04| PREPARATIONS GONE WRONG

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

────── ⋆⋅☆⋅ ──────

Finally the day of the party arrived, so I put my awesome plan into action. Okay, so mom's lousy makeup just wasn't cutting it, so I went into the cosmetic store and used up the testers. I even packed a pair of mom's high heels with me. Now all I needed was a dress. Obviously, I wasn't going to buy one — I'd wear it for the party and then return it the next day. All of my spying on the glamour shop taught me one thing: floral print was the trend right now.

So I bought this flowy floral dress in my size and went to the mall restrooms to put it on, so I had more privacy. I put the high heels on and zipped up the dress, but it seemed a little tight — jeez, talk about tiring!

I could barely reach the zipper on my back and after like 5 minutes of struggling, I was impatient and used up all of my force to pull it up — DONE! Finally!

But uh-oh — my hair was stuck in between the zipper. Oh stupid long hair! I began to panic — I was completely stuck. Karan was with Josh on shift in the burger joint, so I sent him an emergency message. He sent me five crying with laughter emojis back, but he also said he'd be over.

I couldn't expect him to come into the girl's restrooms, so I had to try and walk out into the café nearby. My hair was stuck so I had my face up to the sky and every step was shaky due to the high heels. My two arms went straight out to navigate since I couldn't properly see the way. I must have looked like a zombie.

Damn it! 

I heard people were whispering, and it made me nervous. I tripped and the laughters were even louder now and I couldn't even get up.

I laid there in a weird position feeling so helpless as anger and embarrassment filled me up. Thank God I heard a familiar voice.

"Jhanvi, are you okay?" Karan came up to the rescue finally.

He took everyone away, took the heels off my feet and helped me get up.

Then he said, "Oh, my God Jhanvi, What have you done seriously? Why? Are you making a fool of yourself? Just because of some jock you've changed yourself? JHANVI!?"

He kept on grumbling as he tried to fix the zipper. Great! As if I wasn't already miserable enough, he was treating me just like my mom did — and I was so angry. I pushed him out of my way as soon as he was done with the zipper, then stomped off.

I was so mad. I washed all of the makeup off my face changed back to my normal clothes and went home — no more party! I was so done.

As soon as I reached home, I ran straight to my room and saw a brand-new dress on my bed. What!? I never wanted to see one of those evil things again. I grabbed the dress and stormed downstairs and started screaming at mom.

"I won't wear this. I hate it. I will never be like little miss perfect Manya — so please stop"

I expected mom to yell back, but to my surprise she didn't.

She told me that Karan had messaged her telling her what had happened.
Oh my God! Karan you snitch!

I pulled on my phone and was about to dial his number to yell at him. Mom stopped me and continued, "He's worried about you, honey. So he asked me to help you out. I saw this dress in the shop the other day and bought it for you to wear to my wedding, but I think today is a special occasion too. Put it on and go tell that boy you like him"

Then Mom hugged me.

Wow! Talk about an emotional roller coaster.

I was so touched and embarrassed about my thoughts and actions. So I agreed to let mom help me curl my hair and apply my makeup and I wore the dress she bought. I actually looked pretty cute, not gonna lie.

She looked so happy and wished me good luck as I walked out of the house in ballet pumps not high heels. Those things are evil. The party wasn't until later, so I texted Shikhar and told him to meet me at the coffee shop around the corner. Everything was set. There was only one step left — the confession.

Are you excited for Jhanvi's confession" ? Vote and comment how you think the confession will resut in!

────── ⋆⋅☆⋅ ──────

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro