18: BRADLEY

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

-18-

Bradley

"You have a lovely wife, Mr Williamson," I say, taking a sip of my apple brandy as I lean against the mantelpiece. The weak flames from the grate flicker light across my study. The women are outside; my wife insisted on showing Mrs. Williamson the orchard.

"That I do, Mr. Roberts," he replies, taking a sip out of his glass then coming to stand beside me.

He lets out a heavy sigh.

"You know, Mr. Roberts," he says "I didn't get to where I am in life today by being a nice man."

"Oh?"

"Yes, Mr. Roberts, to get all the things I have gotten in this world, I've sometimes had to make deals that some may look upon as...un-ethical."

He takes another sip of the apple flavoured liqueur, the shadows dancing across his weathered face.

"Some may call me greedy, but me? I call it business," he puts down the glass, "So I'm going to make you a deal. I saw the way you were looking at my wife during dinner."

He grins crookedly, flashing his coffee stained teeth.

"How about you pay me Fifty thousand pounds, and you can have her? What do you say to that Mr. Roberts?"

I smile.

"I think your wife is already dead, Mr. Williamson." I place my brandy glass down onto the mantelpiece. "And you have been a very greedy man. That cannot be tolerated in this house. So how about I kill you too? What do you say to that, Mr. Williamson?"

---

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro