Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"I never promised a day,
Knowing the nights never stayed,
I would let her burn,
But only if her fire burns me too."

Layla's POV

My hands shook, as I complete writing about the murder article by myself. Anxious ness coiling around my guts as I recheck it for errors. Words of the articles jumbled up with the flashback of I had smashed his face with my own hands. The fingers which were tainted with blood before are now scrubbed with ink. An ink which could never wash away the sin I committed. But was it really a sin?

How can I write about this murder news article? When I was the one to commit it on the first place!

What a way to go Layla!

My eyes glance back at the paper in my hands, focusing on it again.

How could I write about something so haunting? Something so terrible that it followed into my dreams turning them into nightmares.

Author's POV

"Writing about your sins but hiding the fact that you committed it. How wrong of you to do it?" Baraq's husky breath tickled her earlobes.

Her heart thumped as she snapped her head to know who the intruder is. Dark brown eyes reflecting lamp light. Tilting her head, she glared at him.

Wrinkles forming on the edges of his eyes, as smiled mockingly at her beneath his keffiyeh.

"What are you doing here?" Greeting her teeth, she questioned him, tugging the papers back into the folder.

"My eyes searched for the oasis in the desert. Even after knowing such a water can't be found in desert." Twirling her hairs around his fingers, he leaned to sniff them making her arch back and stiffen at his act.

"You didn't knew English?" Giving him stink eyes, she let out her words.

"What if I tell you that, just to talk you I learned it for you. Hmm?" Sucking in a sharp breath at his words, she pushed him away making him stumble on his feet.

His keffiyeh loosened making him tug the ends carefully.

The cold wind rushed inside the room from the window as if to witness how the fates were going to change? Will the enemies forget the burning rage in their veins or will something extinguish their flickering fires.

"Why are you here?"

"I can be anywhere I want." Side eyeing her standing up, he muttered walking over to her bed.

Leisurely laying on it. Feeling the mattress dip with his weight.

"Baraq. Get out." She gritted from her place not even near to him.

"Tch, don't be party pooper, Layla. I am not here to harass you. You doesn't excite me in any way." Hissing from his position, he motioned her to step near him.

Staying still on her feet, she thinned her lips crossing her arms. Not knowing what to do. Her mind scream to throw him out of her house but the the beating organ murmured again and again to close the window of the sight which doesn't belong to you. Not knowing to draw a line between right and wrong, she stayed still. Anxious ness crawling in her guts.

Sighing he got up from his position, nearing her.

His warm finger coiled around her palm as he dragged her to the bed.

Glancing up at him, she let him lead. Dread stirring in her guts. Gulping down the lump she stumbled on her feet.

"Be soon, Baraq. I don't have time for all of these.

But, in the first place. Why are you even here?" Composing herself, she drew in a breath and let her tongue get a hold of control on the situation. Cold tone made his grip loosen on her hand. Since, when she had coldness seeping in to her bones? It was him who was cold, not her. It was him who was heartless, not her. It was him who didn't cared about anything, not her. She was full of life.

But, now she stood there with eyes cold and hatred glinting back. Warmth gone from her chocolate brown eyes, what stayed was coldness.

A strange emotion swam in his eyes, it made her heart beat while shaking violently in her ribcage. She glanced away as the intensity tugged her heart harder.

"I really don't care about it all, Layla." On the roll of her name by his tongue, she met his strong gaze.

"But, there is something you did,-" his hands still holding hers as he let her seat down on the soft mattress.

"What?" Drawing her eye brows closer, she asked.

"I don't know it. You tell me what you did? Why are they behind me? What did you do that I am meeting strangers out of now where?" Anger surging into his veins as he tightened his hold on her hand.

"What are you talking about?" Jerking her head to meet his eyes, she stood with up frown marring on her features.

"Oh please, don't show me your this innocent side. You knew I had magic right, you did something. Because since I met you I have been feeling something I can't name it, but it is there." His fingers slowly digging in her palm.

"Also, why in the world I met with that woman?" Pain marring on her features.

"What woman are you talking about?"

"The woman, in whom's palace I woke up." On hearing the escape his mouth she saw red. Her palm tingled as she slapped him harder.

His face jerked away with the impact, eyes shining with rage as he held her arms. But she jerked away from his hold.

"How dare you accuse me of the sins you did yourself?"

A buzz rang in his ear listening to the word 'sin'. Mocking her with his eyes he murmured, untying his keffiyeh,-

"Sin. Sin. How could I forget about it? I am the 'sin'. I am the sinner." Raising his eyebrows he let the keffiyeh fall on the ground.

Her eyes drinking in his features. Thick eyebrows sturdy over his sandy yellow eyes. A long scar on his left eye making him look like a beast. His features stood out in the light. Sharp, they were not soft kind of sharp but evil. The jaw, sharp cheekbones everything about him screamed beasty.

"Baraq, I didn't called you a sinner. I said don't accuse me of the sin you did." The words already escaped from her mouth, piercing his heart.

"Why? Why did I sinned? How did I sinned? Did you saw me going to that palace? Did you saw entering that woman's room?

Did you saw me doing something to her like this? Huh, tell me?" He curled his fingers around her elbow, harshly pulling her into him. Circling his arms around her back.

She wiggled as he let himself lean in her shoulder, leaving butterfly kisses. Making heat rush through her spine.

"Did you saw me doing this to her? Tell me, why are you quiet, now?" Gritting through his teeth, he tightened his hold on her.

"I didn't saw you, but I can believe that you can do it. If you can do this to me, you can do this to anyone." Baraq saw red on her words.

His fingers bruising her jaw as he jerked her face up to let her meet his eyes.

"I can do this to you, because I-" He stopped. Heart beating wild as he closed his tightly, concealing the dark secret behind his desert like pool.

Her body went rigid on hearing his words. Her hands slipping from his chest to her sides, limp. Her heart beating with urgency to listen more.

"You are what?" Cold words fell on his ears making them ring violently.

"Enough." Muttering he stepped back.

"Just tell me why did you did this all. You were after my magic-"

His slow but steady words were cut off by him.

"Nobody needs your useless magic." Her world spinning.

"I have my Allah to help me. Your magic is nothing infront of him-"

"Layla, please stop." Saying he vanished into thin air teleporting himself back to his land.

All energy left from her body. Tears of frustration escaped from her eyes as her shoulders shook violently. His words ringing in her ears.

The kind glint which gave the wind place to move wasn't there. A fierce fire took place instead. It was dangerous, flicking in every nerve of hers.

"You meet me one more Baraq. Wallahi, I will do something I never have thought to." Muttering the words she let the rage blind her and it destroyed her room, like a hurricane took place over it.

A/N:

Assalamualaikum!

Haha another update. Ehh com'on I know I am late. But just shower love on the chapter.

Also, before you say that there's too many errors. My chapters are edited once the book is completed. So only put the thoughts in the comments which makes the theory exciting!

Thank you!

There some changes I did!

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro