Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I remember everything that has happened in my life. I have a photographic memory. Anything that has been said to me or done to me or others, I will always remember. That even goes for preschool. I was a quiet kid, I didn't have any friends, mostly because I didn't really see the need for friends. In preschool, I was already reading at a second grade level. Needless to say I got bullied a lot. My teachers were worried for me, but I didn't care. They had nothing to worry about. At least back then they didn't.

I'll never forget my first day of preschool. I walked in with an all black backpack wearing jeans and black t-shirt. I had a little bit of weight, but I wasn't overweight. I would say that I still looked the same. Short black hair and dark brown eyes. A serious look. I remember we got to pick our own seats. The tables were spaced out but still close enough to communicate with others.  I sat in the way back, I didn't really see the point of preschool. It was just arts and crafts, nothing to test the mental skills. Just not to pee your pants or eat glue. 

This girl sat next to me, an Asian girl with long brown hair and dark brown eyes. She was wearing a blue overall dress with blue and pink striped leggings, black slip on shoes with a pink t-shirt. Shockingly she intrigued me. I never felt curious about someone else. Mathematical theories, yes, people, no. The teacher told us to stand up one by one to introduce ourselves to the class. Say one interesting fact about ourselves. It got to the enigma of this girl. 

"I'm Lucy Lu and I really like science." She smiled. 

I looked completely interested. Someone, my age, who likes science. And it's a girl. My turn. 

"I'm Jared Franklin, I have a photographic memory."

No one really seemed to care. It was probably because they had no idea what I even said. It was perfect, I didn't have to be bombarded with stupid questions. Everyone was more interested in this girl who loved the questions.

It was nice not to be the center of attention. I've always hated it. Never understood why people liked it so much. I sat there as everyone gushed over Lucy, she seemed to be happy and enjoying it, but I just had a feeling she hated it as much as me. The teacher told everyone to calm down and take a seat. She told us to talk to the person next to us. 

"I'm Lucy, as you know." She smiled.

"Jared."

"I know, so you're different from everyone else."

I slowly nodded.

"You seem really mature."

"You seem like someone who hates all the attention."

She nodded, "but I live in a household where pretending to be nice is better than being quiet and rude."

"So, I'm rude now?" 

"I don't think you are. I just think you like personal space."

I nodded.

"Same here, but I live with so many siblings. I would invite you over one day but I know you would hate it there."

"That's considerate."

She smiled. From that moment, I knew Lucy would end up being my best friend and probably one of my only ones. We were so similar and she was my voice. Not that I couldn't stand up for myself, I just never cared. 

Lucy and I would end up hanging out constantly, but not doing normal kid things. We did science and other school stuff. Guess that's one of the reasons we got picked on so much. Lets skip a few grades and go right to fourth. 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro