Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"I don't get why you're having so much trouble with this Aang; fire bending is the easiest element to master."

"Well, unlike you and Zuko, I wasn't surrounded by bending all my life, nor was I a smart prodigy to absorb it quickly, shorty."

Edward growled as he looked at the thirteen-year-old. "WHO YOU CALLING SHORTY, PIP SQUEAK?"

Zuko laughed as he looked between his best friend and the avatar. "Calm down you two, that's enough for today- Aang has an earth bending lesson next."

Edward smiled in relief as Aang groaned, heading over to the beach as the two fire benders sat down next to one of the other members of the GAang, Katara, who's eyes never left the avatar. As she felt the two sit next to them, she turned towards them in surprise.

"How's his training doing?" She asked, playing with a small ball of water in her hands.

"Pip squeak is doing great." Edward said, leaning back against the concrete stairs of the plaza they were in. "Though his sparing skills while utilizing his elements are a bit under par. He's too afraid of hurting someone still."

Katara sighed. "At least you're honest with me Ed, that's something."

Zuko looked over at the water bender, offended. "Hey! What am I, dragon dung?"

"Naw, just Flying Bison food." A male voice said. Coming up from behind the three stood a brunett that appeared similar to the girl, his short hair hanging loose instead of tied up behind him like normal. He slid down the concrete stairs in between Katara and Zuko, landing at the two's feet.

"Glad for you to join us Sokka," Katara said, crossing her arms. Sokka rolled his eyes, looking up at his younger sister.

"I'm surprised you noticed, what with Aang training all over the place."

Edward laughed, along with Zuko, as Katara glared at her brother, her face flushing, before turning to the two laughing fire benders.

"Well what about you Ed, hm? Are you ever gonna flirt with... what was her name... oh! Right, Winry?" Katara smirked. Edward rolled his eyes, scoffing.

"Like she could ever stop hitting me with a wrench... not even Al and I's old teacher was that brutal, and man... she was brutal." Edward said, gazing at his metal arm as he thought back to his younger brother, who was working as an undercover spy into the fire nation, gathering information for them about Fire Lord Ozai and his adviser, Father's plans. They knew the two were planning something, but they weren't sure when, or what. Alphonose provided a great surface while also staying out of danger, to a certain degree.

Yes, Edward cared about his younger brother and wished he was here, just for comfort, but having him far away from the fight was even more comforting, guaranteeing that, even if something happened to Edward, that Al would be able to live out the live that he wanted, free from the ridicule of the people, even if just a bit.

Al was... well, it wasn't a good thing. The poor boy had lost his physical form in a bending accident when the boys were young, and his soul had been put into a new form- a suit of armor from their father's study. The very same accident had destroyed Ed's leg- and soon after, his arm, in exchange for Al's soul.

Even though the entire group- Katara, Sokka, Aang, Zuko, and Toph- knew the basics of Edwards past, having come across several of his enemies during their travels, but Edward never wanted them to know everything. It was bad enough, knowing Father was helping the Fire Lord in planning something dark and most likely twisted, but his seven children, each one named after a deadly sin, Lust, Gluttony, Envy, Pride, Wrath, Greed, and Sloth. Was it strange? Yeah. Did Ed or the others pay any attention to it? Nope. Once Avatar Roku told Aang, in a vision none the less, that both Ozai and Father had to be stopped, Edward knew it was a matter of time before the entirety of his past came out.

It wasn't that Edward was scared about them knowing his past or the demons that trailed after him, no matter where he and the GAang went. No, what Edward was afraid of was that they would stop him from completing his goal.

It was a rumor that circled throughout the entire Fire Nation that either Ozai or Father was in possesion of a fabled jewel- the Philosopher's Stone, a stone fabled to do mystical things. By combining it with all four elements, whether it was through four benders, or through a bender and heavy traces of the other three elements, Edward hoped to use the stone to give Al his body back. It was risky, but Edward knew it was the right thing to do, no matter who tried to stop him, and plenty had tried already.

A tap to the shoulder snapped Ed out of his thoughts as he turned his attention to Aang, who had joined their conversation while he was daydreaming. The earth bender of the group, Toph, had joined them as well, creating chairs for them to sit on out of the surrounding earth.

"Hey Edward, you with us shorty?" Toph asked, crossing her arms with a smirk sketched across her face. Edward growled at the blind girl, exploding slightly.

"I'm not short!" Edward exclaimed.

"Yeah right Ed. You're seventeen and what, only five four?" Zuko chuckled, ruffling his hair. Edward punched his arm.

"Ow!" Zuko said.

"Well, if you're not short, then what's your excuse?" Sokka asked, staring at the blond in amusement.

"I just live in a big world." Edward said, shrugging slightly. "Can't help that I still have yet to grow into my full awesome."

The GAang laughed at his response before growing quite once more.

"So what's the plan?" Zuko asked. "For, you know, taking my father and, well, Father, down?"

"We should gather our allies and form an army of our own!" Sokka said.

"And do what? Fire Lord Ozai and Father both have too many tricks up their sleeves to go with a smile plan like that." Katara pointed out. "Not to mention that we have to get Aang close to Ozai and try to figure out how to destroy Father."

"I can take on Father." Edward said softly, knowing this was his best chance to try and find the stone. "I know his tricks like the back of my hand."

The GAang looked at one another before  turning back to Edward.

"Ed are you sure?" Aang asked.

"From what you've told us, it just seems like your grudge against this guy may be a little... extreme. Maybe Sokka or Zuko should go with you, just to add backup." Katara advised.

"Guy's seriously, I'll be fine." Edward advised, hiding his true intentions effortlessly.

The subject was dropped, plans were made, and soon, the day everyone dreaded had arrive- the day Sozin's comet passed through the sky and elevated fire bending abilities everywhere. From the left, a flight of airships, lead by Fire Lord Ozai, who had dubbed himself the Phoenix King, and Father, used their fire bending to destroy the land below them.

From the right, Aang stood upon a series of mountains and rocks, looking at the incoming fight proudly, a sense of heroism in his eyes. Next to him, Edwards stood proud and tall, arms crossed over his chest.

"Ready to end this, Aang?" He asked. Aang sighed.

"Yeah, but I still don't know how I feel about killing him- I'm a pacafist, like the monks taught me."

Edwards turned towards the air bender with a sigh. "I know you're not all that happy with the idea, but in all honesty, this decision is up to you. No one can tell you what to think, because you're the Avatar."

Aang nodded silently. "Are you sure you can handle Father on your own?"

Edward chuckled. "Aang, I won't be alone; I'll have Al and the others."

While the GAang had gathered their own mini army, Edward turned to many of his past allies, including Al, good friend Roy Mustang and his military friends, and an ex-convict named Scar, among others. Everything was in place, now all that was left was to wait for the fleet.

And they didn't have to wait long. Once the fleet was in close range, Father turned to Ozai with a small, cocky smirk.

"You continue with the plan, Ozai, while I deal with the blonde brat."

"Why fight alone?" Ozai said "When I have an entire army to burn the ground for us? I must destroy the Avatar myself if the plan is to succeed."

The two men nodded at one another before jumping into battle, both parties throwing every ounce of their might and soul into the fight.

And then, it was over.

Ozai lay trapped in stone, stripped of his bending as Aang stood proudly. Climbing the mountain to meet his friend, Edward dragged himself up there, his hands tight around the small red stone in his palms.

They had done it.

The war was over.

Good and Peace had succeeded.

And once more, all was right in the four elemental kingdoms.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro