2. Thank you, Mr. Criminal

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Nice to meet you. I'm Luna."

-Luna Simatupang

----------------------------------------------

It's now 06:20 PM, and Kyle has decided his decision to got to the party, hoping the new girl would show up. He standing in front of the mirror in his room, examinate his figure while he sees himself in a black shirt and black skinny jean. He wears a chain necklace that dangling down from his sturdy neck. Black Doc Martens boots were tied tightly around his feet. He applied his black eyeliner earlier, and now he's ready. At least that's what he thinks.

Kyle always felt insecure about his body, though anyone can see he's good-looking. He's six feet two, tall enough for a seventeen years old boy. He has lean muscular body. For his face, he has strong structure, with a sharp jawline. His hair was brown and a little curly. If it weren't for his intimidating personality and appearance, he'll be one of the most popular boys who got girls on their knees.

He grabbed a blue jean jacket and his car key, then go downstairs. There, she saw his brother, Jack who seating on the couch and watching TV. Jack looks up to Kyle and they both smiled.

"Hey," Kyle walking towards him, "what are you watching?"

Jack shrugged, "Just some show, I don't even know what it's about." Then he laughed.

Kyle looked around the room. "Where's mom and dad?"

"They went to eat out with some friends. They'll be back in three hours. I'll tell them you went out." Hearing that, Kyle nodded his head. He observed the look on his fourteen years old brother, and he can see the sad frown on it, even though it's very subtle. At that very moment, Kyle knew, that it has something to do with this morning argument with their parents.

"What happened?" he asked, and sits down next to Jack. Jack gives him a confused look.

"What? What do you mean what happened?" he let out a fake chuckled which got noticed easily by Kyle.

"Is it something with the boarding school?" Kyle knew that his father always wanted one of his sons to go to a boarding school. He planned to put Kyle in few years ago, but seeing how much trouble he can get, and make their family's name bad to other relatives and acquaintance. So instead, they made his brother do the job.

Jack sighed, knowing that he can hide it from his brother no more, "It's just, uh, I tried to talk to Dad that I want to go to a fashion design school. Obviously, he got furious and called me names and that I should go to school where I'll walk out as a man. He even said that he will put me on a military school if I disobeyed his will."

Kyle gasps lightly, he can't believe that his father would go that far. He knew his father, and this sounds like something that he would do. But, military school? That kind of shocked him. That's such of cross the line of him. And to make things worse, their mother didn't try to stop him. Their mother is the type of woman who believe that they should obeying their husband. No matter if what they did or didn't was wrong. "He did?"

Jack nodded his head, "I don't how to negotiate this matter with him anymore. They said it was for my best. But they forgot that this is going to be my future. Mine, not them."

All of this break Kyle's heart, wishing he could switch places with his brother. Jack don't deserve this. He had plans and goals, unlike him. But it was too late to switch places. Kyle opened his mouth, trying to say something that could make Jack feel better, "Do you hungry?"

Jack looked at him confused, but quickly nodded.

"Great, I will check the fridge, to see if I can make you a dinner with it. How was that sound?"

"Sounds amazing!" He smiled.

Kyle chuckling, and rubbing his hand onto Jack's light brown. Jack looked annoyed, but he can't help himself not to laugh. Kyle took his phone out his pocket, and texted Elijah that he's going to be about 10 minutes late from the agreement to take him. And that he can go to the party first without him and find another ride, if he wants.

They ended up eating instant noodles and watching TV together.

It's 7:10 PM when they're done, and Kyle say goodbye to Jack. He drives his car to Elijah's house to pick him up. When Elijah was sitting in the passenger seat of his car, he notices something. He sniffs the air in the car.

"Did you wear a cologne?" He asked curiously.

Kyle looked at him and back to the road with a blank face, "Yeah."

"That's odd," Elijah looked at Kyle up and down suspiciously. He looked at the road for a moment before he widening his eyes and mouth with a shocked face, "Are you going to see someone tonight?"

The boy he talking with was stiffed. He got caught in the act for crushing on someone like a third grader. He doesn't want to tell Elijah. Not yet. Since he, too, was still unsure about his feeling. And so, he replied, "No."

Elijah laughed, "Don't you lie to me, Kyle Jaxon Anderson!"

The owner of the name just rolled his eyes. He hates when someone call his full name, "Don't call me that."

"No. Not until you tell me the truth, Jaxon."

What's the worse of being called by your name? Being called by your middle name only. Kyle don't want Elijah to keep calling him that, but he can't tell him he has a possibly crush on a new girl in his class. He got a whole big pride on him.

"Nope. No one. I'm not planning to see anyone tonight." He shrugged it off, confidently it will make Elijah shut up.

"Then why are you wearing a cologne? You. Never. Wear. A. Cologne!"

Kyle sighed heavily, "It's because I found it under my bed, okay? It's just half empty and I thought I could wear it before it expired," He explained, which is not entirely true. He looked for it. And found it half empty with 2 months spare of expired under his bed, "Although, I don't know if the cologne supposed to smell like this or the pre-expired gems adding some smell to it."

There's a silence for a few seconds before both of them burst out laughing.

"What the fuck is 'pre-expired gems'?"

"I don't fucking know."

About 17 minutes later, they arrived at Evan's house. It was a big house, almost like a mansion. No wonder because Evan was known as the richest kid in school. Once he parked the car and stepped out the car, the music was blasting and Kyle swear he can feel his ears were being ripped off. He looked around the house. He can see that the house was already crowded. Too crowded to Kyle's liking, but he promised himself to have fun tonight since he barely went to parties.

Elijah turned around and look at him with a huge grin. Kyle shrugged his shoulders and Elijah sprinted into the house immediately. Kyle followed his steps behind him. Once he got in, he can see everyone was drinking or holding a solo cup without actually drinking it. There are some people gathering around the play of beer pong on the main room. And there are also many people at the pool, gathering around some boy Kyle forgot his name who was chugging a beer out of its tap outside down. He was held by few other boys. When he was done, they put him down and they all start cheering.

Elijah, who stands next to him looked around the house and shaking his head into the beat of the music. "Hey, let's grab some drink and then play a beer pong." Elijah said. And without waiting for Kyle's respond, he pulled him by his shoulders to the food and drink's table.

On that table, there was few piles of snacks on bowls, a row of soda cans, and a big bowl of punch drink. Elijah, without hesitate, grab a solo cup and filling it up with punch drink. Kyle, being a responsible driver for both him and Elijah, take a soda can instead. When he opening the soda can, he saw Elijah drinking all the punch out of his cup. Then he burped and laughing. Kyle just shakes his head.

"Kyle! My man!! You are absolutely going to get wasted tonight," Elijah yelled and pulled Kyle's shirt rapidly and shaking his body. He then looked at the soda can on Kyle's grip, "What is this? No, you should try out some punch, okay? Or, or beer? Your favourite? Yeah, I can get you some."

When Elijah about to go to the beer keg, Kyle stopped him, "No, don't be silly, I'm driving us."

Elijah groaned in annoyance, "Fine." He then walked to the beer pong game. When Kyle about to followed him, he noticed a certain someone was in there.

It was Luna. He played the beer pong with Evan besides her, Bernadette and other guy on the other side of the table. Kyle knew at that very moment that she already had few drinks because she looks so drunk. And there's no way in hell he's going to go there, especially not after he saw how close Luna was with Evan. And by mean close was hugging. They're hugging and laughing after their team win the game.

Kyle quickly turned around before Elijah noticed. He went upstairs with so much effort by slip through the crowd. He tried to open any room but all of them are mostly locked or filled with make out couple. He opened a glass door to a balcony. He thanked the lord that he finally had some time alone. After all, he needs some time to recharging himself.

He took out his cigarette and lighter, and smoke it out. He was there for quite some time. He must admit, the view from the balcony was really refreshing. The lights from the buildings of the city and the dark out of the sky was a perfect balance. And the moon who were peeking from the clouds, giving down a soft dimming light with some stars around it. He remembers a quote he found not so long ago. It was something with moon and freedom and happiness from some wild desert name dude. He doesn't remember exactly but that's what he's feeling right now. Free, and slightly happy, with the company of the moon.

But that doesn't last long since he heard a loud thud and the sound of the door opened. He was about to curse out whoever the person trying to ruin his peace until he saw who it actually is.

It was her. Luna.

"Birdy?" she asked, tilting her head. Damn, she drunk as hell.

Kyle turned his head around away from her and he can feel the hot feeling rushing through his cheeks, "She's not here."

She gasps, "She's not?"

He shook his head no. And then, unexpectedly, he heard footsteps coming towards him. He turned around to make sure, and it really is her who coming towards him, tipsy.

"I've been looking for her. I think she's mad at me because I beat her in the pong game. I want to apologize," she said and Kyle can see that she struggling to stand in her heels, "Fuck, these shoes are murdering my feet!" she cursed out.

Kyle lightly chuckled, not sure if it was the fact that she was cursing, or the way she said "murdering my feet". Either way, he found that was really adorable. And he hated to admit it but she looks so attractive right now. She was wearing a two-piece black outfit that consist a black sleeveless top who revealing her belly button and a black skirt up to mid-thigh. She did her straight hair wavy and pulled it into a high ponytail, only this time, it loosing up from her hair. Her body, after all, was not skinny like most of girls in school, but not necessarily over-weight either. Kyle must say, it's a perfect size.

Luna looked up and look directly into his eyes. He can see the beautiful dark brown eyes of her under the moonlight. He observed the structure of her face. The red lipstick on her lips. The red outline was nicely done curving her cupid's bow. The mascara who gave strong impression to her thick eyelashes. The light concealer who barely covered her exotic dark eye. Everything about her is perfect. Their eyes looked at each other for some time that it scared him that she will see how red his face was.

"Wait," she squinted her eyes realizing something, "You're the dark criminal guy, right?"

Kyle's felt disappointedly offended. Not because of her question, she asks nicely and he can hear the voice that come out of her mouth was not harmful. But because the fact that she knew him as everybody thinks they know him. The Criminal. The Dark Boy.

The sudden change of his expression makes her feel bad that she quickly apologized, "Oh my god, I'm so sorry. I, I didn't mean to offend you. Birdy only said that when I ask her your name. I swear, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. I'm sorry."

Hold on, Kyle thought. She asked for my name?

He tried to act cool after that and hide all the soon-to-be-exploding feelings inside him. He cleared his throat, "No, it's fine," He smiled, "The name's Kyle."

Hearing him said his name, she smiled, showing off her dimples, "Nice to meet you, Kyle," she handed him her hand, "I'm Luna."

He accepted her hand and shook it, "Nice to meet you too."

After they done shaking each other's hand, Luna leaning onto the balcony vents. She looks up the sky and smile widely, "She's so beautiful."

"Huh?" He looked around confused, "Who is?"

"The moon, silly." She said while pointing on the crescent moon above them.

He grinned, "She?"

She nodded, "Yeah. And the sun is her girlfriend."

Kyle followed her gaze and look up at the moon, he smiled once again, "Yeah, I think she is."

Luna's smile turned into a frown, "Damn it." Kyle looked at her confusedly, "I should've bought my book!"

"Why?"

"Because," she swinging her arm around, "It's going to be perfect. I mean, there's this favourite quote of mine; 'With freedom, books, flowers, and the moon. Who could not be happy?' by Oscar Wilde. We already have a company of the moon, flowers over there in the garden. And we're at the balcony, completely free from others. It's just the book that is missing."

Oh, so that's what the actual quote is. Oh well.

Kyle turned his gaze to inside the house and he remember he opened one of the rooms that was a library earlier. And he had an idea. "There was a library next to us."

Luna's face light up with so much joy, "Perfect! Let's go grab some books, then."

She walked –almost ran- to open the door but she forgot how drunk she was and how she was on her uncomfortable shoes, she tripped. Lucky for her, Kyle there and hold her in time. "Shit." She breathed out.

"Careful." He warned. His hands holding her by the waist and he can feel the skin of his hands and her exposed skin, touched. Once he realized that he was holding her for quite too long, he let his hold.

"Thank you." She thanked him and they both walk inside.

After a few steps inside, they heard her name being shouted, "Luna! Oh my god, there you are."

It was Bernadette. She looked at Luna worriedly but she just smiled and showing her teeth, "I'm sorry for the game."

"What are you talking about? It was just a game." Bernadette said. She then noticed the person besides Luna and the chills come into her body. She quickly pulled Luna's tipsy body behind her, "Uhm. What are you doing with her?"

Kyle just rolled his eyes, "We're doing nothing,"

"Liar!" She said angrily.

Luna stepped between them, "Easy, Birdy. We were just watching the moon."

Bernadette looked at her in disbelief, "What?"

"Yeah. So, I was looking for you, right? Because I thought you're mad at me. But then I found him in the balcony and I joined him to watch the moon!" she explained.

Bernadette squinted her eyes, "Are you sure?"

Luna nodded. She felt dizzy and her sight was blur. She held her head, "My head is murdering me." She groaned.

"I told you to not drink that much punch," Bernadette rolled her eyes. Luna just grinning, "Come on. I take you home."

The girls started walking down the stairs but Luna turned her body around and shouted, "Tonight was awesome! Thank you, Mr. Criminal!" she then waved her hand to him

He watched her as she walking away from the place he stood, smile and this time he can't hide it anymore. He fell in love with Luna.

Kyle walked a step forward, he felt like he steps into something fluffy. He looked down to his shoes and notices some tiny plushie thing. He bowed down to grab it. When he touched the fabric and observed it, he knew it belongs to her.

It was her scrunchie that losing its grip from her soft hair.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro