39- POV Kevin

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

I wait for Avi's response with my face in my hands.

I know Avi promised that he'll help set me up on a date with my crush, but feel like asking for him to set me up on a date with his sister is too much to ask. Avi is an awesome guy so I trust that this won't get in the way of our friendship whether he says yes or no, but I'm still worried about how he'll reply.

I really hope he says he'll help me. I've always known Esther was cool, but I never really noticed her romantically until this tour. We've been hanging out so much lately, and I've gotten to know her so well, and she one of the best people I know. Esther is so kind and funny and beautiful that no one can't blame me for crushing on her, especially after that night in the hotel room after Avi fell onstage. When it made my heart ache to see her sad, and she kissed my cheek, and I began to wonder if I should ask her out.

After a minute of silence for my request to sink in, Avi answers.

"Sure."

I lift my head up to look at my best friend, eyebrows raised at his answer.

"Really?" I ask.

"Really."

"Isn't it too awkward for you? You're okay with me liking your sister?" I want him to be completely okay with this before he helps me.

"Of course I'm okay with it," he answers. "I can't just tell you to stop liking my sister. And yes it is a bit awkward, but I'll get used to it. I mean Kirstie and I are dating now and you all are okay with that. And Scott and Mitch clearly like each other, and you said youself that you ship them. So there's no reason for me to be mad at you for liking her or anything."

"So you are going to set me
up with your sister?" I repeat, still kind of in awe that he's being so open to this.

"Yes."

"You really want to help?"

"You're making it sound like you don't think I should help you..." He smirks and crosses his arms across his chest, lifting his bearded chin up high. "Maybe I shouldn't."

"Nonono bro!" I grin. "Of course you should help me!"

"Well," Avi tilts his head. "You are asking a lot from me. And you made Kirstie and I wait hours before bringing us to our incredibly cheesy date. I just might have to do the same to you to make it fair..."

"What?" I ask.

Now I know he's playing with me, and I can tell he's already forming some intricate plan in his head as a way to get us together. Of course he's going to try and make it as cheesy as possible, which I don't know will help my case since I have no idea if Esther even likes me as more than a friend.

"You really don't have to," I respond, as a way of trying to convince him to not set up anything embarrassing. "You're right, it is already lot for me to ask of you, to be okay with me liking your own sister. Maybe you could just say something to see if she would be open to going on a date with me?"

"Oh no, Kevin." The smirk sneaks across his face. "You make it sound like you have never heard the frase 'go big or go home!'"

He steps out of the bathroom without another word and walks straight back to Kirstie at his bunk.

What have I gotten myself into?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro