17. The Doctor's

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Two Months Later...

The last two months have been busy since we arrive home from Sydney. I've been attending classes day and night as I need to finish University in six months instead of at the end of the year.

Jensen spends more time at the office working on the project in Sydney. Yesterday he was given another project for London and he wants me to go with him. We got into a fight about it as he knows I want to finish school earlier than I intended to.

Right now I'm sitting at the doctors with Jensen. He's holding my hand and looking at a parenting magazine he found on the table. He holds up a picture of a baby puking on the mother. He scrunches up his nose. "Do you really want that to happen to you?"

I laugh. "I wouldn't mind that. But, we don't know if I'm pregnant."

Jensen rolls his eyes. "How many time did we have sex on our honeymoon?" I shrug. "Too many and we never used protection. You've been puking the last three weeks and you're complaining about you boobs being sore. All that tells me you're pregnant. Also, you have a small bump."

I look at my stomach and back at him. "No, I don't."

He opens the magazine. "We'll see, my beautiful wife. If I'm right you have to buy an ice cream and if you're right I'll buy a box of chocolates."

I'm not going to get my box of chocolates. I'm just trying to avoid the possibility of my life changing. But, I'm afraid of being a terrible parent like mine.

"Joy McKellar." The doctor calls. Jensen and I rise and we follow the Doctor into his room. We take a seat. Jensen holds my hand.

The Doctor sits across from me and he looks at me. "What can I do for you, Miss McKellar?"

"Mrs. McKellar." I mumble. "I'm here because I've been throwing up for the last three weeks and my nipples hurt."

"Have you been having unprotected sex?"

I nod. "Mrs. McKellar, you need to go and have a blood." He writes something on his computer. He rises. "Follow me to the pathology room." Jensen and I rise and we follow the Doctor out of the room. He leads us down the corridor and past some lifts. He opens the door to the pathology room and he speaks to one the nurses.

The nurse looks at me. "Take a number and we'll get to you when we can." She points to the tin on the desk.

I move over to the tin and grab a number. I have the number 23. I move over to Jensen and I sit on his lap. He places his hand around my stomach.

The doctor walks over to me. "The results won't be in until Friday. So, I'll book you in for an appointment at 3.30?"

I nod. "That's fine." the doctor exits the pathology room. Jensen shakes his head. I turn to him. "What's wrong?"

He lies his head on my shoulder. "I can't make it on Friday. I have a huge meeting to attend and it won't look good if I don't go."

I turn toward him. "What company has the huge meeting? McKellar Group or Hamilton Hotels?"

Jensen looks at the ground. "Hamilton's Hotel. Your parents called for the meeting. They kept 3% of the company to themselves and they want to sell it. I told them that I'd buy there share and they told me that I couldn't. There's going to be a group of investors in that meeting."

They aren't going to sell a piece of my company. I need to go to my Grandparents lawyer over the next couple of days and get this sorted.

I rise. "You need to cancel that meeting." I run my hand through my hair. "My parents don't own the company. I do. Do you remember that envelope you found on your car for me?" he nods. "That was a copy of my Grandparents Will. They left everything to me. If they sell it they will be in trouble for stealing and I know they have sold a whole heap of my Grandparents things."

He looks at me. "I didn't know the company was yours when they gave it to me. I signed ownership documents from your parents. I'm going to get into trouble as well. My company will go bankrupt if you press charges against me."

I roll my eyes. "I'm going to tell the authorities everything I know. They won't press charges against you and you won't have to pay me a cent. All I need for you to do is keep running the company until I graduate and then I can take over. You have enough to deal with, with your company."

Jensen pulls me into his arms. "Why would you protect me, Joy?"

"I'm not. I'll be telling the truth and that's all that ever matters to me. My parents told me the truth all the time. It may have cruel, but, at least I knew what they thought." I look away from him and the nurse enters the room. She looks at me. "Joy McKellar." I rise and follow the nurse to the room.

I climb on the bed and she pulls a needle out of box and she wipes some stuff on my arms before she sticks the needle in my arm. I feel a sting in my arm. I watch the blood fill the vial. She puts a sticker on it and I check the information. "That's right." She puts the blood with the other tests. She put a band aide on me.

I climb off the bed and I walk to the waiting area. Jensen rises and we walk to the car. He opens the door for me and I climb inside. He closes the door and rounds the car. "What do you want to do now?"

I shrug.

Jensen drives down the road and I see him pull into a parking lot. I look out the window and see an arcade.

What are we doing here? We're too old for this place.

Jensen looks at me. "We need to have fun. How are you at car racing games?"

I smile. "I'm a champ." I wink.

Jensen hold my hand and we enter the arcade. He walks over to the ticket lady puts money onto two cards for us. I take my card and I look for the closest car game. I climb into the seat and Jensen sits in the one next to mine. I look at him "Are you ready to get your arse kicked, Mr McKellar?"

He shakes his head. "Nah, cause I'm going to kick yours, princess."

"Bring It On." I scan my card and I look at him. Jensen and I select the cars we want the race track. I tap the wheel and put my foot on the pedal.

The car game counts down. "3, 2, 1." I press down on the pedal and I move the shift gear to two as I round the corner. I see Jensen spin out on the third corner. I over take him and I continue shifting gears. I'm close to the finish line when I see Jensen's car on the screen behind me. He tries to crash into my car and I move the car out of the way. I see Jensen's car crash into another and it spins out.

I go through the finishing line and I raise my hand. "Who's the champ, Jensen?"

He leans over his seat and he says. "You are." He kiss me.

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow me

❤️MissDredge❤️

Let me know what you think of the latest chapter of The Unwanted Bride.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro