Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Jimin's POV

Ten months in the future.

Earlier this week I welcomed my newborn girl into the world.

It felt weird becoming someone of great reliance to someone else.

Yet my wife and I's offspring is totally dependent on us and the good of our hearts for survival.

I am ultimately blessed for this journey with my family, yet everyday I let my feet carry me to the water's edge.

Everyday after work I hope I'll see Taehyung, even if it's just for a second.

Every ship that sneaks in the harbour in the darkness brings me hope.

Yet every single ship that enters South Korea gets patrolled in hopes of finding the missing King.

No one knew how to react to King Kim Taehyung's disappearance.

Taehyung's father is currently still ruling the country due to Taehyung's absence.

His father claims Taehyung has been kidnapped by the pirates, even though he has come to terms that Taehyung chose to leave those many months ago.

Yet the public believe Taehyung's father is corrupt and has locked up his son to continue his rule for much longer.

Many terrorist attacks have happened with the reason they are trying to give awareness to being that they want Taehyung as ruler.

Even after 10 months, people still have hopes of his return.

While I still work in the palace, I can see the damage Taehyung's absence has done to his mother and brother.

His father in my opinion does not care as much, but possibly he does deep down.

But his mother is constantly meeting with detectives as not only are the navy in search of Taehyung, but now some of the world's greatest detectives are.

And Jin seems like a total different person without Taehyung. His moods are low and he hides away from the public now, just spending time with his wife instead of making prince duty appearances. 

Yet somehow Taehyung has managed to lie low for 10 months.

Taehyung is extremely intelligent so I knew he could pull it off.

Even just hearing the commands Taehyung gave before he left the harbour 10 months ago reminded me of Jungkook.

I remember the day there was an attack on Jungkook's ship and hearing Jungkook yelling from the top deck, sounded like Taehyung on the day he left.

As though Jungkook now lived as a part of Taehyung.

Jungkook was deeply intertwined in Taehyung's heart.

I sighed as I headed down to the water's edge.

Today I knew it would be no different, yet Taehyung said he'd come back to visit me.

So I hoped if I put myself in the most visible place possible each night by the waters edge, surely he'd find me.

My wife's dinner nightly would've gone cold by the time I was home.

And I know she was worried about me, but I just can't let memories I made with my best friend go.

I hoped Taehyung would come visit me before my child was many years old.

Yet Taehyung has a taste of freedom, so maybe I am being silly for my wild dreams that he may come back.

When I made it to the wharf tonight, I stood in the centre, closing my eyes as fishermen loaded their fish from on their ships onto land.

One by one they docked until the water was just like an empty black mirror, glistening with a white ball of light.

At the stillness of the water, I decided I should head home.

I walked over to the edge of the water, dipping my hand in the pitch black sea to feel the refreshing calmness of the ocean.

What could be more foolish than dreaming of seeing my best friend on my birthday.

All I wanted even was a sign that Taehyung was okay and well.

I don't even know if he'd have remembered it was my birthday.

But any indicator that brought me closer to Taehyung would have been more than enough.

I wandered up the wharf towards the city now, my feelings drowning in vain.

I know I have been out later than I usually am so I better head home before my wife is too worried.

There were not many people out and about the streets now, just a couple strangers.

My eyes cast over a shop window with necklaces lying on a table top.

Obviously I have an eye for good tastes in fashion and jewels.

I gasped as one in particular caught my attention.

It had a beautiful red gem and looked exactly like Taehyung's from on the ship.

Could there be many of these stones?

Or was it just a coincidence?

But if this was to be Taehyung's, what could have happened to him?

Was he robbed?

Killed?

I know I asked for a sign tonight but I do not wish for this kind of sign.

I do not want to know if he is hurt, in danger or killed.

I wasn't watching as the door to the shop opened and closed, the store owner locking up the door to the shop for the day.

My eyes cast over at the shop owner who wore a cloak.

I could not see his appearance as he had his back to me, yet I knew he was male from their height.

Likely similar to Taehyung's height.

I waited patiently for the male to turn around, possibly to see if I could recognise a pirate onboard Taehyung's ship, or maybe even if it was Taehyung.

The male turned around to face me while dropping his keys into his coat.

We made eye contact and his deep brown glossy eyes shone under the moonlight.

"J-Jungkook?"

Thoughts? Feelings? Concerns? Double update, haha, your welcome! Is it Jungkook? Is it Jimin having an illusion? Is he dreaming? Or is Jungkook somehow alive? 

If you like my writing, feel free to comment as you read my book or vote. Also add this book to your reading list/s so you get the updates and can help me promote my book.

That's all for now... Enjoy!!! Stay safe, healthy and warm my lovely readers... Byeeee :)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro