34. Teasing the Icy Duke

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

34. Teasing the Icy Duke

"Excuse me?" Yu Zhenzhen said when she heard the foreign prince utter those words. Never in her wildest dreams did she actually think her parents would actually engage her again, especially so soon! She knew that being a princess, the first princess at that, would eventually have an arranged marriage, but it hasn't even been six months since the cancellation of the last one!

And besides, prince Natsu was indeed the modern equivalent of a bipolar asshole. Like practically every other man in this novel, especially the male lead, Nangong Longwei.

"Zhen Zhen!" Both men cried out when they noticed she was awake. Yu Zhenzhen ignored Nangong Longwei, despite his hurt look, and narrowed her eyes at Natsu Sin. "Prince Natsu,"

The foreign prince pretended he didn't hear her call until Yu Zhenzhen sighed and said, "Sin-gege," only then did he turn his head in her direction and give her a dazzling smile. "Yes, my future princess consort? Don't worry, you will love the country of Natsu."

Yu Zhenzhen controlled the urge to roll her eyes. Why was one of the male leads actually so obsessed with her? Wasn't he supposed to fawn over the female lead? Dear author, please fix the plot line, it's heading in a completely different direction.

"When did-why are we-how?" Yu Zhenzhen's brain was so confused to the point it couldn't even form proper sentences. Who could blame her? Her former kidnapper is telling her they are engaged out of the blue.

"Emperor Yu decided that he couldn't allow his favorite daughter to remain fiancé-less, hence the decision to engage you. Luckily, this prince is benevolent enough to offer to marry you."

Yu Zhenzhen frowned, "What about the girl you were telling me about at the temple? The one you were thankful for?"

Natsu Sin widened his eyes at her denseness and naïvety. He didn't believe there could be anyone this clueless in the world, but here she stood, a complete and utter fool when it came to love.

"I was talking about-"

Nangong Longwei interrupted him when he pulled the princess out of his lap, "Sorry, your highness, but the princess is coming with me."

Yu Zhenzhen gasped when Nangong Longwei lifted her up like a sack of potatoes. Once again, someone was carrying her without her permission. The first time, it had been Natsu Sin, now, it is the bastard who gave her a nasty look for something that wasn't her fault at all!

The bipolar bastard that always acted like a giant ice cube yet behaved in a certain way that confused the crap out of her. The glare he gave her earlier was still engraved in her heart. He believed her instead. Sure she had the female lead halo protecting her, but he should know her character. If it was OYZZ, she would understand, but the soul inside was a kind and compassionate person who was pretty much a zealous person, disliking any type of abuse and violence.

She thought she made that pretty clear, but apparently she didn't, since he immediately took the side of the female lead.

Why?

Even Yu Zhenzhen didn't understand why her heart was heavy and the word kept repeating in her mind. She didn't like Nangong Longwei, far from it.

Right?

Her train of thoughts were interrupted when Nangong Longwei placed her on the ground. They both stood on a cliff and Yu Zhenzhen couldn't help but gasp at the beautiful scenery.

It seemed like it was released from a fairytale.

"Wow..." Yu Zhenzhen couldn't help but mutter. The scenery blew her mind away.

"I know, right?" Nangong Longwei said, his focus on Yu Zhenzhen. "Absolutely magnificent."

Yu Zhenzhen felt his eyes on her, so she turned her head and noticed his dark, phoenix eyes scanning her. It caused an involuntary shiver, and Yu Zhenzhen to bite her bottom lip.

Snapping out of her trance, Yu Zhenzhen glared at the man in front of her., "What do you want?"

Nangong Longwei closed his eyes and took a deep breath. When he opened his eyes again, they were filled with woe and another emotion Yu Zhenzhen could not decipher. "...I'm sorry."

Yu Zhenzhen rolled her eyes, "Oh my! The high and mighty duke is apologizing to a mere princess? Bengong never thought that bengong would see such a day."

Nangong Longwei clenched his fists and lowered his pride for the first time in his life. Never had he apologized nor stood so low, but the woman in front of him was the reason his heart thumped so ferociously. Hearing her engagement to another man, his resolve of staying away from her shattered faster than his heart.

She can only belong to him.

This newfound possessiveness engulfed his heart and suffocated his thoughts. No matter what, Yu Zhenzhen was his. And his only.

"I'm sorry." He repeated, with more emotion.

Yu Zhenzhen noticed the serious look in his eyes and widened her eyes. The high and mighty Duke was actually apologizing to her! Never, even to the female lead in the original novel, did he apologize. Why was he apologizing to her? She wasn't anyone special. Just a dense girl who wanted to live past her seventeenth birthday!

She lost her sarcastic nature and asked monotonously, "Why are you apologizing?"

"Because I was wrong."

"For?"

"For not believing you."

"And?"

"And mistreating you."

"And?"

Nangong Longwei looked confused. What else did he need to apologize for?

Yu Zhenzhen rolled her eyes, "How about apologizing for being a bipolar?"

"Bipolar?"

Shoot. The term hadn't been invented yet...

Yu Zhenzhen coughed, "How about apologizing for being an asshole?"

That worked since he understood what the word meant. His eyes grew angry for a second until they cooled down in submission. "I'm sorry."

"I'd appreciate if you spoke in complete sentences." Yu Zhenzhen knew she was pushing his limits, but this was a once in a lifetime opportunity to tease the infamous, icy duke.

Why wouldn't she take advantage of it?

"I'm sorry for being an asshole. Anything else your lordship should apologize for?"

Yu Zhenzhen fanned herself and mock bowed, "My lordship has done aplenty. Apologizing must have damaged your egotistical nature, forgive this princess! Forgive this princess for she has sinned!"

Nangong Longwei, having noticed she was teasing him, cracked a smile on her face. He pretended to grow angry and lunged for her, in which Yu Zhenzhen released a shrilly scream.

He grabbed her slim waist and pulled her near him, causing her tiny frame to collapse with his hard chest. "I'm sorry." He mumbled quietly.

Yu Zhenzhen was about to reply but Nangong Longwei quickly pushed her to the ground.

She was about to scold him but realized an arrow had pierced the ground. She paled in fear and gasped when she noticed the blood dripping down his chest.

"You're injured!" She yelled anxiously, tears streaming down her lovely face.

"I'm fine. Are you okay?"

Once again, Yu Zhenzhen was interrupted when a rain of arrows hurled in their direction...

👑👑👑

Good lord, school has been... *sigh* 🙄

My grades are dropping and my life is growing miserable... hence not updating for a bit. I'm sorry 😭

Anyways,

This is the cliff:

This is what happens when I mess around in photoshop 😂:

And finally, here is the cover for the sequel, titled, THE ULTIMATE HEARTBREAK OF ZHENG MIMI

Since it's in the modern world, it is modern-themed. What do you think?

Anyways, enjoy more updates!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro