Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Taehyung's POV

One week after Jungkook's death.

I rolled my body out of Jungkook's bed, my bare feet placing themselves on the cold floor as I stood up from the bed.

It has become a slap across the face seeing Jungkook's room when he was not present.

It was fun being able to wear Jungkook's clothes though as he had very unique pieces that I know Jimin would've been fascinated by.

I just cannot believe that Jungkook is really gone.

While sighing, I opened the wardrobe, my hands flicking through Jungkook's clothing.

I decided on a light blue blouse and some basic brown pants.

I then placed a baby blue rag on my head, folding it around my hair so that the bandana looked neat.

Today the crew and I decided we'd best dispose of Jungkook's body.

We've had him lying in a guest bed for the past week but his body is starting to smell.

Every night before I take over a shift of guiding the boat, I'd always shower first.

Afterwards I'd just look at Jungkook, still in disbelief that he's gone before eventually going to take over at the ship's wheel.

"Good Morning." Juwon, one of my crew greeted me after I closed my/Jungkook's bedroom door.

Since being the Captain, I have grown slowly closer to the other members on the ship.

I need to learn their names if I am going to guide them on this ship for a period of time.

I am not sure how long I will be there Captain, but I want to do the best job I can.

"Good Morning Juwon." I greeted warmly, even though my mood felt a bit on the down side.

Jungkook has not left my brain the entire week.

But me longing for him does not make him come back.

Both Juwon and I headed into the dining area, sitting down to enjoy a meal that Dawon and her partner cooked in the early hours of the morning.

We were having fish today as we spent a lot of time yesterday fishing from the boat because we have not made it close to land yet.

Last night I guided the ship from 2am till about 5am, getting about an extra 2 hours sleep before getting up for today.

I enjoy the night shifts because Jungkook did.

Sometimes I can almost feel the wind wisps wrapping me up in a tight hug, almost like Jungkook is out there with me.

I ate the fish in silence while the crew chatted amongst one another.

It was nice to see their happiness, yet I wasn't sure what emotions I was feeling.

The best way I could describe myself is lost.

Yet I could just be feeling the first stage of grief, denial.

Denial can leave you confused after a loved one passes, and I certainly am feeling confused with everything.

Once the crew started to settle down, I stood up tapping a spoon on a metal cup to get everyone's attention.

Their eyes pondered on me as I stood in silence for a moment.

"Today we are getting close to a port in Malaysia," I began.

"Before we get there, I thought it would be nice to celebrate Jungkook's life," I went on.

"We've been working very hard to escape the Korean Military but have not really had time to pause and focus on the life that left us very recently,"

"So today I want us to take that moment to cherish the memories we have made with Jungkook. I am sure all of us feel saddened to see him gone so soon, yet we all will continue to keep Jungkook's dreams and aspirations alive,"

"I'd like to send Jungkook into the water today, because he told me about his connection to the sea,"

"How the sea felt like his family and home because his fathers plane was shot down over the ocean, and because his mothers ship was torpedoed during the Korean and Japanese war in earlier years,"

"Because of this, you all helped to make a home for Jungkook aboard his ship. He would be so grateful for the support and family you all gave him for multiple years of his life,"

"So while we enjoy breakfast together, I was hoping we all could all go around sharing some memories of Jungkook." I finished saying, the crew all reflecting now as I sat down.

One by one the crew stood up, telling stories about Jungkook that made me feel better.

His memories live on, even while he's physically no longer here.

Social death is magnificent for being able to capture remembrance of people who pass.

I heard funny stories about Jungkook, ones about when he just started working.

Such as when Jungkook began, he was young and scrawny so some of the workers created fun onboard the ship by pushing Jungkook off the ship into the ocean whenever he was close to the ships edge.

I also heard about the time they were under attack but Jungkook was taking a piss at the head of the ship so almost pissed his pants putting them back on to fight while clothed.

There were more serious memories too, such as Taemin speaking about how Jungkook killed their original captain because of his bad treatment of his crew.

Apparently he was becoming corrupt and Taemin spoke about how Jungkook was so humble that he never let himself go down those roots.

Taemin went on to speak about how Jungkook was always checking up on his staff to ensure they were okay.

Some of his crew even spoke about the times they thought Jungkook was gay.

On one occasion, an ex crew member and Durk caught a male kissing Jungkook in the town at night which became the reason that the crew never left the ship at night as Jungkook found it a breach of privacy to have his crew involved in his sexual and social life.

The crew seemed shocked to hear Durks confession about this, possibly because Durk would've been the only person onboard to get a glimpse of Jungkook's sexuality before I arrived.

"How about you Taehyung? Anything special you want to add?" Juwon asked me from beside me, everyone else already having their say.

"Besides having sex. We already overheard enough to know. Especially because it briefly got mentioned when we were sentenced." Taemin snickered.

My cheeks became red and heated with embarrassment as I thought.

"I got to know the captain a lot at night when you all were asleep," I began.

"I remember him telling me that he wasn't much of a huggable person but he was so grumpy that day that I didn't care." I said with a smile.

"I still hugged him anyway, and I believe he liked it and wasn't willing to admit it at those points. I'd like to think I was able to bring out the softer sides of Jungkook in a comfortable, alone setting." I said finishing up.

"I can't imagine him hugging someone else." Dawon commented.

The others also tried to imagine it, pulling funny faces as they did.

"It's nice you saw a different side of him Taehyung, we saw funny, playful sides as well as strict and a great leader, while you got closer and personal bonds which is wonderful to hear about." Dawon hummed.

The others agreed, nodding.

I smiled, looking down at my empty plate of food.

"Well that is enough chatting, I believe it's about time we let our Captain go home..."

Thoughts? Feelings? Concerns? So sweet... This was set before Jungkook's brought back to life, any guesses how he is brought back to life? This will be put in the next chapter btw.

If you like my writing, feel free to comment as you read my book or vote. Also add this book to your reading list/s so you get the updates and can help me promote my book.

That's all for now... Enjoy!!! Stay safe, healthy and warm my lovely readers... Byeeee :)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro