28. Jensen Leaves

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Jensen places the yellow envelope with the divorce papers in the table. "Sign these today. I'll have someone pick them up this afternoon."

I nod. "Alright,"

He starts packing his bags. "I'll be back in three weeks. I hope it's not a huge mess like my father said. I can't stand spending so much time away from you. Can you wait until I come back for an appointment with the Doctor?"

"Yes, I'll wait for you to come home. I don't want to go to an appointment without you, Jensen."

He zips up his suitcase. "I'll call you from LAX. Then I'll call you when I get to Sydney so you know I arrived safely."

I hug him. "Thank you."

Jensen lifts up the handle on the suitcase. "Before, I leave. I found a place for us. Dad's assistant Emmanuel will show you the new house. When you return from New York." He walks out the door.

He didn't kiss.

I pull the blankets over my head. I hear the door close behind. I close my eyes.

Is he angry with me for the divorce papers?

I pull the blanket off me. I throw the papers on the floor. I hear the door to the room open. I turn towards the door and see Jensen standing there with a smile on his face. "I forgot something. I'm an idiot." He swiftly moves towards me. He pulls me into his arms and kisses me. His tongue slips into my mouth. 

I run my fingers through his hair. I pull away first. "Wow,"

He laughs. "That's what I was thinking beautiful."

I climb out of bed and I follow him to the front door. I look in living room and I see my sister sitting on the lounge.

She waves. "Bye, Jensen. I'll see you when you get back."

I kiss him once more before he walks out the door.

Lauren looks at me. "When are we going to New York?"

I look at her. "We're leaving right after your school lets out. Do you have your stuff packed?"

She nods.

"Bring your stuff out and put near the front door. I want to forget anything when I leave."

Lauren walks to her room and she wheels out her suitcase. She places it next to the door. "I'm going to get something to eat from school." She picks up her backpack and moves to the door. "Are you going to come with me to the taxi area?"

"Yeah, I need to get changed first." I walk to my room and change out of my night gown. I put on a black dress that shapes my growing belly perfectly. I exit the room and walk over to Lauren.

She whistles. "It's a shame Jensen's not here to see you in that dress."

I laugh.

This dress wouldn't stay on me for long if he was here.

Lauren shakes her head. "Can we go now?"

I walk with Lauren to the lift and she presses the button. The door opens and we step  inside.

A song plays through the speakers. Lauren begins to sing and dance to the music. She doesn't see the door open and a couple steps into the lift.

They laugh at my sister.

Lauren looks up. "Shit!" She covers her mouth and her face turns red.

I laugh.

Lauren glares at me. She turns back to the door.

When the door opens I lead the way out of the hotel.

A taxi pulls up and Lauren steps in. I give her some money. "I'll meet you at the front of the school. You can't hang out with your friends like you usually."

She nods. "Bye, Joy."

The taxi pulls away from the curb.

I walk back to the room and I start packing my things for New York. I pick up the divorce papers I threw on the floor and I sign it.

There's a knock on the door. I put the papers into the envelope and walk over to the door and open it. I see a guy wearing a suit.

He smiles. "Hi, I'm Jacob Saunders. I'm an attorney for Jensen McKellar. He told me that you have some papers to give me."

I look at the envelope in my hand before I hand it over.

He looks at me and then shakes his head. "I can't believe that he would would let you go like this."

I cross my arms. "You can go now." I slam the door in his face." I move back to the room and I pack some important documents into my carry on bag.

I'll look at them when I'm on the plane.

I exit the bedroom and make my way to the kitchen. In the kitchen I pull out a bottle of water and I drink it. I walk back to my room and I lie my head on the pillow.

A couple hours I hear someone knock on the door. I pull the phone off the night stand and I look at the time.

I'm going to be late to pick up Lauren.

I climb out of bed and quickly brush my hair. I wheel the suitcase to the door. I open the door to the manager about to knock on the door again. I smile. "Hey, what can I do for you?"

He smiles. "Your car is waiting downstairs for you Miss Hamilton." He helps me take the bags to the car.

At the car he helps the limo driver put them in the trunk. "Thank you so much. My room won't be available for two weeks. Apologise to the customers and give them a few nights stay free. If they are still here when I return I'll meet them for dinner."

He looks at me. "Are you sure?"

I nod. "I need to apologise for there rooms not being available. I'd feel guilty of I didn't tell them why that room wasn't free."

I climb into the limo and it pulls onto the road.

Fifteen minutes later, the limo pulls in front of the school. I see kids walking around and they look at the limo as they walk by. I step out of the car and move over to the gate.

Lauren runs over to me. "Your finally here." She wraps her arms around me. "I called during lunch and you didn't pick up."

I pull my phone out of my pocket and I see her number on the screen. "I'm sorry I didn't answer it. I feel asleep." I look through the missed calls and I see one from Jensen.

Damn it. I missed his call as well.

I look at Lauren. "Your not the the only one I missed a call from. Jensen called as well. I'll have to wait sixteen hours before I hear from him again."

Lauren and I climb into the limo. "That sucks. We'll be in New York the next time we hear from him." She looks out the window. "Are we staying at Hamilton Hotel and Resort?"

I smile. "Yeah, we are. I've never seen what the other hotels look like. If there anything like the one in Los Angeles we'll be staying in a nice room."

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow me

❤️MissDredge❤️

Let me know what you think of the current chapter of The Unwanted Bride.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro