04: How they met

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Ice skating, in Cyclone's mind, is probably one of the most exciting things that is going to happen to him.

He had admired a lot of ice skaters in the television, and he was pretty excited that he's going to finally try it out.  

When they had arrived in the skating rink, Cyclone could only gape. It was HUGE. The floor was literally made of ice, and it was cold. It's like a portable winter house, but not as cold.

He tested out the skating shoes on the ice, but his legs felt wobbly and he crashed onto the ice. His father, Amato, helped him up.

"It's okay, Cyclone," his father said. "Quake, Thunderstorm and Ice were the same in the beginning. You'll be able to catch up to them after some practice."

And so he practiced. Amato helped him get steady on his feet until he could move around without guidance. Soon enough, he was skating gracefully on the rink like a natural.

"Bravo, Cyclone! I knew you could do it," his father beamed at him, clapping as he wiped some fake tears from his eye.

"Thanks dad." Cyclone couldn't help grinning, even as the day ended.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

The next time they went into the rink, their father wasn't with them. 

Cyclone was sad. Thorn and Blaze was having a racing competition on the rink with their mother watching over them. Quake, Ice and Thunderstorm were trying out some complicated moves, trying to outdo each other. Solar was happily chatting away with a famous figure skater.

He was alone.

He glided through the ice gracefully, wistfully watching the others interact.He wished he had a friend to talk to, so that he won't feel like a loner in the skating rink.

His wish came through in a form of a bullet crashing into him.

"Oomph," he grunted as they were both sent tumbling to the ice. 

When he regained his bearings, he saw that the bullet was actually a human girl. Perhaps around his age. Perhaps younger.

"Sorry," the girl squeaked as she scrambled away from him.

"I-it's okay," Cyclone stuttered as he helped himself up. He offered his hand to the small girl and hoisted her up. Even as a seven-year-old, he was pretty strong due to battle training with the older triplets. But no matter how much he trained, nothing would ever prepare him to talk to such a cute girl that he met.

The girl blushed too, and Cyclone realized that he was still holding her hand. He blushed as well and quickly let her hand go.

After an uncomfortable moment of silence, the girl finally spoke. "A-are you alone?"

Cyclone's eyes darted towards the rest of his family members, all having fun in their own way. Then, he looked back at the girl he just met, who was more than willing to spend time with him than his family. Or at least, that's what he wanted to think.

"In a way, yeah," he muttered, looking at anywhere but her.

The girl's eyes brightened and she smiled. "Finally, someone I can be with. My name is Jolyn, by the way."

A friend, Cyclone mused. Someone outside her own brothers. That'll work. "Cyclone. My name is Cyclone."

It was only of pure luck that his new friend lived only a few blocks away from their ho

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Okay, I'm having trouble inserting this in my schedule but eh, I'll manage.

It feels too short and rushed though. I'll probably edit this whenever I have time.

Hope ya like this chap.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro