Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Panic arises in my blood and my body starts to burn all of the sudden.

The boy huffs the stench of alcohol all over my face. I cringe as he begins talking to me, spreading his horrible smelling breath all around. He leans in closer so our bodies are inches apart.

"Has anyone ever told you you're beautiful?" He slurs almost falling over himself.

I attempt pushing him away, my hands press against his chest, but it's no use. "No."

"Well, ain't that sad-" the boy says. He stuffs his hands deep into his pockets and leans foreword into my face, almost as if he was messing with me.

"I-I guess." Wincing, I turn my head to the side and leave my eyes closed. "Please leave me alone."

He releases a dry laugh drenched in the smell of beer. "How's about no, darling?"

They boy grabs my waist and slams me hard against the wall. Pain impales into my hipbone. My face muscles flinch at the pain along with fear that flushes throughout my entire body. I'm shaking, my fingers twitching and there is no hiding it.

He tugs at the belt loop on my shorts, trying to pull me away and along with him but I fight him. I fight him off until he releases my shorts and grabs ahold of my wrist.

Teachers and parents had always taught us when we were little when while in a situation like this one to tug until the person releases you and scream until someone comes to help. In this situation, though, that'd be absolutely no help because the entire teenage population in this mansion is drunk. And if they're anything but that, I really don't want to know.

"Let go of me!" I shout over blasting music.

"Shut up and come with me, you bitch!"

"Hey!" A loud, sturdy voice yells turning a few heads. My cheeks suddenly blushes at all of the eyes on this scene. "Let go of her!"

The boy lets go of my arm then stands up straight, looking over my shoulder. I take a peak behind me to find that the voice belongs to the one and only Ryland.

Is he drunk? I think the more important question is that Ryland's not drunk? But he spilled his drink on me earlier.

"What if I don't wanna?" The boy lifts an eyebrow as he slurs his words. I really wouldn't be surprised if he just passed out and fell to the floor, right now. "She was coming on to me, Ryland."

"Jack, leave the girl alone." Ryland puts out a hand like as if he was trying to tame a wild animal.

The boy -named Jack- grabs ahold of my arm again, taking possession of me. I attempt at pulling my arm out of his sturdy grip and setting myself free but it just wasn't working.

Suddenly, i see an object flash in my peripheral vision. Ryland's fist flies through the air making impact with Jack's face.

"I said to leave her the fuck alone." Ryland whispers.

Jack's drunk body lies there on the floor passed out. His eye quickly begins to bruise and swelling into a black eye. My hand makes its way to my mouth, my lips widely part in awe, when Ryland grabs my hand and pulls me away from the scene.

Unlike Jack, Ryland's hand around my wrist felt familiar and comfortable. My body involuntarily accepts him and allows him to pull me away. His touch is gentle but urgent at the same time and I knew that Ryland needs to get away from the scene before anyone caught on to what had been happening.

Ryland leads me through the front door of Ezra's house and turns me so I face him. He places his hands on both of my shoulders, lowering his head at eye level with mine.

"Are you okay?" Something in his voice makes me feel like he cares about what I was about say next but the way he looks around to see if anyone was near made me second guess that.

"Yeah, its whatever." I roll my eyes. "I'll just give you your sweatshirt back and head home."

"No, no, keep it for now. I've got plenty more. But I'm taking you home."

Oh, that's right. The bad boy is my neighbor. How could you forget, Ev?

"I'm fine, rea-"

"That wasn't a question." He smirks. "Get in my car."

I drop my eyebrows. My mind doesn't know what emotion to process this with. First minutes, Ryland Aries was actually being caring and nice, and now he's acting a jerk. Taking me home is thoughtful but does he really think that's the way to talk to a girl? Or really any human being in general? I know his momma never taught him to talk like that.

"You make it sound like you're tryna kidnap me." I jokingly state before leading our way to his car and all hear is a single dry laugh behind me.

I sink deep into the leather seat of his nice freaking car and let his sweatshirt warm up my body. My knees are pulled into my chest as I hold onto them, wrapping my arms around like I'm hugging them.

Comfort is all I need right now. I'm aching for someone to just give me a bear hug and warm me up. Someone who's not drunk- if that's possible at the moment. But all I've got is my really fuzzy blanket and that's just going to have to due since my family can't seem to find their way back home to comfort their daughter/ little sister in times of desperate need. Just leave her at home all alone and make her feel like she needs to feel tough because no one will ever be there for her when she needs it the most.

And, dealing with the fact that they won't be here when i need them the most is the hardest part.

Well, hello there readers... didn't see ya there ;)

Sorry for the late update (again). Yeah, I know I'm not very good with this whole "updating on time" thingy but I'll try to get the hang of it.

But all an author needs is some motivation, right? Well, duhhhh

Vote and drop a comment! A NICE comment, thanks!

Thank ya for reading and stay up to date. I really appreciate it when readers constantly vote and read my chapters, then add The Tutor to their reading lists. Ugh! You guys are just too amazing. Pleaseeeeee keep it up!

Btw, I figured this is Ezra's party, right? So Ezra's cast member is Alex Lange and his picture at the beginning!

Buh-byeeeeeeeee!

-BlackMidnights

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro