10- POV Scott

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

A/N: An extra update cuz why not?

- - - - - - -

I run over to pick up Mitch, who fell out of his bed. I set him on the couch as Genevieve, our bus driver, comes back with a worried expression on her face.

"I think we hit a patch of black ice, I'm going to try and drive the bus back on the road." She says. "I think just one wheel just fell off the road. We're in the middle of nowhere though, so at least we won't have to worry about creating traffic."

We nod as she goes back up to the wheel and we hear her starting the bus back up. Kirstie and I turn back to Mitch.

"Hey, are you alright?" I ask him. He nods.

"I'm fine, that was just a rude way to wake mama up!" He says, standing up.

I laugh even though I'm sorta mad at him. I feel like he's been trying to stay away from me. For example at Culver's the other day he literally sat at the spot farthest away from me. Did I do something wrong? Is he mad at me?

After about ten minutes, Genevieve comes back.

"I'm extremely sorry everyone, I can't get the bus back up onto the road by driving."

We all look around concerned.

"I mean, I would call someone to tow us onto the road, but I don't even have cell service."

"We could try and push it on the road," Kevin suggests looking at Avi and I. "It's a better idea than being late to the concert!"

The group nods.

I look out the window and notice that the snow is slowing down for now and I can actually see around the bus.

"Let's go check it out first," Avi suggests. Kevin and I nod and the three of us head outside into the storm.

"Be careful!" We here the group call from inside.

It must be, at most, -15° out there but at least we can see where we are since the snow is slowing down for now.

Looking around, we see that the bus is turned and the back right wheel of the bus is off the road. It's in the grass, right next to a ditch. We're lucky that the bus didn't actually fall into the ditch.

All we have to do is boost the wheel onto the pavement and Genevieve can turn us forward.

We go back inside to get on warmer clothes so we don't freeze out there.

"Okay, we need to get this on the road before it gets nastier out here," Kevin says and counts us off for like the twentieth time.

Every time, the bus squeaks and moves a centimeter.

"We need more power, I'll go see if Mitch can help us," I say to the others. They nod and stand against the bus to rest for a minute.

Poking my head inside the door, I call, "Michelle!"

Mitch comes up to the door. "Yeah, Scooter?"

"Would you be up for helping us push the bus?"

"Sure." He follows me outside and goes on the other side of Kevin. We rearrange and scoot down the bus further.

The snow has started to pick up again. My fingers are going numb inside my thin gloves and the wind bit at my ears.

"Okay, ready?" Kevin asks. "Let's make this our last try. One... Two... Three... Push!"

We each push as hard as we can, and I'm satisfied as I feel the bus bump onto the road.

But then, I hear a loud yell of pain so low that it can only be one person. And then, I hear a thump.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro