33 ~ Nightgown

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

7K votes!!!

Trishalini POV

"Let's go," I heard Queen Nandani's voice, and I immediately took a few steps back before turning around and walking out of the King's chamber.

A deep sigh left me.

She chuckled. "What happened? Are you okay?" she asked, her concern palpable. I looked at her and shook my head.

"I feel nervous around everyone," I could not stop myself from saying, and she nodded.

"I can understand," Queen Nandani reassured me, her understanding shining through. I noticed a group of ladies following us to my chamber.

"It feels like I am never alone," I confessed, the weight of constant scrutiny evident in my voice. Queen Nandani nodded, her smile a comforting presence.

"Since you are going to be the next Queen, people will always be around you," she said. We both stepped into my chamber and found it already lit and decorated. I looked at her with questioning eyes.

She smiled weakly and looked away for a moment. "Well, today is your actual wedding night. Since now the Kul Devi's pooja is done,"

Her words raced my heartbeats, and I stared blankly at her. "Abhinan cannot leave you alone tonight. He will have to stay here," she said, clapping twice to catch the attendees' attention.

"You all leave now," she ordered, and I noticed everyone leaving their pending work and walking out.

"But why? His chamber is across mine; it is not too far," I tried to say, understanding it, but she held my hand and took me to the changing area. It was well, too. And said. "If you two sleep in the separated chambers, the rumours will spread that there is something wrong between you two,"

I scoffed. "This is... difficult. I am already feeling tired," I said, and she chuckled. She helped me sit on the chair in front of the mirror and looked at me.

"You will manage it," she said, and I nodded weakly, staring at her.

"Was it difficult for you too to settle in your new home?" I asked in a slow voice, and she lowered her gaze for a moment and shook her head.

"Rudra does not make it feel difficult for me. And Ranvijay and Agastya Deversa are always there to help," she said, and I smiled.

"You are lucky," I stated, and she shook her head.

"Only if people are able to stop sticking to one thing," she said, and I lowered my gaze for a moment.

"Can I ask you something?" I asked, and she sat on the dressing table before me and nodded.

"Anything," she smiled.

I inhaled deeply and looked at our hands, comforting each other, our thumbs caressing each other. "How did you get through your first night? I mean, when you two were together?" I asked, my voice almost fumbling, and she just smiled.

"Nothing happened for the many nights. When it happened, it felt natural, like it was meant to happen," she said, and I bit my lips.

"What if it would not feel natural, or it was not meant to happen? And still, happen," I asked, and she knit her brows with confusion and asked.

"What do you mean?"

I lowered my gaze and shook my head slowly. "Yuvraj and I," I inhaled deeply. "We are expected to bring the... child soon. You know... because the King intends to see his grandchild. And your mother suggested that I should not let it happen until I want to. But I feel like I would never want to. I do not know what I feel. It seems like the wrong thing to do. I cannot help but remember his sixteen-year-old self when I looked at him. It just does not feel right," I tried to say, and she firmly held my hand and muttered.

"You are older than me, so I assume you will know better than I do. When the time comes, it will feel right," she said, and I shook my head.

"I know nothing," I lifted my gaze, and she looked into my eyes with sympathy. Well, I know what happens, but even thinking about it makes me nervous and vulnerable," I said and looked away. And I feel your brother also feels the same. Everything seems forced between us—rules, conditions, motives," I said, and she shook her head.

"Bhabhisa," she called me, and I looked into her eyes.

"No words can give you the direction. No one can feel even an ounce of what you feel. And no one can ever understand what it is between you two. But, all I know about marriage is that two can play the royals in the day and the husband and wife at night. It's as simple as that for Rudra and me," she said and smiled. "But, I will suggest that before becoming husband and wife, you two become the friends, the lovers and then a couple,"

Her words made me gulp nervously.

"Love?" I breathed it. "There is no such thing as love. Our marriage is merely a condition and duties and responsibilities," I said, and she replied.

"That's why you two need a stronger bond to stick by each other," her words felt hollow to me. I could not understand what she was saying. It was like love would never be possible between us. It was not what he and I sought.

"By the way, it's getting late. You should change," she suggested, stepping down from the table and looking around.

"I brought you a few pairs of nightgowns to make you comfortable. I know the pain of sleeping in these heavy things. Also, a few more things to make you feel better," she said, and I smiled.

"Thank you so much. You are so lovely," I could not help admitting that and held her hand before she could walk away. "And I am sorry for the way I talked to you earlier," I said, and she shook her head with slightly tearful eyes.

I did not know, but I could feel that something was bothering her. So, I stepped closer, and she immediately hugged me tightly.

"I know whatever he did to you was because of me. He hurt you because of me, and I am so sorry. I am a terrible sister," she broke into cries, and I immediately hugged her tightly.

"No, whatever he did was because he wanted to do it. It's only who should be responsible for it," I tried to say, and she shook her head.

"Still, it was better if I married someone I did not know and died. At least a few were at peace," she said in a breaking voice, and I closed my eyes, caressing her back.

"I am sorry, but I also thought you made a terrible decision by standing up for what you wanted. I also judged you. But, after knowing that your own family, your father, and your people could get bitter when you start thinking about you, I understood you," I said, and she inhaled deeply.

"I am sorry I am making you cry because of me," she said, pulling back and I smiled weakly, shaking my head.

"I have found a sister in you," I said with slight nervousness, not knowing if she would like it. But she smiled with a soft chuckle. "Of course," she muttered. Now, it will be more fun to come to my maternal home," she said, and I chuckled.

"Dresses," she said and looked away, washing her tears. "You should change," she suggested, and I nodded.

"Well, I am sure Abhinandan is not going to help you with that anytime soon," she said, and I could not help but laugh.

She laughed, too. "I know him. He is the most unromantic person," she said, walking away and brought a wooden box and kept it on the table. "I ordered a few soldiers and attendees to bring it from Suryagarh at early notice,"

"And he is so childish," I said, and she laughed even more.

"Yes, he is stubborn. He does not say it but keeps facing or showing his discontent until he gets a particular thing," she said, and I nodded with a small laugh.

"I know that," I admitted it.

"But, Bhabhisa," suddenly, she stopped and looked at me. "He is genuine in his heart," she said, and my smile shrank. "He hates making conversations. He would choose to spend his time alone rather than speak of what is bothering him. He just walks away," she said, and I nodded slightly.

"And nothing makes things worse than walking away. It brings distance, confusion, and assumptions. And these are the dangerous things in marriage," she said, and I smiled weakly and nodded.

What could I say to him? I was exactly like this.

And, no doubt, we both were together but miles apart from each other.

"I understand," I said, and she placed her hand on my shoulder and made me look into the mirror.

"Uff, you are so beautiful," she said, and I chuckled.

"Nothing in front of you. You glow like diamonds," I could not help but say, and she smiled weakly.

"Every stone has the capability of becoming a diamond, Bhabhisa. Its just the matter of time and efforts and you will never know will stone will sparkle the most," she said and I just stared at her face through the mirror.

She was so much more mature for her age. Or it was the circumstances that did it to her.

And the way her words gave me hope that I could be a diamond, too, was commendable.

"And, I am sure you will make the finest Queen. Definitely a jewel to the Mahabaleshgarh's crown," she said, and I chuckled.

"This is not possible," I said, and she knitted her brows, untucking my dupatta and keeping it aside.

"Why?" she asked, and I lowered my gaze, feeling her unbraiding my hair.

"I do not know. I just feel like I do not know the Kingdom, its customs and I will end up hurting people," I said and she chuckled.

"There are no customs or things that are hard to learn—just a few rules. Always dress up like a Princess, showing off your power and values through your jewellery, dresses and especially your eyes when you meet any outsider, like someone not from the family. Respect is what will bring you the respect of others. And, about the people. I bet no one understands them better than you. Because you had been one among them, and this is nothing but a chance to bring the problems of the commoners to the crown so that Mahabaleshgarh will outshine and do much better things. You know women, you know survival, you know life down there, so for me, you are the perfect one to sit on the crown. And, you will help my brother to be better, too," she said, and I immediately lowered my gaze.

"But I do not know what to do," I said. Once she opened my braid, I turned around to look at her, and she smiled, holding my hand.

"Bhabhisa, just be yourself in the attire of the Queen. And everything will be fine. Do not try to change yourself for anyone, not even for my brother. If your heart wants to help someone, help someone; if your heart does not desire to not do a particular, do not do it. Royals are people, too. They do everything commoners do; they just have the power to decide between right and wrong. And now, you, too, have the power to decide between right and wrong. And the power to choose, too. So, be the person you already are and just decide," she said, and I nodded. I did not know, but her words were making me feel good. Suppose it was like she actually wanted to help me. She did not expect me to do something but told me what to do.

"And, what about managing the Kingdom? I have heard that the Queen does that?" I asked, and she smiled, nodding.

"Managing a Kingdom is like managing a home, too. You worry about the bread, but it's not for the four people but four thousand. You worry for the guests, but they are not commoners; they are other royals, and you cannot afford to displease them. You worry for the family, and you know how to keep a family happy already. It's just your home, but bigger now, and your responsibilities are bigger, too," she said, and I smiled widely.

"I think I should sit with you for at least a week to learn about the family," I said, and she chuckled.

"I am afraid, but I am leaving tomorrow," she said, and I immediately looked up at her.

"But why?" I asked, and she smiled.

"Prince Ranvijay's wedding is near, and..." she lowered her gaze. I do not feel like this home is the same as before for me. The constant glares of the attendees, the way people see me like a culprit, are weakening," she looked up at me. "This is your home now. I will only be a guest," she said with a smile, and I shook my head.

"But," I tried to say, and she caressed my hand.

"That's okay. Everything will be fine," she said, and I nodded.

Suddenly, she inhaled deeply and turned around. "Dress!" she said and shook her head. "I keep slipping away from the topic," she said, and I smiled weakly.

I noticed her taking out a beautiful white cloth or dress.

"What is this?" I asked, and she smiled, looking at me.

"This is something that is worn at night at my cousin Ruhani's home. It is comfortable, thin, and... seductive," she said. And Rudra likes tearing it, too," she said, and I chuckled a little.

"What?" I asked, and she laughed.

"Just joking," she muttered, and I looked away momentarily.

"I bet your brother will not like it," I tried to say, and she looked at me. Who said that you are going to wear it to make him like it? You are going to wear it to be comfortable," she said, and I touched the end of it.

"It's soft," I muttered.

"Yes," she nodded. "Go on, change," she said, and my eyes widened.

"Now?" I asked, and she nodded, taking me to the wooden space behind which I had to change.

"Yes, now, I want to see how it looks on you," she said, and I nodded.

I went behind that changing area and nervously stripped my Lehnga and blouse open. Standing naked in such a wide and large place was uncomfortable.

But I shook that feeling away and concentrated on the task I had. There were two things. One was something that was ending on my thighs. It was cut sleeves, translucent, thin cotton, and I felt almost naked in it. And the other thing was an overcoat, which had full sleeves, longer till my feet and covered all of me. There were six knots. Three were inside, on the sides, and three on the front. The first one was slightly below my breast, the other one was on my stomach, and the third one was below my lower abdomen. The frill in the overcoat was similar to the Lehnga; no one could see my legs, as Queen Nandani said; it was terribly comfortable, light and soft.

But still wearing different things made me uncomfortable.

"Are you done?" she asked from the other side. I inhaled deeply before walking out, and her eyes widened with shock.

"Aww, you look so beautiful. He is going to get insane," she said, and I chuckled timidly.

"Well, while sleeping, you can take the overcoat off and if you are in the chamber at night and just with Abhinan, you can wear the overcoat," she said and I nodded.

"This is comfortable," I stated and she smiled.

"Alright, your dinner is outside and you should be at ease. I must go," she said and I nodded.

We both walked out of the dressing room and I found the attendees setting up the plates. Seeing them doing all these at midnight were making me uncomfortable.

"Umm, you can rest. I will do it myself," I could not stop myself from saying and they all left.

And, the moment they left I heard the door opened and my sight fell on him walking in, with his eyes down, fingers running in his hair.

"Brother," Queen Nandani said and he lifted his gaze.

"Oh, you are here," he said, looking at us but the moment he looked at me, his eyes just stopped moving and it made me feel nervous in a matter of few moments.

"Umm, I should leave you two alone and good night," Queen Nandani said and I immediately lowered my gaze, gulping nervously. He also looked away and then at her.

"Good night. I hope the monkey is jumping into your chamber tonight," he said and she glared at him and shook her head.

"No, he can walk through the doors," she said and I could sense the teasing between these two.

"I just hate him," he said and she slapped on his bicep.

"He is not your husband, so chill," she said and walked out the door. The soldiers standing outside closed the door and he looked up at me.

"So?" he asked.

Another Update!!!

Do not forget to vote, comment and share the book.

Love You All ❤️❤️❤️

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro