16. Haldi

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

After their performance they were still drowned in each other's eyes, holding hands and feeling each other's warmth. They had some unknown emotions in their eyes, some that cannot be formed in words yet but then is words always needed? It is said na that one's eyes can speak more than one's mouth does! Same was the case here, they could read it in each others eyes. This was the beauty of their relationship, it was slow no doubt, but none was at hurry for they have their whole life with each other, to love each other and cherish each other.

Their trance broke with the sound of applause from their family. Everyone praised them to no extent for their mesmerising performance. With this their sangeet too ended. Everyone was busy chatting when Manik dragged Cabir in a corner.

C: Kya hai Manik? Mai Nandini nahi hu jo tu mujhe corner mai le aya!

M: *with extra sweetness* Cabu... mere bhai!

C: *straightening himself* Umm... Manik tune pi rakhi hai kya? Itna sweet kyu horaha hai?

M: *frowning* Tu mera bhai hai toh sweet nahi hosakta tere saath? Woh sab chod, I need your help. Mujhe Nandini se milna hai akele mai.

C: *smirking* Oh tabhi mai sochu iss sudden sweetness ka raaz but tell me one thing, abhi se akele akele, scene kya hai boss? Aur mai teri madad kyu karu?

M: *pouting sadly* Thik hai na mat kar madad, mujhe laga tu mera bhai hai toh you will help me, but I was wrong. Its ok!

C: Chal chal abb drama bandh kar, kuch karta hu.

With this he called Navya and asked her to bring Nandini where they were without anyone's notice. Manik grinned and muttered thank you hugging him. Soon Navya was scene dragging a confused Nandini with her.

N: Navu kya kar rahi hai? Yaha kyu lay....

She stopped seeing Manik and Cabir. Cabir then spoke making Nandini understand the situation a bit.

C: Chalo lovebirds, 5 minutes max you have!

Saying this he just stood there making Manik frown.

M: Abb ja bhi!

C: *innocently* What mai kaha jau?

M: Are yaar Cabir tang mat kar, mujhe usse private mai milna hai so tu ja please.

C: Thik hai jata hu, *singing* dost dost na raha, yaar yaar na raha! Chal madhubala!

As Cabir left, Manik was looking in his direction when Nandu spoke making him turn to her.

N: Kuch kehna tha?

M: *smiling* Do din baad yeh chupke chupke nahi milna padega! *she smiles and he hold her hands* Tume compliment karna tha!

N: *confused* Par apne already mehndi lagte waqt kar diya tha!

M: *teasing* Toh nahi karna chahiye tha?

N: *innocently* Maine aisa kab kaha? In fact, I love it when you....

She stopped in her tracks realising what she uttered. She bit her lips and looked down complaining to her Ayiappa.

N: *in mind* Ayyo Nandu, kuch bhi bol deti hai! Kuch toh soch kar bol and Ayiappa aap bhi bohot bure ho, mujhe rokte bhi nahi. Yeh kya soch rahe honge mere bare mai? Abb kya karu, this is so embarrassing.

Manik pulled her closer by her arms yet at a comfortable distance.

M: What did you say? You love it when I what?

N: *looking here and there* Wo...wo amma doondh rahi hogi mujhe.

M: *lovingly* Look at me shona!

She immediately looked at him hearing the word 'shona'. She was blushing at his loving gaze. He pulled her face closer and kissed her forehead and she in return closed her eyes.

M: *caressing her cheek* Open your eyes! *she nodded in a no* Pls shona!

And there, it worked again. She slowly opened her eyes, fluttering her eye lashes looking the cutest. He just wanted to gobble her up.

M: *cupping her face and looking in her eyes* You don't need to be embarrassed to express yourself in front of me, hmm? *she nodded smilingly* So what was I saying? Yaar tumne distract kar diya!

N: *making a haww face* Haww... liar maine kya kiya?

M: Are itna blush karogi toh banda kya karega? *she hit on his chest to which he laughed* Acha acha stop, I was saying that you sing beautiful shona! Tumari awaz mai ek sukoon hai, never stop singing ever!

N: *smilingly moved closer* Manik aap ainvayi meri tarif kar rahe hai! You sing more beautiful than me! I may not be your top fan, but I am a big fan of yours. You know it was my dream to hear you live and see it got fulfilled and what's more special about it is, you sang for me! Thank you so much!

Saying this she cupped his face and pulled it to her level. He was surprised as she never did anything like this, she was always the shy one. She brought her lips closer to his forehead and gave a sweet kiss on it. He closed his eyes feeling the touch of her lips on his forehead. The moment was short lived as Cavya entered clearing their throat and Nandini removed her hands from his cheeks, still standing in the same position.

Nav: Time up! Nandu thoda dur khadi hoja, hum dono bhi hai yaha!

They did not realise in their moment that how close they were standing. Nandini's front was almost touching Manik's. Both blushed and moved apart. Not wanting to bear their teasing, Manik held Nandini's hand and went to the area where others were and Cavya followed them laughing. They all bid byes only to meet next morning.

Next morning,
Murthy farmhouse,
Nandini woke up early, freshened up and was about to get ready when there was a knock on her door. She was still in her bathrobe, so she asked who it is and Ishita replied so she opened the door.

N: Amma aap itni subah subah?

I: *cupping her left cheek* Tu bhi toh itni jaldi uth gayi! Abb ye lo, yeh saree aaj puja hai usme pehna hai! I know tume saree pehni aati hai but if you need any help just call me ok kanna!

N: *smiling* Ji amma.

I: Aur haa aaj brahmins keh liye khana tujhe banana hai. Mai aur teri bua help kardenge ok.

She left saying this and Nandini went to get ready. So yes there was a small puja kept in the morning in which Manan were going to sit and then ten brahmins will be fed and will be gifted with a two piece south Indian garments. In return, they will bless the couple for a prosperous life ahead.

(Guys, I guess it's a Tamil ritual as I read it somewhere. If it is wrong, I do apologise! I myself am a Gujarati so I have no idea about it.)

Soon everyone, Murthys and Goenkas were present in the living room where puja will take place when Malhotras arrived. Manik was lost in Nandini as he saw her in saree for the first time. He immediately decided that its his favourite outfit on her. All ladies except Navya and Naira were in sarees whereas the other two were in anarkalis. All gents were in simple kurta pajama.

Nandini's attire (with same jewellery) 👇

Murthys welcomes Malhotras with tray full of favours like sweets, betel leaves, betel nuts and fruits. Manik is especially welcome with a shower of rose water. A garland is put around his neck and a spot of sandalwood and vermillion paste is applied on his forehead. Murthy family members are fed sweets prepared by the bride's mother that is Ishita. Then they were taken to mandir in the house where ten brahmins were invited over who take part in a ritual that offers appeasement to the families' departed ancestors. After the puja Nandini served the ten brahmins with vegetarian Tamil food. Brahmins blessed the couple and left. Everyone after that had their lunch and praised Nandini for it.

Evening,
Malhotra farmhouse,
It was haldi ceremony taking place in the evening. Both houses were decorated with yellow flowers as it will happen separately. Manik was ready in a simple kurta pajama looking dashing as always. He was made to be seated on a stool. Nyonika came forward and applied a little bit haldi on his face, arms and feet. She then kissed his forehead and moved away and Kiran and Akshara too did the same. Keerti came and rubbed some haldi on his cheeks and nose making him laugh. Now was the turn of Cabir, Naksh and Naira and how can they leave him alone. They came forward and literally dumped the whole bowl on his head and tore his kurta and applied on his chest too. He ran behind them shouting he won't leave them. All were laughing at this tom and jerry fight.

While running they didn't realise that they reached Murthy garden as it was attached with the Malhotra one. He bumped into someone over there who was about to fall but he held her hand. It was none other than his shona. Navya and Nandini were in garden after completing their video chat with Arneha when they saw them running so ended the call. All stopped seeing the scene. Manik helped her in standing and by mistake his hand rubbed on her arms making them yellow with haldi. Nandini and Navya burst into laughter looking at his condition and were joined by other three. Manik made a bad face stomping his foot.

N: *controlling her laughter* Yeh kya hua?

M: *bad face* In kamino ne kiya *pointing at Naksh, Naira and Cabir*.

Nav: *smirking* Waise jijaji kehte hai kai agar dulhan ko uska dulha sabse pehle haldi lagaye toh acha shagun mana jata hai.

Everyone was confused on what she said when she pointed at Nandini's right arm. All laughed at this whereas Nandini glared at Navya and Manik smiled.

C: *putting his hand around Manik's shoulder* Bhai agar aapko bhabhi ko haldi hi lagani thi toh bata dete, itna bhagaya kyu? *and he again ran away*

M: *running behind him* Saale, tujhe aaj mai chodunga nahi.

With this they reached back inside, and the elders stopped their bickering.

Ak: Manik aab thodi si haldi apne face se nikalke iss haldi mai daldo.

M: *confused* Kyu chachi?

Ny: Are kyunki ye haldi Nandu kai liye jayegi aur dulhan ko dulhe ki utari hui haldi lagate hai.

All made an ohh face when Cabir accidently spoke making Manik glare at him and Naksh and Naira giggle.

C: Wo toh already lag gayi mom.

Ny: *frowning* Matlab?

M: *looking here and there* Kuch nahi mom, yeh toh aise hi bakwas karta rehta hai! Aap woh chodo, maine isme haldi daldi abb can I shower? I don't like this smell.

Ki: Manu tu iss pani se nahayega. Yeh pavitra jal hai.

He nodded and went for shower whereas Keerti took Nandini's haldi to Murthy farmhouse with Naira. They entered to see all waiting for them. Nandini was ready in yellow lengha looking stunning with flower jewellery.

Nandini 👇

Manik 👇

Naira, Navya and Keerti 👇

They performed all the rituals same as Manik's but hers was a decent one. First Ishita applied followed by Amms, Swarna, Suhasini, Keerti, Navya and Naira. Then she was asked to take bath with holy water too. With this both Manan's haldi was over.

Later that night, Manik, Cabir and Naksh were sitting on the terrace sipping beer as Cabir knew his brother needed it. Manik was exceptionally quiet, Naksh and Cabir shared a look and Cabir blinked. He put his hand on Manik's shoulder making him come out of his thoughts.

C: Kya hua bhai? Are you ok?

Nak: Cabir aisa hota hai! Kal uski shadi hai, and iss time pai a lot of emotions will be running in his mind, I have felt them too but Manik share it, share it bro you will feel better.

M: *sighing* I don't know how I am feeling right now because there are a lot of feelings going on in me. I am happy, nervous, excited, scared and much more. Kal se I won't be alone; I will have someone's responsibility on me but at the same time I will have someone to support me all the time. Kal se I can't be the same carefree Manik who used to come at 1am in night, either from party or office. I know it's going to be a long-distance relationship, but I will still need to give my time to her as she will do the same. It will be even more difficult as hume baat bhi karni ho toh chupte chupate karni hogi taki kisi ko pata na chale. With Fab3 around I will have to be so careful as many a times they stay with us only. *forming a smile on his lips* Kal se I will be her husband she will be wife; I will be reserved for her and she will be reserved for me. It's such a special feeling, I can't even explain! Itne sare feelings mai one thing that is keeping me sane is her. Uske bare mai sochte hi I feel content and happy! I feel lucky to have her as my life partner.

As he finished saying Cabir hugged him tight. He too was very happy for his brother. Manik knew this and he too hugged him back tight. Naksh jumped in and joined the hug making them chuckle. They broke the hug when they heard a sleepy voice from behind.

Nai: *cutely rubbing her eyes* Mere bina aap sab huggy kar rahe hai, not fair bhais!

They laughed and pulled her in the hug.

Author's note: Hey guys, how is the update? Like it? What part did you like the most?
A long update! 2300+ words! So, I expect lots of comments!
Next update is Marriage! Yayyyy, I am so excited, are you?

Pls vote if you liked it, drop long inline comments and follow me!
Silent readers, it won't take long to press that star button so pls do!
Target :- 160+ votes on this part for next update!
Lots of love from Vaish

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro