43 ~ Late Night

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

9K votes!!!

Trishalini POV

As I stepped closer to my old home with Yuvraj, marrying him seemed easier to me. I could feel every eye of our neighbourhood on me—not out of love and care but with judgement and shock. And I could not help but feel nervous as hell.

Still, amid all of this, there was this one eye that seemed protective and caring. And, it was his.

Whatever happened between us earlier made me think about him more. I realised that he might be younger than me in age and have many men around him, but he was definitely caring.

He stopped when I asked him to. I did not know why I asked him to stop, but at that moment, I felt something wrong would happen. Also, I did not want anyone to find us like that.

"Trisha," suddenly, Yuvraj's voice caught my attention, and I came out of my thoughts. Lifting my face, I looked at him with questions.

"Are you okay?" he asked in a slow and tense voice, and I could not help but shake my head. I was not okay. I did not know how to meet my father or how to look into his eyes.

"He hates me," I muttered, feeling him lift my hand to his mouth and peck a little.

"He hates me, too," he said, and I looked up at him with disbelief.

"There is a difference. I am his daughter," I said, and he lowered his gaze and nodded.

"Then, he will hate me even more," his words immediately made me chuckle. He would never understand my words.

"Let's go," he said, and we both walked ahead, and our sight fell on Agastya.

He was bringing a pot to the cottage.

"Agastya," Abhi called, and he immediately turned to look at us. The pot fell off his shoulder, and his lips widened with a smile.

"Abhinandan and Jiji," he screamed with happiness and walked towards us.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, and I could not believe I had to deal with two of the same kinds of people now.

"Came to meet Guruji," Abhinandan replied, and Agastya knit his brows.

"Ohh, the ritual, yes," he chuckled a little. "He is not here," he added, and my smile faded.

"Where is he?" I spontaneously asked.

"In the Ashram," he said, and I managed to inhale a deep breath of calm. I thought he went somewhere.

"Come," he said. We both walked inside, and Agastya put the cot for him, and I went inside straight.

It was dark here. So, the first thing I did was light a lamp. After that, I looked around and quickly broomed it.

"Agastya," I called him out once I was done.

"Ji," he replied from afar and quickly ran towards me.

"What's in the dinner?" I asked.

He looked at me for a few moments and shook his head. "Nothing, I was just going to cook some Khichdi for us," he said, and I smiled.

"Well, rest; I will make something for us," I said, and he nodded with a smile.

He went back, and I saw the two of them talking, something almost in their ears. What must they be talking about?

However, I ignored them and began to cook mixed vegetables and chapatis along with Khichdi.

After a while, I was done, and Pitaji came back from the Ashram. But as soon as his eyes found me, his face fell down.

Slight goosebumps appeared on my arms as I stood up and dared to step closer to him.

"Pranam, Pitaji," I wished him and bent down to touch his feet. But, as earlier, he did not bless me.

"How are you?" he asked, though, and a wide smile appeared on my face.

I nodded and tried to answer. "Good," I could not speak more.

"Pranam, Guruji," Yuvraj also wished him, stepping closer and bending down to touch his feet. He did not bless him either, but Yuvraj was Abhinandan. And no one could understand Abhinandan Mahabalesh. He stood up straight and wrapped his arms around him for a tight hug.

My eyes widened with shock.

"I missed you so much," he said, and my father inhaled a deep breath, trying to push him away.

"Yuvraj!" he exclaimed, and I could sense the skin-cutting words ahead.

"How are you, Pitaji?" he asked, pulling back, and my father looked at him in shock and disbelief.

"Good," he replied, and Yuvraj smiled.

"I missed you so much. Trisha could not stop talking about you," he said, and I immediately lowered my gaze.

How could he lie? We did not even discuss him for once.

"She could not stop crying. Maasa and Daadisa tried harder, but no one can replace you. She deserves a tight hug at least," he added, and I lifted my gaze as my father stared at me.

"She did," he muttered, and Yuvraj nodded with an emotional face and moved aside.

My cheeks warmed when I saw my father coming closer to me. My feet raced up quickly to hug him, and he hugged me back.

"I missed you, too," He said, and I burst into silent cries.

"Are you happy?" he asked, pulling back a little, and I nodded.

He smiled weakly and placed his hand on my head. "God bless you," he muttered.

Imagine having the whole world after you but not the one whom you have considered the entire world. You will not feel anything. The Kingdom, the jewellery, the new people, the love, and everything I was getting were nothing in front of those three words: 'God Bless You.'

The tears rolled down my cheek, and I nodded.

"Urghhh, I am hungry. It's making me emotional," suddenly, Agastya's voice caught my attention, and we all looked at him.

"Of course. You are either bored or hungry. I do not know the third thing," Pitaji taunted Agastya, and he chuckled.

"I have made the meal," I said, pulling back and looking at them.

"I shall serve," I said, and they nodded and took the seats on the cots.

I went inside and brought out the plates. I took the whole vessels to them and asked them to self-serve. I also brought them a jar of water.

But, from the corner of my eyes, I found Yuvraj looking at me with a confused face.

"Trisha, you would not eat?" he asked all of a sudden, and I immediately looked at my father and Agastya before shaking my head slowly.

"Later, Yuvraj," I managed to say, and he lowered his gaze with calculated silence.

"Umm, I should go inside," I said when they began to eat.

Stepping inside, I walked towards my trunk and took out my plain, simple, and old clothes. I was dying to sleep in comfort.

Walking behind the partition, I took off my jewellery with utmost care, leaving only two bangles and toe rings on. Afterwards, I changed into plain maroon attire.

I tied all the jewellery in a cotton cloth and kept it near my mattress.

After taking everything off, I felt at peace. It felt surreal. I had never been to someone else's home in my twenty-six years of life. And the first time I left my home was the last time I lived in my home.

These few days were struggling, tiring, and uncomfortable. I did not know how I would spend a year or two there.

Sighing deeply, I lay down for the moment. The old and washed-out smell of my clothes calmed me and put me at rest.

But, suddenly, Yuvraj's voice caught my attention. "Trisha,"

I sat up and asked. "ji,"

I heard his footsteps walking closer to this side, and my eyes widened with a slight shock. He could not come here. Not even my father had come here.

"Khana khalo,"

"Have dinner," he said, and I stared silently at him.

"Aapne kha liya?"

"You ate?" I asked, and he nodded a little.

"Why did you not eat with us?" he asked, putting the plate down, and I shook my head.

"Aap Pitaji se pehle nahi khate. Baad me kha lenge,"

"I do not eat before my father. I will eat later," I tried to say, noticing him lowering his face. He looked slightly tensed and tired.

"Par ab aap sirf unki beti to nahi hai. Patni hai aap hamari. Hume acha nahi laga. Aap bhi to safar se aayi hai fir khana banaya or sanko paros diya. Or khud yaha bethi hai,"

"But, you are not only his daughter now. You are my wife, too. I did not like it. You also travelled and then cooked and then served us. And, now, sitting here," he said, and I lowered my gaze for a moment.

Hearing him, I felt something in my heart. I did not know why I liked it.

"Aapne kha liye?"

"Have you done eating?" I asked again, and he nodded again, more confidently this time.

"And, Pitaji and Agastya?" I asked further, and he nodded slightly.

"They are still eating," he said, and I looked into his eyes.

"Why are you here then?" I asked, and he pushed the plate slowly towards me and said.

"I thought you would be hungry," he said, and I nodded a little before putting the plate aside.

"You excused yourself and brought this to me so I could eat?" I asked in a low voice, and he nodded calculatedly.

"Yes," he muttered slowly and looked away. "I should go. They must be waiting for me," he said further, and I nodded.

Was he melting me?

Of course, he was.

"Abhi," I called slowly before he tried to stand up again.

"Hn?" he hummed, and I shifted a little on my knees to reach his height. His gaze turned confused, and his cheek flushed a little when I placed my hand on it.

His eyes turned soft as I took my face closer and gently pecked his cheek. He closed his eyes and slowly pulled back.

"You did not want to," he said slowly, and I looked into his eyes. "Yo... you asked me to stop earlier," he said further in a low voice, and I could not say anything.

"I feel like I make you uncomfortable," he said, and I shook my head.

"I think you should go now," I managed to say. They must be waiting for him. He stared at me for a moment and then nodded.

"Of course," he said and walked away from there.

A slight and weak smile was there. No one had ever done it for me before. He was not that bad. He was good.

I licked my lip before turning my gaze to the plate. I ate in silence alone.

Once I was done, I went out and found them almost done, too.

"Thank you so much, Jiji," Agastya said, and I noticed Abhinandan washing his hands in the corner.

"I shall wash the utensils," I said and collected all the used ones.

"Um, I shall make the bed in the Ashram," Agastya said suddenly, and he called Abhi.

"Abhinandan, where will you sleep? In the cottage or with us?" he asked, and I lowered my gaze with timidity. Pitaji looked away, and I noticed Yuvraj turning to us and looking at me.

His sleeping with me in the cottage would get insanely embarrassing for us. But I kind of wanted to.

"With you," he answered and looked away from me. Did something happen between us?

"Um, Ashram would not have much space. Also, since Trisha will sleep in the cottage, someone must sleep with her. Yuvraj should sleep here," Pitaji interfered, and I lowered my gaze.

"Trisha, go to bed early, okay," he said, looking at me. "Do not keep yourself indulged in work," he added, and I nodded a little.

"Come, let's go, Agastya," He further said to Agastya, and I looked at Yuvraj, who was looking at me with a slightly timid face.

Once we were alone, I could not help but lower my gaze.

"I should clean them first," I managed to say and picked up the utensils.

"Do you want help?" he asked. I lifted my gaze to look at him.

"You will help me wash them?" I asked, and he cleared his throat as he walked towards me and nodded a little.

"Well, I do not know how to do this, but I can," he said, and I smiled before shaking my head.

"It does not suit a Prince to wash the utensils. You are made for bigger purposes," I reminded him, but he picked up the heavy metallic cauldron (Kadhai) and the other bigger ones.

"To the well?" he asked, and I nodded.

"Yes," I muttered and took a fire torch with me.

"See, how useful a well is," he said, walking with me and I chuckled.

"It is. I did not offend you by making the well. But you know anyone could guess why you did it," I said in a low voice, and he asked.

"What do you mean?" he asked, and I lowered my gaze.

"Um," I hummed. "You did it for me," I said, and he knit his brows. "Yes, I said that," he said, and I shook my head. He was not getting me.

"You did it for me, Abhi. Why?" I asked, and he looked away for a moment.

"You were my friend. And I could do it, so I did it," he said, and I smiled.

"But, everyone cannot understand it. So, many of them thought that you had feelings for me, that's why you did it. But you did not. So, it created confusion. Also, that's why my father decided to marry me off," I said, and he inhaled deeply before putting the utensils down and helping me handle the torch.

"Feelings like what?" he asked, and I smiled a little before sitting on a small cubic stone.

"Like a couple has. Love and likeliness," I managed to say, and he turned his gaze away to pull the water from the well.

"Like I love you?" he asked, and I nodded calculatedly.

"Kind of," I muttered, and I put the silver bucket in front of him so he could transfer the water into it.

"How do I know if I love you?" he asked, pulling another bucket and keeping it aside.

I shook my head. "I do not know. Only you can tell. But I know you do not have feelings for me. We married for the baby," I said, and he sighed deeply before sitting down across me over a spare stone and began passing me the utensils.

I added a little bit of water to the dried ash and damped the washing cloth.

"Well, I was angry. And, you know, I am not really comfortable doing whatever is required to have a baby. So, that was just an excuse, I guess," he said in a low voice while staring at my hand, and I inhaled deeply.

The silence was killing me. It was dark, and the only noise was me washing the utensils.

"Trisha, you did not say 'No' either when I asked you to marry me," he said, and I gulped silently.

"You want to know what I wanted?" I asked, and he nodded slowly.

"I would have said 'Yes' but not for anyone, for us. I would want you to at least tell me that you wanted to marry me because you wanted me to be your wife," I said in a low voice, and he kept his gaze low.

A few moments of silence followed as I noticed him washing the wet ash and lemon-covered utensils in the bucket.

"I never imagined you as my wife," he said suddenly. I just wanted to marry you so you would not marry anyone. I missed talking to you, working with you, and just being like this, nothing more and nothing less," he said, and I blinked silently.

"I felt that if you married someone else, you would make him your friend, and then he would talk to you, see you, and you would laugh with him. And I would be alone forever. And I am scared to be alone. I know people take me as an immature person. I might be. But, still, I do not like losing people," he said, and I nodded.

"So, you are mad about your sister's wedding to Rudra Bhaisa, not because he did what he did, but because you miss her?" I asked, and he immediately looked up at me and shook his head.

"That's different," he said, and I lowered my gaze. "She deserves what I am doing to her," he said.

"I... I think you should not," I managed to say, and he looked up at me.

Another Update!!!

Do not forget to vote, comment and share the book.

Love You All ❤️❤️❤️

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro