10. The Thankful Toadsgiving

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

It was a cloudy evening over Toadtown and clouds were all over the town. At the Peach Castle, the princess was ordering ingredients for the holiday dinner that Thursday. This year she was going to host Toadsgiving Dinner and she was excited. She submitted her order and would pick it up the next day.

She put her laptop down and exited her room and turned off the light. It would be a long holiday week indeed. The next morning it was frosty over Toadtown and Toadette along with her brother Toad were heading to work. Today Toadette and Toad would be working at the castle and Toadette was in joy as usual.

"ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS YOU," screamed Toadette.

"Toadette it's Monday you can sing after Toadsgiving," said Toad.

"No because Christmas is the best," said Toadette.

Toad shook his head annoyed and then Toadette's phone began to ring.

"Hello," said Toadette.

"Toadette I'm a bit tied up at the castle could you pick up the order I made at the Peaches and Toad Market," said Peach.

"Don't worry I will," said Peach.

"Peach needs us to pick up something from the Peaches and Toad Market," said Toadette.

Meanwhile, at Birdo's House, she was with Yoshi and they were packing. They were going to visit their families in Toadcaster. Meanwhile at the castle Peach was with Daisy and they were looking through the Black Friday Catalog.

"I'm so excited for Toadsgiving this year," said Peach.'

"Yes I love food and food and SHOPPING," screamed Daisy!

Peach laughed and so did Daisy and she continued looking at the catalog. Downstairs in the kitchen Toad and Toadette arrived, Toad put the box down on the table. Toadette ripped it open and looked at the all the ingredients and looked at them. Peach walked in and saw the ingredients and smiled Toadsgiving was going as planned.

The next day on Tuesday, Mario and Luigi were arriving at the castle. In the kitchen usually, the worker's hangout Toad and Toadette were doing light work. Toad put a kettle on the stove of the kitchen and Toadette was ironing the newspaper for Toadsworth.

Mario came into the kitchen with his brother.

"Hi Toad and Toadette," said Mario and Luigi.

"Hi," said Toad.

"Morning," said Toadette.

"Do you know where the princess is," asked Mario?

Luigi sniffed a smokey smell and spoke.

"What's that smell," said Mario.

"It smells smokey," said Luigi.

"THE NEWSPAPER," screamed Toadette.

She picked up the ironer and saw a large hole in the newspaper as she opened it. Toadette looked through the hole and laughed. She turned on the radio the Christmas Music Station.

"This Channel 5 News Weathertoad Edward Chills a high of 40 is expected today with partly cloudy skies. The low this evening will be 20 degrees and the high for Wednesday is 31 snow flurries are expected for the evening with minimal issues," said the radio.

"Remember last year when it snowed and it ruined Toadsgiving" laughed Toadette.

Toad and Toadette laughed at the idea of another ruined Toadsgiving. On Wednesday preparing began all over Toadtown and everyone was getting ready as the clock was ticking. Yoshi and Birdo were finished packing and would be at the Train Station at 4am tomorrow, Toadette and Toad would be helping prepare dinner at the castle along with Peach, Mario and Luigi would be helping out in the town and Daisy would be going Black Friday shopping.

On the way home the sun was setting and Toadette was listening to the radio.

"This Channel 5 News Weathertoad Edward Chills a high of 29 has happened today with cloudy skies. The low this evening will be 20 degrees and the high for Toadsgiving is 31 snow flurries are expected for the evening with minimal issues to travel in the morning," said the radio.

RINGGGGGG! Went the alarm in Birdo's Room she got up and picked up her phone. It was 3am in the morning November 22nd Toadsgving Day. She got up and began to get ready and then her phone started ringing.

"Hello," said Birdo.

"Look out the window," said Yoshi.

Birdo opened the window and screamed at the sight of the snow-covered street. A few minutes later Yoshi arrived they would have to hurry if they wanted to make it on time to Toadsburg at the station.

On the way to the station, the road was snowy and slushy. Yoshi was grumbling and Birdo was annoyed they arrived at the Toadsburg Station. Yoshi quickly grabbed the luggage and Birdo and he walked to the station.

Inside the doors slid open and Birdo walked to the ticket booth.

"Let's hope they still have tickets left," said Yoshi.

They walked to the ticket booth and the toadette looked up.

"How may I help you," she asked?

"2 tickets for the eastbound train," said Yoshi.

The toadette scrolled through her computer and then printed out the tickets. Yoshi paid and they quickly rushed to the platform the train would arrive in 4 minutes. Birdo sat down on a bench and waited for the train to arrive.

"Train 78 eastbound heading towards Toadcaster has been canceled due to heavy snow and ice..." continued the PA.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO," screamed Birdo.

"Come on let's go back to Toadtown before the weather gets nastier," said Yoshi.

They got a refund and quickly left the train station in Toadsburg. On their way to Toadtown, Birdo and Yoshi were upset but happy to be with each other.

"Well at least nothing else can go wrong," said Yoshi.

They drove over the Toadsburg Bridge and Birdo saw the ice floating in the river. They climbed the hill and began going slowly down the curve. Suddenly Yoshi saw blue flashing lights and Birdo gasped.

A police officer walked up to the car and Yoshi lowered the window.

"Sorry folks the road is closed we have had trees fall all over the Toadsburg - Toadtown road you better turn back," said the officer.

"Let's go into Toadsburg then," said Yoshi.

"Well you can only go as far into Toadsburg past Toadson Avenue the road is shut down past there also. This surprise snowstorm has affected everyone the road should be open by noon," said the officer.

Birdo screamed and slowly the sun began to rise over Toadtown. At the Peach Castle it was 8am and snow had coated all of Toadtown. Princess Peach woke up and it was finally Toadsgiving she walked to the balcony doors. Excited she opened the curtains and saw Toadtown covered in snow.

Meanwhile, all over Toadtown, everyone was finding out about the snow. Meanwhile, at Toadette's House, she was having tea and was listening to the radio.

"Good Morning Mushroom Kingdom this is top of the hour news and we have major updates. A surprise system has shocked the capital once again and Toadtown was not left out. We have major issues along with gridlock in Toadsburg and who knows what else will occur. That is all for now thank you and Happy Toadsgiving," said the radio.

At the castle, Toadette arrived and she shut the door behind her. Peach ran downstairs they had to start cooking before it was too late. Meanwhile, Mario, Toad, and Luigi were helping clear roads and sidewalks as the government services had been shut down for Toadsgiving.

In Toadsburg, Yoshi and Birdo were at the Toadsburg Station Cafe. They looked out the window and sighed Toadsgving was ruined. At the castle, Toadette and Peach were cooking quickly and the streets were being clear. Soon nightfall arrived and Daisy, Toadette, Toad, Peach, Mario, and Luigi sat at the dining room table.

Upset Daisy had decided to give up on Black Friday. Peach got up and spoke to everyone at the table.

"Thank you for making it everyone sadly Birdo and Yoshi couldn't make it," said Peach.

She sat down and then Toadette got up and everyone looked.

"I know this hasn't been the best Toadsgiving but at least we're together and I am thankful for that. I am thankful to have friends and family that cares even if it did snow at least we are all together and that's what matters," said Toadette.

Everyone prayed and then ate Toadsgving once again hadn't been perfect. The point of the holiday isn't for perfection it is to spend it with others.

- Thanksgiving has arrived to America and I hope everyone enjoys the holiday week. It's more then just eating a truck of food and shopping like a maniac. Always remember that Thanksgiving has a meaning and that is to give thanks to what you have! I hope everyone enjoys Thanksgiving and don't forget to enjoy the week. 

Mariofanandwriter, November 19th 2018

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro