3- POV Kirstie

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I hate Jeremy. But I love him.

I still can't believe he would do that to me. I've been telling myself that I should just dump him, but my heart keeps reminding me that I love him. Maybe he wasn't lying and that he really did just have too many drinks. If that's the case, though, then how am I supposed to trust him to go out without me? Ugh! My life is just a mess!

"Hey, Kirstie," Mitch looks over at me. "Wanna go get some Starbucks with me? Maybe that'll cheer you up, girl!"

"I guess," I sigh, remembering his text earlier. I stand up and together we start walking to the Starbucks across the airport.

"We'll have one talk iced coffee, and a venti white chocolate mocha," Mitch tells the barista by heart.

As we drink, Mitch turns to me and asks, " Do you need anything else? I know you and Jeremy are super close."

I shake my head and look down. "Yea, it hurts. What did you want to talk to me about?"

"I'd hate to tell you all my problems since you have your own right now, but you're the only person I can talk to about this." He looks at me questioningly.

"Shoot," I say.

"Well, you about the whole Scömíche ship right?" I nod. "Umm. I, umm kinda ship it too. I mean, Scott's like, super funny and stuff and... I like him. A lot. Like, more than a friend. Is that weird? Ugh, never mind, I should've never said this."

"Of course you should've!" I tell him. "I think thats totally fine! How long have you liked him?"

"Well I sorta liked him since I met him. But more recently, I've noticed it more. I don't know how I'm going to survive the tour."

"Why don't you just tell him?" I ask.

"Are you kidding? First of all he's been dating Alex for like three years so how do you think that will go over? 'Hey Scott, I know you're in long term relationship, but I've had a crush on you for twelve years and never told you! Wanna break up with your boyfriend and marry me?!'" He asks sarcastically.

He does have a good point. I shake my head. "I don't know what to do, but I'll help you get through the tour. Focus your attention on practicing and recording for now, so you aren't constantly thinking about Scott."

I check the time on my phone: 9:45. "We should probably get back to the others so we don't miss the flight," I tell him.

Mitch stands up and takes a breath. Then, we return to our gate.

"First class may now board," announces the people at the gate. We file through, handing our tickets to the flight attendant and find our seats on the plane.

To my left sits Esther putting in her earbuds and across the aisle are Kevin and Avi, already falling asleep. Scott and Mitch sit in front of me and I watch them starting to scroll through the list of movies to watch. It must be hard for Mitch to sit for hours next to his crush and not be able to say anything.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro