12 ~ Friendly Face

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Will entered Nico's room and came upon him sleeping soundly. He had slept into the late afternoon and the son of Apollo figured he should wake him up, before the boy slept for the whole day.

'Hey, Sunshine. Wake up,' he said gently. Nico turned and opened his eyes, the temperature in the room dropping a few degrees. The apple he'd placed on the bedside table started to wither as the Italian opened his eyes. 

'You idiot, why in Hypnos' name did you wake me?' 

Will turned away from the apple, 'It's like 1 o'clock, that's why.' 

Nico sighed and rubbed his eyes, sitting up. The medic's gaze turned back to the red fruit which now looked pale and sickly, 'Nico, did you um, know you could do that?'

'Do what?'

'Withering the apple away?'

Nico furrowed his eyebrows and looked at the direction Will was pointing, 'Oh. Yeah, I do that if my emotions are sort of haywire and I can't keep them in control.'

Will raised his eyebrows as the temperature came back up and the apple looked just as red and new as it had before. 'Uh, we're talking about this later and your emotions, ok?'

Nico nodded, 'Fine.' He then looked down at himself and then looked up at Will, 'Gods, I haven't had a shower in what 3 days?' He asked, playing with his skull ring.

'I think Ivory gave you a sponge bath while you were unconscious, so you're cool.' Will said, noticing a piece of paper neatly folded up. 

He opened it up, read it and then snorted, shaking his head. Kayla and her antics. 

The boy turned back to Nico whose expression remained enigmatic as he replied, 'You know what, I have no energy left to be surprised or ask you why you let her do that, so-'

'So, lunch?' 

'More like breakfast, but yeah, let me wash my face.' Nico said, walking over to the bathroom. Once he came out, Will handed him his plate, 'Alright Nico, come on. Let's eat.' 

He took his plate, filled with some spaghetti and bread. 

'Will, when am I leaving?' Nico asked as the blond bit into his apple.

'Uh, once you finish up lunch. I'll give you one final checkup and I think you should be ok.' 

'Alright. But, you are NOT supervising me for a month.' He said, taking a bite of the bread.

'Actually, I am.' Will said, smiling as he rolled his eyes. Nico groaned and continued eating. 'It's my job.'

'Sure it is, Solace.' Nico teased, nodding slowly. Will chuckled and continued eating.

Once the two finished up lunch, Will gave Nico a quick checkup, making sure to bandage up all his wounds again and also making sure to not spend too much time staring at Nico.

'Alright Nico, you're free to go,' The blue-eyed boy said as Nico made no move to get up from the bed. Will knitted his eyebrows together and sat down next to him.

'What happened, Sunshine?'

'Will, what happens when I leave? I mean, you probably won't have time to even talk to me.' Nico asked, looking at Will as if he expected the answer to be something like, 'No, I won't have time to talk to you at all.'

Will smiled softly, 'What did I tell you before? I like to see friendly faces when I'm working.'

'Right, a soda and a snack.'

'Exactly.' Will took the other boy's hand and stood up. 'Now, let's get you settled in your cabin.'

Nico nodded and followed Will as the blond boy gave his hand a reassuring squeeze. They made their way outside the infirmary as a familiar voice yelled, 'Hey Will.' 

Kayla walked over to the boys, handing Will a yellow guitar she was holding, 'Can you give this to Michael? I have a shift at the infirmary now.' 

Will nodded as the girl smiled in relief and sprinting to the infirmary.

'Come on, Neeks,' Will said as the two continued to walk over to the Hades Cabin. 

Nico grimaced as he opened the door, 'Ok, you know what, I really have to re-decorate this cabin. Maybe add some flowers.' 

'Flowers? In the god of death's cabin? That's a first.' The son of Apollo said.

The son of Hades laughed, 'Well, there's a first time for everything.' 

The two walked inside and as Nico sat down on his bed, Will asked him to turn around.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro