1. Arrived in London

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

London, late 90 early 20:

Aaaaaaa~

Lucey, Lucey, do you hear me? Wake up, wake up!! _ a young-looking boy with dark hair and hazel eyes, Albert try to wake another boy, who looks like an angel step out from painting, Bruce up.

Al, Albert. _The angel, Bruce opened his eyes, hold Albert as tight as he could. The fear in his eyes still haven't gone. And Albert, who seems to get use to with the situation, hugging him, patting his head and said:

It's just a nightmare. Don't worry, it's gone. Everything is fine now. I'm here for you. Don't worry.

They sat like that for a while until Bruce has calm down.

I'll get ready. _Bruce said. Even though he was just panicking a minutes ago, but he seems better now. He stands up and stretch his hand.

Do you want a break? You do not look very well, Lucey. _Albert said. He stands up, and touch Bruce forehead:

- You don't have a fever, but you look pale. We can excuse ourselves if you want.

Oh, Bert. I'm alright. It's not good to be late. It's better to gain their trust so we can get the documents quicker. Come give me a hand. I need to dye my hair. _Bruce quickly wet his hair.

Are you sure? I can do it by myself. The corporation needs attention as well. _ Albert still try to convince while helping Bruce getting ready.

Albert, it's you who promised will never leave me alone, are you breaking your words now? Come and help me. We will be there at every second week of the month. It's will be fine. I have also had a texting machine. Everything will be fine. _ Bruce pout his cheek. Bruce and Albert had relied on each other for so long that's they connection is much like a twin. Although Bruce already step out of his teenage, Albert still like his big brother that he can whining on.

12 years has passed by since that's tragedy happened. They from two innocent boy raise in love and sheltered by the family grow to two young admirable man with bright future. Four years ago, as the pass away of Mr. David, the butler and the coming age of Albert, the fortune that's left behind by the Whitney is now return to it actual owner Bruce Whitney as a new chairman of both Whitney and Whitney's incorporate and Albert Whitney as Vice President, master and butler of the head of Whitney. With the amazing intelligence of Bruce and hard-working habit of Albert, the Whitney incorporate has grow far more than the previous generations. Even though Bruce would never step close to a hospital, his talent in medicine and mechanic never stop, and the kindness of Albert which build on real estate both for commerce and hospital, orphanage, offices, market center, etc. which expand the Whitney corporation from a fashion chain to a multi-services corporation. Their name and image will never leave newspaper more than 2 weeks and no doubt they stand on the top of success. However, the incident can't never be forgotten. Besides working on the corporations, Bruce and Albert, mostly Bruce can't give up about their family tragedy. They do their best to gather information since they start mid-school. As their busy morning life and their kindness of helping people and police to build their private network, their practically become detective and well known as the Phantom of Stainford. But nobody knows the connection between the Whitneys and the Phantoms. 2 months ago, while searching for evidences, they accidentally involved in an extreme case that's draw attention of BSI, the special investigators group and Albert received their invitations. As it's seems to useful in the murder's investigations, Bruce want to join but Albert was move quicker and refuses the invitation. However, the head of BSI somehow catch the reason behind the decline, a week later, 2 invitations, for both Albert which is John and Bruce, known as Harry, arrived. With no more barrier, they both accepted the invitation but that's not the only things they have to worry. First, the organization needs its leader. Second, BSI unfortunately located in London, which roughly 5 hours driving. To think that the heads of an organization is both leaving, even just temporarily, that's still cause a lot of disruption. Hence, they decided to hire an experienced manager and train within 2 months to works as these two's representative and install the newest phone and computer system to keeps communicate. These two also promises to return every weekend and processing document every two days. After everything settled, they have to make the move to London which is roughly 5 hour driving carriage. therefore, they barely arrived a day before the job actual started.

Okay, my lord. Your wish is my command. Albert give Bruce a wink and Bruce return a big childish smile.

What's color would you like? Brown or black? _Albert asks.

Of course, black, silly Bertie. _Bruce pokes Albert forehead

Why don't you just wear wig as usual. Your hair is so beautiful.

Well, that can't help. A blond hair Whitney come along with a dark hair is no doubt the head of Whitney. Do you really want to give them such big hint? Not to said that we were just on first page last month.

But a wig...

And when we are moving, jumping that's can fail off. Don't worry, al. T
These is just temporary dyed. As soon as it's touched water, it's will fade. We still need to return for work every month.

If you said so. But you know what, if you don't be quick, we going to be late. We have to take the bus there, not driving.

What do you mean? _Bruce said.

Well, in short, you have 15' left until the bus came or we will have to walk to there. By the way, what would you like for breakfast? Albert doesn't seem to catch the mood, and still calm.

"Albert, I told you to walk me up early. Where's my alarm?" _ Bruce screams.

"I turn it off. Kin'na annoying, don't you think so?" Albert look at Bruce with an extremely calm face, such as he's saying that's they have beef for dinner.

"A-L-B-E-R-T!!!!"

"Lucey, before I'm your assistant, I'm your butler, and your brother. Neither positions allow me to keep your wish above yourself. You are not looking well, so usually, I do not allow you to leave but as it's a special case, you may leave in a car or carriage or we will both stay home. Your health must be the top priority. Do you understand?" _ Albert smile is full of threatening. He goes into the kitchen and return with full course breakfast.

"I don't have time for breakfast! What will they think if we arrive in a car or carriage? That's just make things ridiculous! Where's my wig? Let's go!"_ Bruce use his max speed to dress up.

"your shirt is backward." Albert said while lean on the wall and watching Bruce running around.

"give me a hand, quick!" _ Bruce can't help but ask for a hand. He may be independent, but Albert indeed cause him a lot of bad habit. However, Albert doesn't make a move. He still slowly enjoys the scene.

"Do your best." Albert said. And, as soon as Bruce close to finish, Albert say: "But that's a bit to formal. Even if it's London, I don't think three pieces is fit for a newcomer who will sitting in office."

"No? Aren't we always dress like that?" _ Bruce confuses.

"Often, we do, but that's consider our position and work type as well. Aren't you want to act like common people?" _Albert start pouring tea for himself and milk in Albert teacup.

"Well... hey, I want tea as well. I'm not 3 years old drinking milk for breakfast." Bruce looks concern but suddenly realizes that Albert put milk in his cup.

"7 minutes. You better be quick." _Albert enjoy his teacup and said

"you didn't dress either!" Bruce even in rush still point out Albert's issues. "you can't come there in that's butler suit, don't you?"

"It's only a minute for me to change. After all it's just an outer... while you have that's shirt on, Lucey" Albert look up with a smart tricky smile. "sit down for breakfast, and I will help you get change. It's not going to be helpful if you struggle by yourself. Besides, you will have breakfast at office if you don't have it now."

Bruce take a deep breath, cranky sit down: "You win, Bert. I will count it tonight. I want strawberry, not raspberry."

"Very well. I already put it on your toast. Drink that's milk up and have some egg. I pack fruit along so you can have it in the car." _ Albert smile sweet as he usual does. He lightly pat Bruce's head and takeout the clothes that's he prepared.

"Will it be okay? Where will we park? That's car surely draws a lot of attention too." Bruce lean on the table, said why chewing on toast.

Albert smiles, takes a napkin and whips the crumps that's stuck on Bruce's face and shirt: "Mind your table manner, Lucey. I only said we will ride on a car, but I never said we're going to drive a car. I'll never put you at bad spot, Lucey."

"What's do you mean?" Bruce asks.

"I take Peter along with us. He's waiting for us, and I buy a new car as well. Even if we got cot, it's won't be a matter. The bus option isn't works since the latest bus will leave us 50 minutes early and walking for 40 minutes will drain your strength. Besides, we don't know how works here will be so it's better if we have some hand." Albert explain and pour Bruce a cup of tea. A British can't start a day without some tea.

"but where are they staying? This not even a duplex." _Bruce asks.

"I keep the entire floor, up and down as well. Our company does deal with estate if you don't remember. It belongs to a small business under us, so I decided to buy the hold building. This actually a good spot. We can reconstruct after we leave but for now, it's better if we have people live here. Lizzy, Charlotte, Charles, Millet and George will come as well. Whip up your face. You look like little kitten."

"Stop teasing me." Bruce stand up and let's Albert dress him up. "seem like you have everything under control, but do you think you overdid it? Lizzy is in-services maid, Charlotte is cleaner, Charles is chef, Millet is in laundry and George is men in waiting. You even take Peter here as well. Isn't he your apprentice? Yet, they all the 'umh' ones."

"I think that's what we need. You and I will be every busy from now on. Investigator isn't a job with schedule. We will have to catch up with that's while processing company document. Hence, it's better to have someone if I can't do it, and Peter and George can replace each other's for document transportation. My instinct somehow doesn't give me a good answer. I think we need to be aware of the Chef as well. I feel like he knows somethings." Alfred finished dressing Bruce up. He lightly pat to remove some wrinkle. Bush looked into Albert's eyes. It's full of concern and worries.

"You as well. I'm also feel something is strange. But... Aren't you here? There's nothing to fear when you by my side, Albert. I did think of giving up..._Bruce replied with a tired smile. He catches Albert's hand and hold it tight.

"We can't, Lucey. For the people that's have fall for us, and for you. we have gone to far to stop. We must do it." _Albert press his figure on Bruce's lips.

"what if it's related to them, the noble? I can't lose you. you're the last family I have. I can't bear it anymore." _Bruce again start to be panic. They found out some information, not good one. Doesn't matter how great they are right now, they still commoner, they can't beat again noble. They always can give out a crime and executed them.

"Lucey calm down. Do you remember what we said in the funeral?" Albert give Bruce another hug. He looks deep inside Bruce's eye:

"I do" _Bruce replied. He also replied Alfred eyesight. Bruce take a step back, slaps their right hand, lean their head on each other as they have done in the past:

"I, Francis Henry Bruce Whitney/ Johnathan Matthew Albert Whitney, gives God thy vow: From this day forward, I will be by thee side, to lift thy sorrow, to light thy darkness, to protect thee for the rest of thou life. Tyl dethe us depart."

** it's sound fancy but this vow was made when they are 10, pretty much kiddo.

"uh~~ Lord, master, the car is ready." Peter doesn't really know what to do. It's time to leave but that strange 'air' makes him feel guilt to break. Peter has only start for about 2 years. He doesn't know much about the history, but he knows one thing that's Lord and Master is in same scale. They always together, equal, close enough that's make them act strange.

Peter appearance break down the mood. People usually would feel awkward to be catch in such situation but to Bruce and Albert, it's just like they were sitting down in dinner.

"is it time? Let's go" Bruce as usual get out first, wait at the door for Albert and together head to BCI.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro