32. Killer Queen

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Having Elliot hold me whilst I sway my hips back and forth in time with his feels incredible. We dance for what feels like days and laugh our troubles away, elevating our mood by the second. He sings in my ear the entire time; marginally off key for most of it. Not that I mind. Thankfully, I'm not with him for his singing ability. If I were, our relationship would be short lived.

"So," he begins, still talking into my ear. "Are you my girlfriend?"

"I could be."

He angles his head and steals a quick kiss. "I'd like you to be."

"Even though I'm moving soon?"

He shrugs.

"Long distance relationships are hard," I sigh.

"But not impossible."

I think it through for a moment. "Will you visit?"

"As much as I can."

I secretly like the idea of him visiting me in Penn. "I'd like that."

"Me too," he insists, spinning me around.

Before we can seal the deal with a kiss, the sound of Kylie—our class president—interrupts us. "It's the moment we've all been waiting for. Let's crown our royalty!"

Surrounding students clap, riled up from the announcement.

"As you know, there can only be one king and one queen. But in my eyes, we're all royalty tonight!" she declares, gaining another round of applause.

Elliot simply rolls his eyes.

"Gentlemen first," she continues, revealing a gold envelope.

The cafeteria is silenced as we await the all important name; the moment prolonged to build tension. "Zack Middleton."

"Woohoo!"

Elliot and I respectfully clap, though in reality we'd rather get back to our previous conversation.

"Congratulations, Zack," says Kylie, grinning. "Now, let's find out who our queen is..."

My stomach churns. "I swear to God, If I win—"

"Helena Gallagher!"

Fucking hell.

Instead of thunderous applause, I'm left to accept my crown in silence. Ass awkward silence. Each step towards the stage is torturous, the click of my heels echoing throughout. Thankfully, Chloe and Jas start to cheer, which prompts others to make a noise and by the time I reach Kylie and Zach, enough people are clapping to not notice it. But I do. I see him straight away. At the back of the room. Tom Jackson. Pointing a gun at me.

"Well done, babe," expresses Kylie, completely oblivious as she places the crown on my head.

I remain rooted in place, silently pleading with Tom.

Don't do this!

Slowly, he lowers the weapon and exits. My breathing ceases to exist and my heart rate increases. Elliot—clocking onto my strange behaviour immediately—shifts his gaze towards where mine is settled, towards an empty space.

"Give it up for this year's prom king and queen!" yells Kylie, enthused.

I fake a smile and pose for a few pictures, desperate to get away. To stop Tom in whatever he's up to.

"I guess we both got what we wanted," smirks Zack, resting his hand on my hip. "I'm prom king and you're killer queen."

I'm about to reply when I'm handed a bouquet of roses.

"Bitch!" yells Freddie—co captain of the swim team.

I ignore the insult, though the same can not be said for Elliot.

"What did you just call her?"

"I said, she's a bitch. A murdering bitch," he snarls. "My girl actually wanted this. She wanted to be prom queen. Instead, this piece of scum gets it."

At this, Elliot swings for him cracking his nose. It all happens so quickly. One minute, Elliot is punching this guy in the face. The next, I'm in the middle of it all, breaking them up.

"Elliot, stop!" I beg, grabbing his arm.

I dispose of my roses and pull him aside, tending to his bloody cheek immediately.

"What the hell was that?" asks Shaun, rushing over with Jas and Chloe behind him.

He falters at the sight of Elliot's swollen face.

"Freddie called her scum. I'm not letting him get away with that."

"I appreciate the thought but we don't have time for this," I state. "Tom has a gun!"

"A what?"

"I saw him. He pointed it right at me, then left. We need to find him. Now!"

"Fucking hell," declares Shaun, pacing the length of the section we find ourselves in.

"We should call the cops," suggests Chloe

"No!" I declare. "No cops. We can handle this."

Jasmine interferes. "We stand a better chance of finding him if we split up."

She's right. As much as I despise the part in horror movies where the team pair off, it is within our best interests to do exactly that.

"Elliot and I will search the school. You three head to his house. See if he's gone home?"

They nod.

"And be careful."

"You too," replies Shaun, stern.

It's like music to my ears, hearing him say that. Hearing him express concern. He may not be speaking to me but he cares. He cares enough to help us track down Tom. And that's progress.

"Let's go," encourages Elliot. "Keep in touch by text."

With a brief nod, Elliot and I take off in the opposite direction to the others, in search of an armed senior who has a vendetta against me. I pray he hasn't fired it as we run down the corridor, checking each classroom.

"Not exactly how I envisioned prom night," teases Elliot, lightly nudging my shoulder.

I smirk. "How did you envision it?"

"Lots of dancing. Touching. Kissing."

"Kissing, huh?"

He tugs on my hand, serious face on. "All I ever wanna do is kiss you when you're around."

Wow.

"Tonight." He runs his gaze down my dress. My body. "You'e an absolute dream."

Double wow!

"Maybe all is not lost," I offer, pulling him into an empty classroom.

I carefully close the door and slowly turn, ignorantly putting thoughts of Tom to the back of my mind.

"Lena?"

"Kiss me," I demand, readying my lips."Properly this time. No holding back."

There's no denying his surprise but he hides it well, smirking at my request. Happy to oblige.

"Gladly," he whispers, wrapping one hand around my neck whist resting the other on my waist.

His lips smash into mine full force and within moments, I'm helpless. A slave to his technique. Sickly sweet, his taste is out of this world. A combination of mint and desperation, like he's been building up to this moment for a while. Perhaps years?

"Hmm."

I'm helped onto one of the tables, the slit of my dress opening as a result. His gaze immediately goes to my exposed leg and I swear I see the moment he loses his cool. His composure.

"Fuck!"

He's on me within seconds, incorporating tongue this time. Teeth too.

Holy shit!

I let slip a delightful moan, too intoxicated to do much else. To offer anything substantial. Kissing Elliot is incredible. Like nothing I've ever experienced. And I don't mean small, sweet kisses. I mean this. Primal need. Sensual.

Ping!

I pull away, breathless. "You've got to be kidding me!"

He laughs. "It's Jasmine."

I read from his screen.

Jasmine:
Found Tom.
The gun's a fake.
He brought it along to
scare Lena. Nothing more.

"That's fucked up," he accuses, resting his phone on the table between us.

I thoroughly agree.

"At least we can enjoy the rest of our night unburdened," I offer.

He smirks in response. "You're right. C'mer."

His mouth is on mine once again, playing havoc on my senses. I grab a fistful of his hair and tug, desperate to feel more of him. All of him.

Ping!

"For fuck's sake!" I grunt, resting my forehead to his.

He laughs at my flustered state and straight-up frustration.

"Tell them to leave us alone."

"You tell them," he replies, handing me his phone.

I happily take it, already knowing what to say. Only, it's not them. And had the sinking in my stomach not been enough to have me realising, the vibration of my own phone seconds later would be.

Unknown:
You love, you protect
Whatever it may take.
Will you pick truth?
The choice is yours to make.

I switch my gaze to his, gauging his reaction whilst trying to keep a lid on my own emotions. Nothing. He doesn't bat an eyelid. Doesn't share a gasp. In fact, he looks calm. Almost as if he's been expecting this. But that can't be. Surely not.

I return my attention to his phone, hoping for a change in words. For a way out of this nightmare.

Not happening.

Staring back at me are five words that will haunt me for the rest of my life. Five simple words.

Unknown:
Elliot Evans,
Truth or death?

I'mma be a real bitch and not update for a month now...

JOKESSSS!

Holyyyyyy shiiiiiiii—
;)

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro