17- POV Kirstie

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I wake up when I hear a series of loud grunts from down the bus.

Jumping out of my bunk, I quickly run to Avi's, passing by a disheveled Scott sticking his head out to see what's wrong.

In the dark, I at the wall next to Avi's bunk before pulling back the curtain to see him with his eyes closed and a pained expression across his face. He must be dreaming about his leg.

"Avi!" I shout, not caring if the others wake up. I feel Scott walk up behind me as I attempt to shake Avi awake.

"N-no!" He grunts. "Her leg!"

"Avi... Avi! It's just a dream!" I find it cute when people talk in their sleep, but not when it's a nightmare!

"Can't Mama get some sleep?" Mitch pokes his head out from the bunk above.

I gesture to Avi and Mitch's eyes widen as he starts to wake up, becoming aware of the situation.

Avi is rolling his sleep, too, which isn't a good idea. Scott kneels next to me, ready to catch Avi if he rolls off the bed. I continue shaking him until he finally gasps and sits upright, his head just inches from the bunk's ceiling

"Lucky he's not me," Scott mutters under his breathe as Avi comes to his senses.

Avi's eyes light up as he looks over, sighing. As I lean in to embrace him and notice the tear stains on his cheeks. His eyes are red and he is shaking into my shoulder. I also notice that he feels extremely hot.

"Hey," I whisper. "You're fine. It was just a dream."

Next to me Scott bites his lip and awkwardly looks down the bus. Kevins still sleeping as to be expected.

"Just a sec," I whisper and run off to the bathroom. I quickly pull back my hair and dampen a cool washcloth.

When I get back, Avi is laying down again. He lifts his head up when he hears me coming and I sit down next to him on the bed, placing the washcloth on his forehead.

By now, Kevin and Esther are up looking down on us in Avi's bunk.

"What should we do?" I ask them, standing back up. "I think he has a fever."

Esther takes my place next to the sleeping bass. Kevin shakes his head.

"It's probably the infection. I doubt Dr. Smith is at his office right now though, so we'll have to try and keep his temperature down until morning," He explains.

"I'll stay with him-"

"No," I interrupt Esther. "Go get some sleep so you don't stress yourself out over him. I can stay."

"Are you sure?" Scott asks.

"I'm sure she knows what she's doing," Kevin answers for me.

"Thank you," Esther touches my arm as she stands up.

She and the rest of the band shrugs and goes back into their beds. Kevin turns to me. I raise an eyebrow. What did he mean when he said that I know what I'm doing?

He just winks and walks off to his bunk.

I honestly just want Avi to be okay. I swear.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro