you to wander off or get hurt or anything…. I just got really worried….”

“Well I didn’t get hurt, on my walk.” Chuck almost frowned.

“I’m glad you didn’t.” Sonic smiled genuinely to him.

Jasper finally rolled over, and started to eat his rice. “So, todays game plan?” Jasper asked, still half asleep.

“Simple. We find the next few chaos emeralds.” Shadow said, trying to ignore Chuck's presence.

“Well we should get going then.” Jasper yawned, he started to stand but was obviously still asleep in some parts of his mind.

“You're not driving mister,” Cass said, actually standing. “Alright, let’s get camp cleaned up!” Cass called, she clapped her hands.

“Don’t worry! I’ll clean it up!” Silver smiled before concentrating his energy and cleaning up everything using his psychokinesis.

“Welp, I guess let’s go?” Marklin cheered slightly.

“Way to go, Silver!” Sonic smiled, ruffling the 14 year olds hair. Silver blushed slightly at the attention, smiling.

“We should leave now. The quicker we get the emeralds, the quicker we can go home.” Shadow said.

“It can’t be that bad!” Marklin chimed.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro