4 - "And Then There Were Four!"

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I have no other choice...

I'm going to use this spell.

The air around me began to churn and swirl as I raised my staff high. "O shining sea of the heavens... Heed my call, and give me thine power..." I chanted, as the air overflowed with magic that looked like constellations. "I call down the stars to reach the earth..."

"METEOR!" I shouted, as a swirl of Fire surrounded the area where Cecilia was, trapping her.

The area around the fire turned to ice. I glanced over at Haruka, who had managed to coat the area in thick ice to prevent the forest from burning down.

"It's the... Least I can do..!" Haruka grinned, as the now ice-coated vine that had trapped her had shattered. As I was casting the spell, she froze the vine around Dante. Once freed, the two got rid of the vines strangling my brother, and took him to cover.

Dante's POV:

"Thanks for freeing me guys, that vine didn't taste too good, haha!" The boy grinned, joking about the vine that once covered his mouth, as Haruka created a wall of ice for us to hide behind.

The boy, Keith, had the same blonde hair and blue eyes as Estelle.

We saw a bright light coming from behind the ice wall, before the ground rumbled briefly.

Estelle walked over to us, looking exhausted. "She's gone." Estelle mumbled, before she began to lose strength to stand. Her brother helped her. "Haruka, if it wasn't for your ice, I could've taken out this whole forest. It was just enough ice to contain the meteor." Estelle mumbled, smiling slightly.

I was still curious about a few things...

But there were two things in particular that didn't make sense.

How can this 14-year old girl cast that powerful of a spell?

And...

Who was that weird woman, and who hired her?

I needed answers.

"Well, all's well that ends well. Should we head back to the city?" I asked, as the others nodded.

"My apologies for dragging you two into that situation, as I managed to resolve it on my own." Estelle bowed. "No problem! It was a good workout!" Haruka grinned, as Estelle bowed again. "Sorry about my sister, she has a bad habit of acting like she has a stick up her butt." Keith laughed, as Estelle grumbled, clenching her fists. "ITS ONLY PROPER TO TREAT STRANGERS POLITELY! ITS COMMON COURTESY YOU IMBECILE!" His sister shouted, as he sighed with a smile.

Despite being twins, these two have very different personalities.

Estelle is proper, polite, and very intelligent.

And her brother, Keith, seems carefree, happy-go-lucky, and reckless.

What a curious pair...

"That aside, thanks for freeing me, you guys are awesome." Keith grinned. "No problem, we wouldn't have considered even stepping foot in that place until we saw your sister frantically searching for help." I smiled.

"That's hard to believe." Keith mumbled, as Estelle's jaw dropped. "You really are a fool..." She mumbled. "Well, all's well that ends well!" Haruka laughed. "Anyways, considering how well you two fought, it's hard to believe you're only adventurers." Estelle said, as Haruka smiled. "Well, make sure you two be careful when exploring. We'll see you two around." I turned around, before walking off with a wave. Haruka soon began to follow me.

"H-hold on!" We heard the twins shout in unison. "Hm?" We both stopped in our tracks and turned around to see the two standing before us. "Please take us with you!" The two said, as Estelle bowed. Keith was still standing straight, so she pushed his head down, causing him to bow. "Eh?" I said with an eyebrow raised. "We would like to join you two. You see, we have been traveling because we're trying to find out where our parents' whereabouts will be." Estelle said, with a shy smile. "We're looking for clues, basically." Keith shrugged.

"Hm... well, what do you think, Dante?" Haruka looked over at me. "I can't see why not." I shrugged. The twins' faces lit up with happiness instantly. "Thank you." Estelle smiled, as Keith grinned. "We may not be able to to very much in terms of fighting, but I can heal." Estelle said, as Keith's jaw dropped. "Hey, I'm useful too! I can smash stuff with my hammer!" Keith grumbled. "It's not about being useful." I said, before walking ahead. "C'mon." I said loudly, so they'd hear me. "Let's go you two!" Haruka smiled at them, as the three ran to catch up with me. As we walked, I felt a cold wind brush by.

I feel like something big is going to happen soon...

I shook my head, and continued walking.

...Nah.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ooh baby. Sorry for the short chapter!

Hey guys! It's me, Waffles!

You guys like what I did for the time skips?

c(ÒvÓ c ) ...made 'em myself...

Anyways... I'm really liking the remake so far. I'm so glad I've been remaking this book. It was one of my first on Wattpad, and I have had thoughts of rewriting it in the past, but...

I've actually initiated Remake protocol.

I sincerely hope you all are enjoying the book so far. I'm so happy that the remake is happening...

I could cry! (;▽;)

ANYWAYS! I'll see you all in the next chapter! Bye-Bye!!!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro