1 - Little Bravekit

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Amberpetal..." Pantherhaze looked to her friend's dead body with tears in her eyes, she was the last cat that Amberpetal talked to before she died giving birth to her two kits, one of them which is stillborn. Pantherhaze's mind felt blank. 

At that moment, her friend left her, she couldn't believe it. yesterday she and Amberpetal were still talking and chatting about kits and how they want their kits to grow up together. it breaks her heart to imagine that she couldn't watch and guide her kit as he grows. 

She let out a loud cry, tears flooding her eyes. Tigerstripe, Pantherhaze's mate was the first person to hear her cry, he immediately rushed to the nursery.

"Panther are you alr-" he could finish his sentence, seeing Amberpetal lying lifelessly on her nest.

"What happened...?" Nightstar, the leader entered the nursery, she gasped seeing one of her clanmates covered in blood.

"I'm so sorry, I couldn't.. help..." Pantherhaze managed to say between her sobbing.

"it's not your fault, love, none of us could have helped," tigerstripe bent his head down to cheer up his mate.

Pantherhaze continued crying, tigerstripe trying to cheer her up, while Nightstar was there, speechless." I'm... sorry," Nightstar whispered to herself, tears started escaping her eyes.

"I went on a quest for THREE MOONS, IT WAS TO-" she paused to sob. "IT WAS TO FIND A MEDICINE CAT, but.. but I COULDN'T! instead, I brought back useless herbs I'M SORRY!" she clenched her fangs, trying to stop her tears and looking strong In front of her clanmates that she led. tigerstripe and Pantherhaze looked at their leader, this is their first time ever seen Nightstar this emotional.

"Kit, please forgive me... I couldn't.. save your mother... I'm... truly sorry..." Nightstar whispered to the little kit.it took a moment for Nightstar to stop her tears, with her eyes still red, she asked Pantherhaze "has... Amberpetal talked to you about kit names?"

"No, not yet," Pantherhaze replied.

"Alright... from now on, kit, your name will be Bravekit, I want you to stay brave and strong even without the presence of your biological mother to guide you," Nightstar spoke.

the leader turned to the little black kit. "I will be your mother, I will guide you, and watch you grow, and do anything a mother would to their kit, but... there is one thing I couldn't do for you-"

"Pantherhaze.. will you-" "I will, Nightstar" even without Nightstar finishing her question, Pantherhaze already knew what she was going to ask.

"little Bravekit, even though I couldn't nurse you, I will be your mother figure, and I hope you could see me as such" the leader licked the little kit's head.

and with that, in the first few weeks of Bravekit's life, Nightstar would check on him, play with him, and she became the first person Bravekit ever called "mama".

of course, any little kit with no memory of their parents would believe an older cat's words when she claims to be his parent.

but there will be a time when Bravekit would be old enough to understand how nursing, kitting and the life cycle works. at that time, when Bravekit started asking Nightstar questions about kits and mothers that Nightstar couldn't answer, that is Nightstar's greatest fear.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro