29. Meeting

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"When rivers detaches itself from mountain, she doesn't promise to come back.
But, mountain isn't the one who held a grudge against her, she lives her friend in the protect of her Lord.

Hushed steps climbed down the grand stairs of city library. Her fingers clenching around the articles she had gathered from the library.

Her boss was pleased from her sassy article which was published in daily newspaper. It made the public roar out their question to the police. The department was too stunned from the sudden uproar. Layla's boss made a promise to never let any harm reach to her. Her safety was promised when police threatened for the writer of the published article.

"Are you sure this article is going to help you?" A whisper hit her ears making her eyes widened.

Startled, she took a step back as the woman in black trained her eyes towards the articles in her ends.

Pinching her lips into a thin line she fixed her gaze on her siren eyes. Thick kohl lining her eyes.

"Do I know you?" She questioned as the cold travelled to her spine.

"No." Her black veil covered half of her face as she cleared her way for Layla.

"Nazreena." The strange woman rolled the word on her tongue.

"Huh?" Something was strange about this woman. Her aura screamed danger.

"My name, Nazreena." Her green eyes travelled to Layla's covered figure.
"Pious. Hmm." Words flew out of her mouth as she tilted her head.

Layla desired to roll her eyes at the stranger. But she was too deep in troubles to welcome another, so she closed her eyes and slowly prowled away. She knew her eyes could give away the fear she was trying suppress that's why she demanded her body language as if to walk like she owned the place.

Nazreena's lips curled under her veil into her vicious smile seeing her straightening her shoulder and walk away with terror reflecting in her eyes.

Layla could feel her eyes boring holes into her skull.

Shaking her head, she hurried out of the library and walked to her house. Hailing a can wasn't something she liked so she chose the better way. Her steps strong against the hard, concrete pavement as her eyes took in her surroundings.

Now that she was alone, she took responsibility to see the world from harsh eyes. The duniya don't deserve her kindness. Not when this was the same world who took away her kindness from her.

Narrowing her eyes on the strangers walking by her side, she fastened her steps. The summer sun making it hard to be out for while. Sweat stick to her body like a second skin. She smacked her chapped lips under the veil.

She could have the right to call this world a safe place. But what was a safe place when it was the sole reason of her restlessness.

"Ya Ilahi madad." Her lips let out a prayer. Her hard steps heating the hot concrete road. Once in her life she wasn't walking rather sitting behind her brother as they rode around the city for fun.

Eyebrows drew closer as she tried to blink away the blurred view. Her hot breath hit her veil making her realise about how hot the weather.

"He has decided to help you." Layla shrieked on the sudden appearance of Nazreena. Her feet stumbled making her land on her butt. Wincing she found a reason to let out the tears which clogged her throat.

Anger rushed into her veins. It was hard to remain calm under the heat. The hot light hitting her face made it hard for her to see the strange woman with her appearance.

"Stay away from me." Gritting her teeth she jumped on her feet dusting the remnants of dust.

"I am here-"

Layla cut her off harshly trying to control her anger. She could not understand why was she angry when she wanted nothing but to grieve on her loss.

"I don't care why you are here or not," leaning closer to Nazeera she glared fiercely. The pools of brown set ablaze on fire.

"but if you again got in my way. I wouldn't stop myself from meeting you with Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala." Gritting her lips, she continued. Her voice threatening low.

Nazreena's lips stretched thinned into a smile under her veil as Layla carried away herself with high head. She found her reflection in Layla's way of presenting herself.

Eyes glinting with mirth as she let Layla walk away, her anger still radiating in the aura around her.

"Like husband, like wife." Her comment rang in the air around her speaking the likeness about the couple.

"How was the meeting?" Hafsa questioned trying to startle her, made Nazreena didn't moved any inch. Her eyes following Layla's figure as she crossed the road and vanished from her eyesight.

"There wasn't any meeting." She clarified turning around walking with elegance as her hand dusted the invisible dust from her elegant abaya.

"Then why are you so happy?" The question remained unanswered as Hafsa followed her with uncountable question scratching her mind. She demanded to be answered but knew not to mess with Nazreena.

A shadow loomed under the sun making Nazreena narrow her eyes and speak out loud with a voice so firm, even Hafsa feared to be in her way.

"What is it Zaal?"
Zaal appeared with zephyr and voice rang around them. A little bow from the wind and she knew he was respecting her presence.

"The king has asked for your presence in the palace."

She tsked on his words and cleared her throat before answering,- "Answer them exactly like before."

"I did, Amirah."

"But?" Her thick black eyebrow raised in question. Voice firm as if commanding for a war.

"The King threatens to demolish your palace, if you don't make your presence at the King's Palace by the time. Which is by the evening." Her jaw tightened on Zaal's words.

Hafsa feared to be left alone with the hungry lioness.

Nazreena but back a curse and made a mental note to warn the old man to not interfere with her matters. Fastening her pace she glanced around her, her aura screamed elegant, luxurious. People bestowed her with weird glances. Ignoring them she walked with her head high.

A name ticking in her mind like a bomb. Turning around, she called for Hafsa startling her.

"Hafsa go to Layla." Commanding she searched for the Ruby in her pouch and hastily smacked the little pouch on her Hafsa's hand making her eyes wide.

"How-"

"If not now then never. I hope that you do well. When I will call you I will be expecting to hear the good news. Don't turn your back on me, Hafsa." Her voice held the power of riches from the land of desert.

Gulping a bile of reluctance, she nodded promising with her eyes and sprinting in the footsteps of Layla in search of her.

Nazreena saw her running and drew out a prayer for her childhood friend.

"Fi Amanillah."

A soft whisper was heard by her making her dry lips stretch into a small smile.
"Ma Salama."

A/N: I hope you all are doing well. You all really don't know. But I really treasure your existence.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro