70. Sneaking Around

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Infinity Industries,
Manik's POV,
Life has been so happening lately but with Nandini, everything seems easy. I couldn't have asked for a better person than her from Krishnaji. I dont know how she does it but her presence near me is peaceful. She is such a blessing! But seriously I have never done much for her ever and I know she doesn't say anything but she too is a girl who loves pampering and so I am planning a date for her but everything in office and at home is gonna be hectic in next few days so it will be a struggle to squeeze some time for us. Pehle se hi hidden marriage ke wajah se sab kuch difficult hai upar se festive season then weddings, damn! Like today also after her scolding session, well sweet scolding session about my lunch, she called me in an hour again to tell me that she will have to go to Murthy Villa since Mukti is going with them. What the hell yaar! Mere hi friends mere dushman bane bethe hai, auro ki zarurat hi nahi..

I was in my thoughts when a knock on the door pulled me out. Khushi came in to tell me some people are waiting outside for interview dor the post of receptionist, well I don't usually take them but manager is off and no one else is trained to take interviews so it has to be done by me. Honestly this is so boring, I would rather get my other work done and go home! I laughed at my own thoughts, ek time tha when I didn't mind working until late night and now I want to see her, I want to be home early for love. Shona you are my addiction, can't live without hearing your sweet voice and looking at your angelic smile. No Manik, come on man buck up, they is no time to lazy around.

Then I started taking interviews. I took multiple interviews but none impressed me enough. Why cant people be prepared and come with confidence? I mean being a receptionist communication and confidence is a must. Anyways, last one left!

Girl: Good evening sir!

As soon as she entered, I was surprised to see her. She passed me a flirty smile.. ughh moron!

Me: *Surprised* You?

Girl: Aww Manik, I didn't know you will be so happy to see me! How are you sweetheart? *pacing towards me* Seems like you missed me!

I cursed under my breath.. missed you? Not even in a million years! If not for her parents being my parents's close friends, I wouldn't even bare her for a second. I was thinking this when I felt weight on my lap and saw her sitting on it which made me hell angry. Without a second thought, I pushed her off my lap and baam she fell on the floor... poor thing but this is my shona's right and no one else.

Me: *sternly* Behave yourself Ms Soha Khurana. Just because of Ashish uncle and Smita aunty I am tolerating you that does not mean you will enter my personal space or even touch me.

I could see anger rising in her for my previous act of pushing her off but she masked it and put up a fake smile.

Soha: I am so sorry Manik! I couldnt control my excitement seeing you after so long but I guess its too early in our relationship for all this but you also need to loosen up boy.. you dont need to be so shy and conserved right?

She again passed a flirty look! What relationship is she even talking about? We are not even friends! And shy and conserved? Me? I would have laughed if I wasnt so pissed off right now.

Me: What are you doing here Ms Khurana?

Soha: Oh come on Mani...

Me: *cutting her words* Its Mr Malhotra in my office or sir!

She smile.. ofcourse fake fake fake.. like her face hidden under ton of fakeness.

Soha: So Mr Malhotra, I am here for job interview. Here is my CV and Certificates.

I was shocked again and looked at her documents.. is she really that clever? I mean shakal se toh dumbo dikhti hai.. uhh dont blame me but itni beizzati ke baad bhi yaha khadi hai so anyone would think that. I asked her questions and she answered perfectly with confidence, she does have knowledge and experience but now I am in a dilemma to appoint her or not? If I think from Company's benefit side, it would be most rational decision to take her so I told her she is appointed and in excitement she hugged me.. eww now I need a shower. Ok overexageration but anyways..

Me: If you are working in my company Ms Khurana then maintain your dignity. I treat all my employees as equal be it family or family friends so you will call me sir and maintain some distance from me unless you want to be fired. Am I clear?

She nodded and I called Khushi and asked her to complete all the formalities. Finally she left the cabin.. such a headache!
Manik's POV end.

Night 8pm,
Murthy Villa,
Manik entered Murthy Villa praying that Mukti would have left but even god loves teasing our Manan. First person he came across was Mukti!

Mukti: Manik tu? Yaha kya kar raha hai iss waqt?

Hearing Mukti's voice, Ishita and Nandini too came out from kitchen. Manik saw them and passed a smile. He looked at Nandini and she too looked at him. He was complaining through his eyes about Mukti and she was finding him so cute.

Mukti: Kya ye faces kyu bana raha hai?

Manik: Are lady bheem, mujhpe kyu chilla rahi hai.. aankhe kholke dekh mai Abhi nahi Manik hu Manik!

As soon as he said this, he received a tapli on his head from behind.. It was Abhi ofcourse.

Manik: What the fu..

He stopped as he knew Nandini hates that word. He saw her glaring at him and gave a nervous smile.

Mukti: *folding her hand across her chest* You didnt answer me?

Manik: Yaar kyu mere piche padi hai.. tere sasural hai toh mera bhi.. I.. I mean mera bhi ghar hai yeah and mai apni sweetheart ke haath ka khana khane aya hu.. do you have any problem?

He went and side hugged Ishita while Mukti rolled her eyes at his drama.

Mukti: *with a toothy smile* But aaj khana Amma ne nahi choti ne banaya hai.. I am so excited to taste!

Manik:*happily* Really?

Ishita nodded whereas he sobered his tone because Nandini eyed him to look at Mukti who was looking at him suspiciously. He was excited because its been 6 months he had her handmade food.

Manik: Yaar Ishimaa I wanted to eat your handmade food na.. Nandu pata nahi kaisa banati hogi..

Nandini: Haww.. Mr Malhotra for your info I make delicious food.. if you dont want to eat it then order something from outside only.

Manik: Tum ghar aye insaan ko bahar ka khilaogi?

Nandini: Toh aap konsa mehmaan hai.. apna ghar hai na so order karlo nahi milega mera banaya hua khana!

Mukti: Guys guys kya kar rahe ho? Bilkul pati patni ki tarah lad rahe ho..

Both looked at Mukti shocked whereas Ishita and Abhi too widened their eyes. Manan realised she just said it in heat of the moment and looking at each other conveyed something through eyes.

Manik: Meri Patni woh bhi Nandini? Mukti have you seen how short she is?

Nandini: Aap ki problem kya hai? Khud khambe jaise ho matlab sabko hona zaruri hai kya? I am cute!

Manik: Ha sirf cute! Chubby and Short!

Manik ran as he knew jootha hi sahi he has pissed Nandini off and Nandini after digesting what he said ran behind him shouting while others preffered to laugh. Mukti was about to go behind them and stop them when Ishita stopped her.

Ishita: Muku let them be... come help me in kitchen kanna.. in dono ka chalta rehta hai.. Abhi hai na, he will see them.

Mukti nodded and both left to the kitchen. Here Manan reached to the side garden and Manik stopped panting and so did Nandini.... Both looked at each other and burst out into laughter still panting.

Manik: Come here!

He pulled her into a hug and she too hugged him back tight to control her breathing.

Manik: Bacha..

Nandini: Hmm..

Manik: I am sorry!

Nandini: *moving away with a frown* Kyu?

Manik: *pouting* Are that I called you chubby and short in front of all na.. akele mai toh u dont care but sab the yaha and I...

Nandini: *keeping her hand on her heart* Hayyeeee.. *pulling his cheeks* you are so cute baby! I love you!

Manik grinned as now he was used to her calling him cute. He bend down and smacked a kiss on her cheek making a pop sound while she giggled. She immediately pulled him behind a tree with him against the bark and she was leaning on his chest. He grasped her waist and looked at her mischievously.

Manik: *smirking* Bold move wifey! I didnt know you were so desperate... haan?

Nandini: *encircling her hands around his neck* What if I say yes?

Manik: Then I would do this..

And without saying anything further he smacked his lips on hers and pulled her closer. She immediately moved her fingers in his hair and closed her eyes expecting this move of her husband. Both sucked onto each other's lips until oxygen became a necessity and both unwillingly broke the kiss. He looked at her swollen lips and licked them making her close her eyes and moan his name.

Manik: *smirking* Hmm Raspberry flavour.. not bad!

She hit his chest blushing slightly.

Nandini: Waise you dont need to apologise.. I knew you were said that so that we could come away..

Manik: I know my bacha is the best when it comes to understanding me but still I felt bad saying that.. Acha chodo waise this is perks of being in hidden marriage huh? My wife pulling me behind the tree in desperation? I am loving this!

Nandini rested her head on his chest and playing with his button hmmed. He could see something off in her and he caressed her hair slowly.

Manik: What happened jaana?

Nandini: I am not liking this hiding thing! I am feeling horrible right now..

Manik felt wetness on his shirt and realised she is crying. He immediately broke the hug forcefully as she was not ready to leave him. Manik cupped her face and wiped her slight tears with his thumb pad.

Manik: *worried* Hey kya hua mere bache ko? Kisi ne kuch kaha? Did anything happen? Did I do something?

Nandini: Woh woh...

Flashback
Nandini and Neha went to washroom after eating in the food court.

Neha: Acha Nandu listen..

Nandini: Kya hua Nehu?

Neha: Woh kal meri and Arya ki anniversary hai.. not wedding lekin when we confessed love and officially came in relationship.

Nandini: Nehu I remember aage bol..

Neha: *blushing a bit* So I was planning a romantic surprise tonight for him.

Nandini looked at her teasingly.

Neha: Before you start teasing me, listen! Woh I was gonna buy a lingerie but I didnt get a chance and ab sabke saamne bahana banake jane mai mujhe sharam aa rahi hai..

Nandini: Nehu tu kabse itni shy hogayi yaar?

Neha: Are elders...

Nandini: Oh ye baat hai.. wait let me think.. umm.. haa mere paas hai ek spare one, I will give you that?

Neha: *frowning* How do you have one?

Nandini: *in mind* Shit phas gayi! *to Neha* Woh woh in London na..umm ha I went to shopping randomly then... then yes I loved it so I thought I will buy it and gift it to someone.

Neha: Gift lingerie?

Nandini: Are woh..woh Mukti bhabhi.. ha Mukti bhabhi ki shadi hone wali hai na tab so I thought I will give it to her but you take it for now unke liye mai aur buy karlungi.. *adding teasingly* you know just like tere honeymoon pe maine and Navya ne rakhi thi..

Neha: *blushing* Shut up!Waise paka yahi reason hai na..

Nandini: *stammering* Haa.. Hana yahi reason hai aur..aur kya hoga!

Neha: Nahi I mean you are pretty close with Manik.. Whats going on between you and Manik?

Nandini: *Wide eyes* Wh..where did he co...come from he..here? What do y..you me...mean Neha?

Neha: He seems to be in your life already. And I mean exactly what you think I mean! You both look pretty close to me.. ab ye mat kehna ki he is like your bhai..

Nandini: WHAT? NO!

Neha: Chilla kyu rahi hai.. ab toh paka kuch chal raha hai...

Nandini: *trying to maintain a strict voice* Neha nothing can be in between me and him.. he is my friend and a very close friend thats it!

Neha: Har kahani ki shuruat dosti se hi hoti hai.. Remember Pyaar dosti hai..

Nandini: Gawd Neha tu kabse Navya ke jaise filmy ban gayi..

Neha: *singing the line* You are changing the topic!

Nandini: Nope there is nothing like that.. agar kuch hua hamare beech toh I will tell you ok?

Neha: Nandini promise?

Nandini was now in a fix.. how can she promise this but before she could speak Neha's phone rang.. It was Ishita asking where they are and they both left from there.
Flashback end.

Manik: *frowning* What the hell Bhai?

Nandini: *sniffing* Why are you so shocked? I toh already called you bhaiya on our first date remember?

Manik: *with a bad face* How can I forget that? That was horrible.. what kind of woman says that to her husband on their very first date?

Nandini: *giggling and raising hand* Me!!

Manik smiled hearing her giggles.

Manik: *frowning* But why were you crying for this matter?

Nandini: Hawww..hato aap so insensitive! Pata hai my guilt of lying to my best friend is killing me and here you are asking why was I crying.

Manik: Acha baba relax.. shh dont start crying again now.. I know how this feels.. but dekhna tum bohot hi jald this will be over.. its Alya's 6th month going on so just 3 more months! Bacha please dont cry, I cant see you in tears.. it hurts!

Nandini: *sniffing and wiping her tears* I am sorry!

Manik: Jaan... Is your date near?

Nandini: Haa woh in a week..

Manik: *muttering* Expected!

Nandini: Huh khuch kaha aapne?

Manik: No Shona acha see kya kardiya meri shona ka haal.. see ur eyes and nose are red.. my rasgulli!

He pecked her nose and she giggled at that nickname!

Nandini: Who calls their wife Rasgulli? Such a unique nickname!

Manik: *grinning* I do!

He bend down and was about to kiss her when his phone rang.. he groaned while she giggled making him glare at her. He took out the phone and picked up without looking at caller ID.

Manik: *frustrated* Bol be sale?

Nandini: *whispering* Dekh toh lijiye kon hai..

Manik: Kon hoga.. tera one and only kabab mai haddi bhai.. Abhimanyu Murthy!

Abhi: *laughing* Oops wrong timing, I guess!

Manik: As always! Ek baat bata do you have any problem if I make out with my wife? Har baar tapak padta hai...

Nandini looked at him wide eyes and pinched his arm.

Manik: Ouch jaan!

Abhi: Sahi kiya jo bhi kiya meri behen ne.. sharam kar sale meri behen ke bare mai bol raha hai mere samne.. I will have nightmares!

Manik: Shut up! Call kyu kiya?

Abhi: Janab aapka romance hogaya ho toh andar aa jayiye.. yaha meri wali ko rokna bohot hard hai.. detective hai ek number ki! Waise bhi kuch energy raat ke liye bhi bacha ke rakho yaar!

Manik: *smirking at Nandini* Uski fikar tu mat kar.. I have my energy drink with me always.

Saying this he cut the call whereas she blushed understanding his meaning. He smiled and moved closer to kiss her when she kept her palm in between their lips.

Manik: *smirking* I still dont mind this.

He kissed her palms which were on her lips and she moved her hand giving him the oppurtunity to give a peck on her lips.

Manik: You go in first I will come after few mins.

She nodded and left after straightening her clothes. Soon Manik too joined in, met Raman and all sat at the dining table.

Mukti: *smirking* So choti, Manik ne toh khana order kar liya na?

Manik pouted at Nandini slightly making her press her lips together to stop giggling.

Nandini: Haha bhabhi I made him apologise to me!

Mukti: *wide eyes* Manik and apologise?

Manik: Mukti yaar khane ke liye kya kya karna ladta hai and tu kyu mere khane ko nazar laga rahi hai.. tu apna kar!

He picked up a bowl but Nandini stopped him.

Nandini: Manik... black pepper hai!*forwarding other dish* Have this! If you would have said ki you were coming toh woh wali dish bhi mai bina black pepper ke bana deti!

Mukti: Ye hamesha bhul jata hai puchna! Pata hai choti what happened once.. we went for concert in LA and he didnt realise that the food had black pepper and ate it. He had so much fever but janab being ever so careless didnt tell anyone because we had a concert that night. You know what at the end of the concert he literally fainted near stage thankfully it was curtained so no crowd saw it and then we had to rush him to hospital because his temperature was so high. Doctor said that agar kuch ghante aur der ho jati toh his life would have been in danger. That was my most horrible concert memory ever.. jaan nikal gayi thi hum sabki and sabse zyada Cabir ki because jitna bhi cool dude banle woh.. Manik is his strength and weakness and vice versa.. ye dono itna ladte hai ki someone would think ki inki banti nahi hogi lekin jaan basti hai in dono ki ek dusre mai!

Nandini looked at him with teary eyes as slightest of his pain made her heart pain and she was already emotional few minutes back and this made her more emotional.. she glared at him. Even Ishita was glaring at Manik throughtout but smiled at the last sentence of Mukti.

Ishita: Sach kaha Mukti.. Bachpan se ye dono aise hai.. shararat Cabir karta tha and accept Manik karta tha taki Cabir bach jaye and kabhi koi bhi bacha Manik ke bare mai bura bole toh Cabir usse pit kar aata tha..

This made the environment lively as all chuckled at her statement. Rest of the dinner was fun filled for Mukti and Murthys whereas Nandini was avoiding Manik and Manik was trying to gain her attendance. After dinner, all talked and then Mukti was going to leave.

Abhi: Come I will drop you!

Nandini: Bhai aapko kal early morning meeting hai na... aap rehne dijiye, Manik is going to Malhotra mansion so he will drop her home on the way! Haina Manik?

She spoke ever so sweetly whereas Manik was shocked. He now knew that mamla garam hai boss.

Abhi: Are but..

Mukti: Ya Abhi choti is right! Chal Manik!

Manik nodded sadly and stood up, they greeted everyone good night and Manik looked at Nandu with a puppy face whereas she turned her face. Soon they left and Murthys looked at Nandini weirdly but she without looking at anyone went to her room making all sigh. They too dispersed.

Nandini entered her room, she was hell angry at him. She went to the bathroom, took a speedy shower, changed into her PJ and completing her night time routine she slipped into her duvet. She kept flipping but sleep was far away as she was missing him now but she was still angry. Her emotions were all messed up. Soon she felt her bed dip and a warm pair of hands engulfed her waist. She knew it was him and jerked his hand away. He kept it again and she jerked it again. Next he completely caged her beneath him hovering above her. She wasnt looking at him so he held her chin and made her face him.

Manik: Itna sara gussa?

She started hitting his chest with both her wrist and her eyes started to spill. He let her take it all out. After pouring all her anger she hugged him cryingly.

Nandini: Agar aapko kuch hojata toh?

Manik: *sighing* Bacha ye 2 saal purani baat hai.. kyu ro rahe ho aap?

Nandini: 2 saal purani ho ya 2 din purani, you are so careless.. do you think concert is worth more than your life.. do you have any idea how important you are to so many people?

Manik: Jaan I have realised what I did was wrong and ab aage se aisa kabhi nahi karunga paka!

Nandini: *sniffing* Nandini promise?

Manik: *pecking her temple* Nandini promise! Kitna roye aaj aap bacha? Aise toh aap bimar ho jaoge..

Nandini: Aapki wajah se... you are so bad!

Manik: Oh acha toh fir toh I should make it up to you haina... so what does my bacha want?

Nandini: Ummm.. 10 kisses will do!

Manik: *hovering her again* Are 10 kya 100 bhi dene ko taiyar hu..

She giggled and what followed was a night of love!

Author's note: Hey guys! How's the update? Liked it? What part do you like or dislike?

Another big part! 3600+ words! *sighs* Though not much happened!

I am back again with a cute sa update. So I want some honest opinion.. do you think I am going too slow.. no not with updating schedule.. I mean the storyline! Let me know!

Baki toh you all know the drill! Leave some long or inline comments as I love reading them and replying! If I miss anyone in replying please know its not intentional!

Vote if you liked it and if you do not follow me then do so because if I make an announcement then you would be notified.

Silent readers, remain silent! Cant do much about you!

Lots of love,
Vaish! ❤

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro