Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The twins woke up in a hotel room the next morning, a note sitting on the dresser.

"I'll be back soon,

Love, Momma"

Selene groaned, "She just got home," slamming a pillow over her head.

"Grow up, she is probably doing something about the "legionnaires" or whatever," Sol said rolling his eyes,

"Don't tell me to grow up, and you act like you don't believe it." Selene inquired,

"I can say what I want and this is insane. There is no way any of this is real and mom is just crazy." Sol retorted,

"Solstice, why do you ruin everything," Selene whined and threw a pillow at Sol.

"Shut up."

"You're so insensitive,"

"You're so immature."

"I am not!"

"Yes you are!"

"Well! You just hate things you don't understand then are a little bitch when they don't go your way!"

"I'm the little bitch?! You believe everything that comes out of mom's mouth!"

"You kiss ass until you get your way!"

The twin's bickering became louder and louder, they began to tackle each other. A newfound strength coursing through their veins. Suddenly the balcony door shattered a man tumbled into their room. Covered in pitch-black armor, his helmet had two large horns sticking out of it. He had large leathery wings and a red brand buried in his breastplate. The twins stopped fighting and crawled away from the man.

"Dammit Jay! You hit me too hard!" The man complained, another man. Presumably "Jay" flew in, his armor and brand a purple hue.

"Sorry Ax, my fau-" Jay's eyes landed on the twins, they widened. "Axel there are kids here."

Axel turned towards the children, they cowered back farther. Selene recognized this man, she has seen him in her dreams. He got up and slowly walked towards them,

"I'm not going to hurt you, breathe." Axel said, he lifted his helmet off. Exposing his sharp features and auburn hair some grey lining the temples. The thing that ruined his face was a huge scar across the bridge of his nose. Another traced from his chin down, who knows where it ends. Selene stuck her hand into her boot and pulled out a gun,

"Lux," She breathed,

"Woah, woah, woah, that's some legionnaire tech. Put the gun down, we aren't gonna hurt you." Jay said getting annoyed.

"Where are your parents?" Axel asked while he elbow checked Jay.

"Our mom went out, she has been gone for hours. We don't know where she went." Sol said reluctantly just to receive a jab from Selene.

"Solstice! You're an idiot!" She said in a hushed whisper.

"And your father?" Jay asked, rolling his eyes.

"He was killed before we were born." Selene spat, Jay and Axel's faces immediately softened.

"Is your mom a legionnaire?" Axel asked,

"She was a legionnaire, the keyword was. She holds no loyalty to them any longer. The only reason we are here instead of home is that they were sending threats." Selene hissed.

"Wow, last time I checked all of the Legionnaires were at post. So you must be lying." Jay reasoned.

"Jayson, there is one Legionnaire missing." Axel murmured,

"Don't be dull Ax, you watched her be thrown into hell. We barely left with your life. There is no way she survived." Jayson spat, obviously getting angry at the children. "They're lying."

Axel ignored him,

"Will you come with us?" Axel asked, his warm brown eyes drawing the twins in. Like they had known him their entire lives.

Sol turned to his sister, "I think we should go with them. I trust him."

"Sol, we barely know these men. I'm going to guess they are Shadow Knights. What if mom comes back and we are not here."

"Lene, you know that mom would've been back by now. I think the legion found her." Selene's breath hitched. Sol nodded at her, she returned it. They turned to the knights,

"We'll go with you, but if in anyway we feel threatened we are leaving. " Solstice negotiated.

"Axel why are we bringing them with us? The brand ceremony is happening tonight, they probably don't even have attire for it. We don't even know these kids, they are at least sixteen, they can survive on their own. The brand still has to choose an heir for you anyway, since you don't have any kids." Jayson argued,

"Shut up, they are children. From what they've said I bet that the legion took their mother and probably has her captive something. I know how horrible that can be." Axel retorted, finalizing his decision. "Do you two have any nice clothes with you?" He directed it towards the twins.

"Yes, mom made us pack them just in case we were forced to attend the legions brand ceremony," Selene answered.

"Thiers isn't until Monday. We'll help you get your mom back, the innocent shouldn't be imprisoned." Axel supplied, "Get some of your stuff together and come with us." He stuck out a hand and Sol took it, pulling himself up. A spark of purple light stung his hand, which he pulled back in alarm. Selene did the same and nothing happened, no spark, no shock.

They grabbed their still packed suitcases. Selene grabbed their mother's purse and the knights told them to hold onto their arms and they flew to their base.  

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro