7. Apple is For Trouble

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

It was a foggy Autumn morning in Toadtown one day, and it was Mid October. The leaves were orange and the cold had set in. At Sunnyside Apple Orchard the apples on the trees were ripe and ready to pick. At Toadette's House, she was eating breakfast as usual when the phone began to ring.

She got up and she picked up the phone.

"Hello," said Toadette.

"Howdy, Toadette it's Barbra and me and Mr. Trees have gotten sick and we have no one to pick apples," said Mrs. Trees worried.

Toadette sensing a favor quickly was about to put down the phone.

"Don't put down the phone sugar pie don't worry this isn't a favor," said Mrs. Trees.

Toadette sighed in relief and smiled and then suddenly.

"This is mandatory work from the local government so we expect to see you at the orchard in 2 minutes," said Mrs. Trees.

Toadette put down the phone annoyed and quickly dialed Toad. At Toad's House, the phone began to ring and Toad picked it up.

"Hello, handsome, charming, amazing and loyal brother how are you?" asked Toadette?

"Um, why are you calling me in the morning," asked Toad?

"Oh maybe you wanted to spend some quality times picking apples," said Toadette

Toad scoffed and laughed loudly.

"You want me to pick apples, HAHAHAHA" laughed Toad.

Toadette sighed and hung up and decided she would get ready. At the Apple Orchard. She arrived and Birdo was already putting apples in the basket.

"What are you doing here Birdo?" questioned Toadette?

"Nothing just helping," said Birdo.

Toadette grabbed a basket and they began to pick apples. Inside the house, the phone began to ring and Mrs. Trees picked up the phone.

"Sunnyside Apple Orchards how may I help you," said Mrs. Trees.

"This is an emergency I need 1000 apple pies by noon for the Harvest Lunch at the castle for the lunch and the apple pie eating contest," said Toadsworth on the other side of the phone.

"Don't worry I'm sure we have enough apple pies ready in the back," said Mrs. Trees.

She hung up the phone and walked to the Bakery Room expecting to see some fresh apple pies ready. When suddenly

"OH NO SHE DIDN'T REPORT FOR WORK," screamed Mrs. Trees!

Outside, Toadette and Birdo were continuing to pick apples while Mrs. Trees came out screaming.

"APPLES, APPLES, APPLES I NEED THEM NOW I NEED APPLES!!!" she screamed.

The apples shook from the trees and hit the ground and all the birds flew away. Toadette gasped and looked at Birdo in the bakery area. Mrs. Trees was panicking and showing them how to make pies fast. Mrs. Trees left so she could help pick more apples and Toadette sighed. She began to make the pie mix.

Birdo was helping make the filling and she took out crust ready baking pans. As Toadette and her worked and moved so did the clock and it ticked closer and closer to noon. Toadette looked for more sugar and then found a large sack of something looked like sugar.

"I guess this will do," she said.

She threw in the sugar and then the oven and then the baking. Outside toads ran loading the large truck full of apple pies. Mrs. Trees was picking fast and Birdo was preparing and Toadette was baking quick. One by one pie's filled the truck and soon they were ready to go.

Mrs. Trees sighed in relief and Toadette and Birdo got on the truck. On the way to the castle to the Harvest Lunch. Toadette was singing happily and Birdo was driving fast. She didn't want to be late this was an important delivery. Birdo joined into the song and soon both were singing happily.

Toadette moved her elbow and opened the back door lever. Birdo arrived in Toadtown and toads on the sidewalk watched the truck's cargo door open. The terraced houses rushed by as Birdo stepped on the gas. Suddenly a light for the cargo door flickered on and then Birdo heard a scream.

"LOOK APPLE PIES," screamed a little toad.

Toadette opened the window and screamed as she saw one or two boxes falling out the truck. As the boxes hit the street apple pies splattered and the street was slippery. Birdo slammed the brakes and everyone gasped.

"OH NO,"

The apple pies shot forward and Toadette and Birdo screamed. Apple pie went everywhere and a huge explosion of apple pie. Houses, toads, and the sidewalks were frosted in apple pie. Toadette got up from the apple pie and only her eyes were visible.

Toads came up to help and others called for help as apple pie was everywhere. Birdo came up from the deep apple pie and sighed in dismay. At the castle, everyone was waiting for the apple pies when suddenly a car pulled up. Toadette and Birdo covered in pie got off and put the box on the table.

"We kind of messed up all the apple pie but we have one special on to make it up," said Toadette.

Peach opened and it and cut a slice and then bit into it. She spit it out screaming

"YUCK is that salt," she said.

Toadette blushed and Birdo tried not to laugh it was just another normal day in Toadtown.

- Toadtown, Autumn episodes are fun to write any way I hope everyone enjoyed the double release today. A Toadtown Halloween Special will release on October 26th called Night of Frights. Anyway a new announcement for a new book will be released soon. I hope everyone enjoys their weekend see you next time. 

Mariofanandwriter / October 19th 2018

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro