62 | Best For You

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

© All copyrights belong to StarsAndMoon1447 on Wattpad

Unconditionally will be wrapping up soon, but it's a part of a series, so there's much more to come, In Sha Allah!

It has been a wonderful journey. Thank you all for giving so much love to this book (and my other works, of course)!

FUN FACT: In the last chapter, I originally wrote that Yasin got married to Saba behind everyone's backs. But that would have been majorly uncharacteristic, so I edited it.

ALSO, I'm going to be dropping a MAJOR HINT in this chapter about the upcoming book(s), so keep your eyes peeled. I won't tell you what it is, nor will I confirm who is right or wrong...this is all I can say...THERE WILL BE A HINT! 

Yasin

My parents had made a decision without much argument: I wasn't ready for marriage. I had accepted that decision, albeit with a heavy heart.

But then Saba had messaged me and told me that her Nikah date was set for June, after we had finished our first year. And it had broken me from the inside. I had been unable to do anything for her. I knew my parents wouldn't understand me; they still considered me a stupid little kid who didn't know anything. So I went to my Bhai, the one who had always fought for me and my rights to be independent.

I stood on the threshold of his home, a backpack on my back and a small trolley bag by my side. "Bhai, can I stay here with you for a while?" I was in internal pain, but I couldn't even understand why. All I knew was that I needed someone understanding to reassure me. Bhai had always made me feel like I could turn to him for everything, and therefore here I was.

"Of course, Yas." A worried frown appeared on his face.

Unable to help myself, I threw my arms around him. 

"Yas..." 

"I don't k-know what I'll do if she gets married and goes away." I felt tears in my eyes.

He stroked the back of my head, wordlessly. 

"I want her to have all the happiness, Bhai. I cannot bear the thought of her being unhappy." A hiccup escaped my mouth. 

I had no idea why I was feeling so strongly, but I hated how much my heart ached. 

Anabia

"I'm so excited! It's your Reem Khalla's rukhsati today!" I spoke to my daughters as I got ready. "I'm so excited!" 

I was wearing a red shalwar kameez suit, with small sequins over the kameez and silver-gold embroidery on the neckline. The shalwar had a lace border on the ends, and the sheer sleeves of the kameez also had lace. The dupatta was see-through with a silver-gold border on the shorter ends, and a lace border on the longer edges that also had some sequins dotting it. I paired the outfit with golden high-heel sandals that I'd brought in Pakistan. I pulled my hair back away from my face with pins, leaving it to flow down my back.

There was a knock on the door.

"Come in." I called out.

The door opened and Rehan entered. He paused as he saw me. "Wow. Ma Sha Allah!" 

I, on the other hand, frowned. "Why are you not ready? Assalam Alaikum, by the way."

"Walaikum Assalam." He closed the door behind himself, dressed in black jeans and a grey t-shirt. "Listen, don't hate me, but I need to talk to you." 

"Don't say that you're not coming! Rehan! My presence is mandatory as Hareem's best friend, but you are my husband, so you have to be there too!" 

He stood in front of me and placed his hands on my hips. "Yasin really needs me right now."

"What happened?" Suddenly, I felt concerned rather than irritated.

He took my hand and led me over to the bed before sitting me down and taking a seat beside me. My hand still in his, he narrated everything that had happened: Yasin expressing his desire to marry Saba, Mum and Dad refusing it, and finally how Saba's Nikah was set for June. "I'm thinking of taking Yasin for a football match in Leeds over the weekend, and I will talk things through with him." 

I stared at our hands in silence for a while.

"Are you mad at me? Look, I know that Hareem's rukhsati is important, but..."

"I'm not mad, Rehan. Do you not know me?" I asked him. "Of course you should be with Yasin. He looks up to you, and he needs you right now." 

"Anya, I feel like you were right. I think he feels too deeply for her, and if she gets married to someone else, it will break him. He also wants the best for her; he wants her to achieve her educational and career goals."

"He's in love with her." I said, simply. "It's not a shock. They've studied for almost a whole university year together. It could have happened in this time." 

"I saw how he was this morning, and I think I agree."

My heart ached for my sweet, naïve dewar. "Now what?" 

"I don't know. Mum and Dad have clearly refused because they don't think either of them are ready." 

"What if we get the Nikah done for now, and then leave the rukhsati for later?" 

He looked thoughtful, and to my surprise, he didn't immediately refuse. "I didn't have a chance to talk to my parents yet, but I will discuss this all with them."

"Do you want me to come as well?" 

"You are our family too, Anya. The badi bahu and all, but right now you need to be at Hareem's function." 

"I suggest an Istikhara. If it's a positive, get the Nikah done, and then before the rukhsati, you and Dad can properly explain the role of a husband and the responsibilities of marriage to him." I stood up. "The twins and I have to head out now, but let me know if you need me." 

He stood up as well, and placed a hand on my elbow. "Apologise to Hareem and her family from me, please." He shook his head. "Actually no, I'll call Faiz myself." He brushed his fingers over the side of my face, moving away stray locks of my hair. "This time don't go around finding any matchmaking aunties, okay?" 

I laughed. "I make no promises. Ab itni pyari hoon, kya karoon? Ma Sha Allah!"

*"I'm so pretty, what can I do?"

"Taddi te aina sona munda mileya ay tenu." He teased back with a wink.

*"That's why you found such a handsome man." 

I wrinkled my nose at him, a smile on my face. "You better take good care of our Yasin, okay?" 

"I promise, Yasin's Bhabi." 

Hareem

I was dressed like a bride, as per the wishes of my sisters and Bhabi. I wore a dark blue maxi with heavy golden embroidery and a plain blue lehenga underneath. The sleeves were sheer with golden motifs printed on them, and a heavier golden border at the wrists. The dupatta was blue with a golden border and golden beads dotting all over it. A matching clutch had come along with the dress and I held onto it as the beautician set the dupatta on my up-do. I wore gold-silver earrings with sapphires and tiny diamonds, that matched the necklace and the ring on my finger.

"Ma Sha Allah!" Anabia smiled at me as the beautician turned my chair around. "You look beautiful, Hareem." 

"You don't think I'm overdressed?" I asked.

"You are moving in with your husband. You are a bride. It's only fair that you dress the part." She smiled. "And it's a moment that your whole family was waiting for- including me, so shush."

"I don't think Faiz Bhai is very enthusiastic after all the drama that occurred."

"He just wants you to be happy, healthy and safe, Harry. You know better than me that he's very overprotective of all his sisters, especially you. As long as you're happy, he'll be fine. In Sha Allah."

"Let's do this." 

I headed into the corridor outside my bedroom. The beautician had come to our house to get me ready. We were going to have a small Valima dinner, just for close family and friends- since it was an Islamic ritual, and there was no point in delaying it further. From the restaurant, I was going to head home with Emaad.

Sonia Aunty was not going to come, despite Emaad's numerous attempts to convince her. Hamna was coming, as well as Shahzaib, and the two were very excited.

As I arrived downstairs, Faiz Bhai was waiting for me in white shalwar-kameez and a black waistcoat.  Emotionally, he held out his arm and I slid my arm thorough his just as Mamma appeared on my other side. 

Giving me numerous duas, my mother kissed my forehead. "My beautiful little Hareem." Her eyes were filled with tears.

"If anyone ever troubles you, tell me." Faiz Bhai told me gruffly, but a small smile appeared on his face after he said those words.

"I don't need to. Hareem Jamshed can handle her own problems, but thanks for always being a reliable back-up, Bhai." I grinned.

"Good girl." He nodded, seeming proud of me.

"Why do you two always sound like you're ready to pick a fight?" Mamma asked wearily.

"People force us to behave in such a way, Mamma." I smiled angelically at her, and she simply rolled her eyes.

The plan was that Anabia was going to drive me to the restaurant, with her twin daughters strapped in their car seats in the back, as well as Mamma. If grooms were often driven by their close friends, why couldn't my best friend drive me? Faiz Bhai was going to lead the way with Anaya Bhabi and their kids.

Rumaisa Appi helped me settle into the car, tucking in my dress inside before smiling at me. "My heart is overwhelmed with happiness right now, Harry. Alhumdulillah. May Allah always give you marital happiness. Ameen." She kissed my forehead.

Dani Appi, Ibrahim Bhai and Issa were here, as was Sumi Appi. But due to short notice, Sumi Appi's husband couldn't come. I knew that Sumi Appi's family's financial condition wasn't very stable, and that Faiz Bhai had privately spoken to her and Shehbaz Bhai, and had convinced them that he'd arranged the tickets for them. Shehbaz Bhai couldn't come, but Sumi Appi's ticket had been paid for by Faiz Bhai. My brother, sister-in-law or mother hadn't mentioned it to me. In fact, Sumi Appi herself had confided in me. She said that Bhai had spoken to her husband in a way that hadn't harmed his self-respect. And it was good that he didn't. It wouldn't feel right if any of my sisters were missing from this important day. 

"Drive carefully, yeah. My sweethearts are in the back." I told Anabia. 

"Look who's talking, Miss Speed-Limits-Aren't-For-Me!" Anabia had changed into comfortable flats to drive, and carefully pulled out of the driveway, following the GPS directions towards the restaurant.

Meanwhile, Mamma was having conversations with Anabia's daughters in the back. 

"It's a shame that Rehan Bhai couldn't come." I said. "But Khadija Aunty, Saim and Laila are definitely coming, right?" 

She nodded. "Yeah, they're already on the way. Saim messaged me." 

"Good." I glanced at her dress. "Isn't this your dress that your in-laws gave in your bridal buri?" I asked. "Ma Sha Allah, it still fits well."

She shook her head. "No, I regret wearing it now. It feels a bit tight. I feel like people are going to comment." 

"It looks perfect." I reassured her. 

She looked uncertain.

"It looks beautiful, Anabia beta. Don't overthink. I know society doesn't even show mercy to new mothers sometimes, but don't judge yourself by society's standards, okay? You are a new mother. You gave birth to twins very recently. As long as you're healthy, your weight or figure isn't important." Mamma reassured her from the back.

"You're Hareem Jamshed's best friend. Toughen up." I grinned.

Anabia

Unfortunately, things are not as simple as our loved ones make them seem in their wise advice. I already had regretted wearing that dress after one proper glance in the mirror. Unfortunately, I had been unable to buy a new outfit for today, so I had chosen one from my pre-pregnancy days. After dinner, I glanced down at myself, and not only did I think that my chest looked too big, but my belly seemed to be pretending to be a baby bump all over again. I felt bloated, and the kameez fit so tightly over my belly that I could even see the outline of my belly button clearly. It was embarrassing! I covered myself up with my dupatta, wanting to cry.

To my surprise, Mama grabbed my hand from her seat beside me. "Are you okay, Anabia?" 

"I'm fat-shaming myself." I admitted in a whisper.

"You're not fat!" She seemed surprised by my words. "You're a new mother, Anabia. It's something beautiful, not something to be ashamed of." 

My eyes were blurred with tears. 

"Come on. I think the twins need a nappy change anyway." Gently, Mama grabbed my arm and helped me up. She pushed the pushchair and I followed along, making sure that the dupatta was covering my curves.

The moment we stepped into the women's restroom, I glanced at myself in the full-length mirror. "Why didn't anyone tell me how much my post-pregnancy curves are being exposed in this outfit?!" I burst into tears.

"Anabia, meri bachi, you are being paranoid!" She placed her hands over my cheeks. "And I know that because I've been there, done that. You look beautiful, meri jaan. A person's dress size doesn't determine their beauty, Anabia. Everyone is beautiful, unless their heart and soul aren't pure." She took my hands then and looked straight into my eyes. "I understand your feelings more than you'll ever now, my beautiful girl. But as long as someone looks after their health; as long as their weight, their lifestyle doesn't impact their cardiac health, or their health in general, we need to stop equating beauty with slimness."

I hugged myself. "I feel so uncomfortable right now."

"Do you want to go home?" She whispered.

I shook my head. "It's Hareem's big day. I can't go." 

"What do you want then?" 

I shook my head. "I don't know." 

She gave me a knowing smile before she started to adjust my dupatta in a way that looked stylish, but also covered my torso. "Better?" 

I glanced in the mirror and nodded. "Thank you, Mama."

"Remember two things, Anabia: one, always put your health first. Weight isn't a problem until it starts impacting our cardiac health. And secondly, always remain that beautiful person you are on the inside. Your kindness, compassion and good heart is why everyone loves you so much. Your external beauty is just a bonus." 

I hugged her so tightly that I felt like my life depended on it. There were times that only your mother could provide the best comfort, and I felt it today. I felt like I had my Mama back. "I missed you so much, Mama. I was at your house, but..."

She pulled back, but placed her hands on my upper arms, her own eyes filled up. "I know, Anabia. Even when a mother is angry or disappointed, it's out of love for her children. There will be times when you'll understand that- it's an unavoidable thing." 

I glanced down at my daughters. "I'm disappointed that despite everything, they choose their father before me." I giggled.

"Rehan dotes on them, loves them more than life itself; it's natural for daughters to get attached to such a wonderful father. Ma Sha Allah." 

I smiled. "Seeing Rehan and my daughters together doesn't make me feel envious, as I'd expected myself to feel. It just makes me feel glad that my daughters are getting their father's unconditional love. May Allah always allow them to feel their father's love. Ameen."

"Ameen." 

It was strange how my discomfort with my own body had led to a sort of a reunion with my mother. I guess mothers do not allow anyone to criticise their children, even if it's the child themselves doing the criticising. My mother had ended up defending me against my own thoughts and feelings.

Author's Note: I always felt the importance of mention issues such as these in my stories, because people go through such issues regularly, especially females. The amount of times the society, the media makes us feel low about our own selves is disgusting. Everyone is beautiful, unless their hearts and intentions are not pure. 

Rehan

I was driving on the motorway, and was occasionally glancing at my silent and thoughtful younger brother. Normally, when going to a football match, Yasin's always overexcited and acts like a human version of a bouncy ball. Today he seemed like a younger version of me, actually. "What are your plans after university, Yas?"

He glanced at me. "I was thinking about getting an internship, paid or unpaid, at an art museum during the weekends while I'm at university. Maybe it will help me decide what I want to do in future."

I nodded. "That's a good idea. When I was making considerations for my future, I knew that I wanted to write, but I also knew that I needed a back-up plan. If writing didn't work out, I needed to have a stable job, a steady income. I'd planned a long time ago that I wanted to be an editor. You can create your own artistic masterpieces, but maybe you can have a job connected to art as well. Something with a reliable, steady income?"

"Well... there are times when I think about becoming an art teacher." He admitted. "I want to help kids fall in love with art the way I did." 

"That's a good idea as well." 

"But I'm too shy. I don't think I could deal with kids... apart from Hoor and Haya, of course." 

And the future kids that Anabia is determined to have, In Sha Allah. I bit back an amused smile. "Think about what you want. But having stability in your employment is very important for marriage, Yas. Whether you work, whether your wife works, either way, someone needs to be financially stable in order to run and manage a home. Being a husband and wife is more than loving each other, Yas. Spouses are basically starting a home and family together from scratch. It's serious responsibility, mere bhai."

He looked at me. "You don't think that I can do it? I can't be a good husband."

"I think that there's a right time for everything. I just don't think it's the right time for you or Saba yet." 

"What if we just get Nikah done?" He suggested. 

Even I was started to consider that idea after my conversation with Anya, to be honest. "Nikah comes with a lot of responsibilities too, Yasin. As her husband, you will have responsibilities and duties towards her." 

He stared silently out of the window, placing absent-mindedly with the seat belt.

"Do you love her?" I broke the silence a few moments later.

"When she saved me, she became a like a superhero to me, Bhai." He replied. "It takes a truly selfless person to put themselves at risk to save others. And she did that. Ever since I have met her, every time I see her I automatically want to smile. And as I got to know her, I just... I like being with her, talking to her, hearing her voice, seeing her smile. I like her dimples. I liked the way her nose ring sparkles in the sunshine. Bhabi is your sunshine and... and I feel that Saba's mine." 

His expressions, his eyes, the softness of his voice as he spoke about her, said it all. He was definitely in love, and I didn't need to be a romantic writer like Anya to realise that. I'd experienced the feeling of falling in love myself, and I could see that in the way my brother was talking right now.

"Please, Bhai. Talk to Mum and Dad. At least ask them to talk to Saba's parents. If not now, even in the future, we can reassure them that I will take good care of Saba, maybe they'll let her continue her studies. I know the difficulty I faced to be able to convince Mum and Dad to let me study, and you helped me in that! Saba has nobody! She'll give up her dreams!"

I didn't say anything, my mind crowded with various thoughts.

"Mum and Dad will listen to you." He added. "Bhai, please." 

"I'll talk to them." I replied quietly.

"Thank you so much! That's why I came to you. I knew that even if the whole world criticises me, you'll understand me." He grinned widely. "I know Mum and Dad love me unconditionally, but they always try to do what they feel is right, sometimes not taking my wishes into consideration."

I couldn't help smiling. "No matter what though, Mum and Dad only want the best for you, Yas. No matter what happens, don't forget that, okay? They would never think bad for you." 

"I know." Yasin nodded. And for the rest of the drive he became livelier, like his normal cheerful, energetic self. Ma Sha Allah.

Hareem

Emaad twirled me around in the car parking of the hotel. Laughing, I tried not to stumble as my dress flew around me. We had left the restaurant and had arrived at our destination for the night. The very hotel where we'd had our Nikah.

"There's no point in Hamna booking a room here." Emaad told me teasingly, tugging me against himself. "We've already consummated our marriage."

"The world doesn't know that." I whispered.

We kissed. My hands were on his shoulders, and he wrapped his arms around my waist. My dupatta slipped off my head. 

"You look so handsome, so s*xy. Ma Sha Allah." I whispered as we pulled away for air. 

Dressed in a suit, he looked like a supermodel, and I hadn't been able to stop staring at him throughout the dinner- to the point that Rumi Appi and Anabia hadn't been able to stop giggling and teasing me about it.

"And you look like an angelic bride, Ma Sha Allah." Again, he pressed his lips against mine. 

After a long kissing session, we made our way inside the hotel, his arm around me and my arm around his waist. As we checked in, we were congratulated by the hotel staff, and I felt genuine happiness surround me. Currently, I was going to focus only on happy moment, and not the threat of a mother-in-law looming over me.

As we stepped into the lift, Emaad pulled me into an embrace, and I wrapped my arms around his neck. "I love you." I breathed against his neck.

"I love you too, Hareem."

And as we stepped out of the lift, I bent down to take my sandals off.

"What are you doing?" Emaad asked bewildered as I gave him my clutch bag to hold. 

I straightened up, my finger hooked around the straps of my sandals. "My feet hurt. What is our room number?" 

He glanced at the key-card. "801." 

A mischievous smile appeared on my lips. "First one to the hotel room gets to choose the whole itinerary of our night tonight." Giggling, I started to run in my lehenga, following the signs to room 801.

"What? Are you serious?" Laughing, he followed me.

It felt hilarious and I could only imagine what it looked like to other people- a giggling bride running down the corridor of a hotel in her blue lehenga, followed by her groom. But, hey, life was serious enough as it was; we had to chose our own ways of laughing and having fun. 

I knew that Emaad let me win, because it was impossible for me to run fast in my lehenga

"So, Hareem...what are you planning?" Emaad looked at me, amused.

MATURE CONTENT

I sat on the bed, my dupatta draped over me, unable to stop smiling.

I felt him sit down on the bed, but I didn't dare look up. Slowly, Emaad lifted up my drape, and I lifted up my gaze along with it. My smile widened as I saw him sitting there just in his boxers. 

He laughed. "I can't take this seriously."

"What? It's a tradition with our own little spin on it." I shrugged. 

His gaze travelled down my body to the black lingerie that had replaced my maxi and lehenga. The only thing I had retained was the dupatta that was draped over me. "You really are one-of-a-kind, Hareem." He whispered, an adoring look on his face.

"And I married you...so you must be someone truly special as well." I reached forward with my hand, placing my fingers lightly over his cheek. He turned his head to kiss my palm.

He reached forward onto the bedside table and picked up the box of ring from there, before holding it up for me. "The right of my bride." 

With a smile, I held up my left hand and he opened the box to reveal a beautiful diamond ring- a small, simple stone that sparkled magnificently in the lights of the hotel room.

"I hope that this isn't too simple." He looked sheepish.

"You should hope that it is simple." I whispered. "Because I adore simplicity, Dr Emaad."

With a smile that almost stopped my heart, Emaad slid the ring onto my ring finger. Closing the box, he tossed it back onto the table, before moving closer to me. Leaning one arm on the bed on one side of me, he hovered over me, erasing the distance second by second until he lightly brushed our lips together.

A little shudder went through my whole body, an impact of the desire that was flowing through my blood vessels. 

"What's next on the itinerary?" He asked between quick pecks.

"Toss the itinerary aside, Dr Emaad. Just make love to me." 

Hours flew by in heated passion. Our bodies pressed together, moving together perfectly like they were made for each other. The kisses that sent sparks through my body, the touches that made me moan out loud. 

In the morning I felt sore but happy nevertheless. Standing in his shirt in the kitchenette, I prepared coffee, my shower-damp hair resting over one shoulder. I couldn't stop smiling. It had certainly been a very exhausting, yet out-of-this-world mind-blowing night.

"Morning..."

I looked up and saw Emaad standing in the doorway, wearing nothing but his boxers. "Good morning. Get ready for breakfast." I got up, setting the mug down on the coffee table, and walked over to him. 

He pulled me closer, using the lapels of the unbuttoned shirt that I was wearing. My bare stomach collided against his bare torso, and he leaned down to start planting kisses over my neck and shoulders. "I still have an appetite for something else, Hareem." He pressed his mouth against mine, and I felt the taste of the minty toothpaste provided by the hotel. The scent of shampoo and body-wash radiated from him, and I felt the dampness of his body from the shower. "The wait is over, Hareem. We're finally together."

And those words were all it took. The fact that Emaad and I were now going to finally start our married life, made me feel love on an intensity that I'd never felt before. I wrapped my arms around him, deepening the kiss which he'd only intended to be a light smooch.

Let's just say that we missed breakfast...and if it was up to us, we would have missed lunch as well.

And even though my body was sore, the pleasure I felt made me forget all that.

I was on a cloud nine and I hoped that my married life was filled with complete and utter bliss for the rest of my life. Ameen.

Anabia

Gul Aunty invited our family for lunch the next afternoon. Mama was hesitant, saying that the family would be tired from the preparations, but Aunty was insistent, so Mama and I went. Saim and Laila were at work so they were unable to come.

"I asked Faiz to bring the Moses baskets down from the loft." Anaya Bhabi said, as she gestured for me and Mama to lay Haya and Hoor in there.

"The annexe feels so empty without Hareem." Gul Aunty said tearfully as we all settled down into the living room. "Daughters are the life of a house, I have to say." 

I glanced over towards my daughters with a smile, and my eyes widened slightly as I saw Farhaan sitting on the floor beside Hooriya, cross-legged. 

"Farhaan seems to like Hooriya a lot." Anaya Bhabi joked.

"You said they are babies and they need protection!" Farhaan sounded almost defensively. "I'm just protecting her!"

"Haya is a baby too, jaani." Gul Aunty smiled.

"There's one of me, and two of them. I'm doing my best." Farhaan pouted cutely. "I can't be with both of them at once, only one of them."

We all laughed. I glanced at Anaya Bhabi and she gave me a knowing smile.

"What do you say? Let's talk to our husbands about a potential future aspect?" She asked me teasingly. 

"It would definitely take over two decades to mentally prepare Rehan for his daughters to get married." I laughed. He still isn't ready at the idea of Yasin's marriage, let alone the twins!

Yasin

<Saba: Don't ever fight your family for me, please. If this is my destiny, so be it. I have faith in Allah to always do right by me.>

I inhaled sharply as I read her message.

Bhai was just getting the keys of our rooms at the hotel in Leeds when I received the message. I swallowed hard. I had to ask her otherwise I would suffocate within the confines of my own mind.

<Yasin: Do you love me?>

Impatiently, I dialled her number. "Please answer me, Saba. Do you love me?"

She didn't reply, but I heard a soft sob. "I'm going to be someone else's wife, Yasin. This isn't right."

"Please tell me the truth." I said. "Because if you say that you love me, I will beg Allah that you are the best for me, and that He grants me your companionship in Nikah."

She started sobbing hard then. "How can it not be love when it hurts so much to just even think about marrying anyone but you? I have never experienced love before, but I think this is it from what I've read."

"I'll send my parents over. My parents will talk to your parents. It'll be fine." I said, quickly. "We both love each other. It hurts me so much thinking that I'll never see you again, Saba." 

"My parents won't agree. You're a student with no job, Yasin. They'll never agree!"

"What do we do? I'm so confused." Tears blurred my eyes. "If your parents don't agree...and my parents don't agree...you'll be married to someone else in June."

"Maybe that's our destiny, Yasin. Not everyone is meant to be." She ended the call then, but not before I heard her sob again.

I placed the heels of my hands over my mouth after I'd pocketed my phone. I tried my best not to cry. I've seen books and films that always made it seem that men don't cry. 

But men cried in front of their Creator. Because He was above all; He knew what was in our hearts without us even having said a word.

Men also cried in front of their loved ones; people who loved them unconditionally without judgements.

Men were human too. They hurt too. Just like I was hurting right now.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned around. Rehan Bhai was staring at me with a concerned look on his face.

"I love her a lot." I whispered helplessly. "Please help me, Bhai. I promise I'll be more responsible and mature. Just help me, please."

Rehan

I video called Dad, ten minutes after messaging him that I wanted to speak to him and Mum over video call. "Assalam Alaikum."

"Walaikum Assalam." He replied. 

"Is Mum there?" 

"I'm here, Rehan." She appeared on the screen beside him.

"Assalam Alaikum, Mum." I sat on the bed of my hotel room. 

"Walaikum Assalam. What's wrong? Is Yasin okay?" 

"Everything's okay, Alhumdulillah. Do you guys trust me?" I asked them.

"Of course we do, Rehan. Is that even a question?" Mum looked bewildered.

"Dad, I know that you and I have previously clashed a lot when it came to Yasin, but the fact is that ultimately all three of us want the best for him. You obviously love him as his parents, but even I love him and have treated him as if he's my own child. So for his sake, I want us to go and talk to Saba's parents when we return from Leeds."

"Rehan..."

"I'm not talking about immediate marriage. All I'm talking about is a potential alliance in the future...and therefore they can let her continue her education."

"Rehan, they are in a rush to get her married because Saba's mother is concerned about her husband's health." 

"We can discuss it all in details with them." I said. "For now, let's discuss this amongst ourselves when Yas and I return, and then we can go and talk to Saba's parents."

They both exchanged a look.

"For Yasin." I added, softly. "He's really hurting. Trust me, I've seen it."

Dad sighed. "Neither of you boys are going to let us arrange a simple marriage, are you? With no complications or hiccups?" 

Mum smiled. "Just be grateful that we didn't have such hiccups."

"Well, I got a bride with a proper nakhra to compensate for how simple the wedding was." Dad laughed heartily. 

I chuckled as Mum lightly slapped his arm. "Don't worry, Dad. Your badi bahu has plenty of nakhra as well." I smiled fondly.

Mum frowned at me as my father laughed. "Not a word against our Anabia!" 

"Don't worry, Nina. This was a joke. If he says anything against her seriously, I'll deal with him." Dad joined in the Bahu-defence.

Mum sighed. "I suppose we have to do everything to ensure Yasin's happiness as well. He deserves all the happiness in the world, my sweet little boy." 

Ya Allah, do what's best for Yasin. May my brother be blessed with a lifetime of happiness. May he be kept away from all trouble and harm. May he always remain like a sunshine in our lives, like he's always been. Ameen. I smiled as I used my brother's own term to describe him. 'Sunshine'. He was the loving warmth of our family, and I wanted him to always remain as such. 

And from my part, I'd do everything to ensure that kid's happiness. 

What conclusion will the families come up with regarding Yasin and Saba?

They're both so innocent, and I hope that they get their happily ever after... Let's see. 🤷‍♀️

I wonder if anyone spotted the major hint. I mean you guys are pretty smart...good enough to be detectives, Ma Sha Allah! 🕵️‍♀️🕵️‍♂️ (Get it? Detectives? Ok...lame joke lol)

Hareem has finally found her happiness...but even thought the book is going to be wrapping up eventually...how long will her bliss last?

I have to say it: Rehan is brother goals. I just love writing about his relationship with Yasin. 

Thoughts and comments? You guys have been doing VERY well in this part, actually. Thank you!

Thank you for reading and don't forget to vote! 

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro