21- POV Avi

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Hey bro!" Kevin walks in the room and sits down next to me.

"Hey," I sigh.

I see Kirstie go into the bathroom behind Kevin. He turns around to see her too.

"I wish I could take her on a date." I frown. "I'm trapped either on this couch or my bunk."

"So that means you can't take her date on a date?" Kevin asks, questioning my theory.

"Well I mean, unless you can make this storm go away and my leg better!" How else would I be able to go on a date?

"I'm sure we can find something."

"Like what?" I raise my eyebrow. "Go to some fancy candle-lit dinner?"

"Actually that doesn't sound that bad!"

"This town doesn't even have a McDonalds! And even if it did, we can't even step foot out of this chamber without worrying about dying."

"Well I'll make something work whether you want to or not." He states.

"I doubt it."

He laughs. "I'll make you and Kirstie a romantic date for tonight."

"Fine." I reply. "But if your 'romantic date' sucks, you're getting me a week's supply of barbeque."

"And what happens if I win?"

"I'll help set you up with someone the next time you have a crush."

He holds his hand out. "It's a deal."

I shake his hand. I wonder how this'll turn out.

I'm still super exhausted though, so I decide to sleep until the afternoon.

When I wake up, I check my watch: 2:34. Looking up, I see Kevin whispering to the Scott, Mitch, Esther, and Genevieve. I feel like they're in a team huddle.

Turns out after about 10 minutes of them just standing there, everyone breaks away and goes their own way. Genevieve goes to Kirstie's bunk and joins her. Esther goes with Scott past the bunks to the luggage. As they pass, Scott gives me this evil smirk and right away I know this all has to do with the date. Mitch turns around and winks at me before heading off to the mini kitchen area.

Kevin walks up to me and picks me up, setting me in my bunk.

"Ready for the most romantic moment of your life?" He asks.

I just sit there and stare at him. He literally got the whole tour bus to work on this.

He smiles. "I thought so. I would warn you to stay in here so you don't ruin the surprise, but..." He looks down at my leg. "I don't think that's necessary."

I superfrown and then we both laugh, before he shuts the curtains and walks away.

I spend the next three and a half hours sitting for an eternity in my bunk just waiting.

About halfway through, I slowly opened the curtain to spy on them but I only saw a minute of them bringing bedsheets through the hall before Scott spotted me. He laughed and made an 'I'm watching you' motion before shutting my curtain.

For the rest of the time, I just sit and imagine what they're setting up for us. At first I think it might be something like our little movie night when we watched the Princess Bride. My ideas become more and more crazy as time goes on. I start to doze off, dreaming that they got us a dragon to ride off together into the sunset, away from the gloomy storms.

Then I wake up to a knock at my bunk and the curtain opening. I make eye contact with Kirstie across the hall as her curtain is opened as well. I wonder what our friends have in store for us.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro