#7: Ava is a Great Friend

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

That following morning, I found myself meeting with the great authors who knew so much about teenagers. I was feeling ecstatic and ready to take charge. "Alright boys, what do you say we write something about a teenage girl who's a senior in high school?"

"And just exactly why are we going with that?" asked Line.

"Because the teenager I mentioned is a girl who is in her senior year. And I'm also living with her and her brother now."

"And you haven't slept with her I'm guessing?"

Ignoring that comment, I wrote on the board, "high school senior girl."

"Any possible names?" I asked.

Yes, they gave me a few names like Sally, Daisy, Bunny, Caroline, and Uma. None of these names stuck out. But for whatever reason, we went with Bunny.

"Ok, let's make a list. What do we know about her?"

"She's a white girl from Africa" announced Piper. "And she falls for a guy that her friends used to date." Everyone else agreed.

"Ok guys, that seems a little unrealistic." What had I gotten myself into?

"Why? If Mean Girls can do it. Why can't we?"

With that said, I ended up pulling out my laptop as we all watched Mean Girls, just so Piper could prove to me that his idea could work if a popular movie could do it. Why did these guys hate me? Was it too late to quit?

Giselle's POV 

So far, I wasn't much of a help for Liam who claimed that they had spent the week watching teen comedies. Poor guy. Hopefully, things would pick up soon. I was also hoping things would pick up for me as I had sent out a text message to Ricky.

"Hey"

Why hadn't he responded to my text? That was the question on my mind that Friday Morning. Thankfully, I had Ava by my side who met up with me before school.

"You ready for that date tonight?" I asked.

"Not really, but it is what it is."

"Well, I'm sure you're going to love this guy. Be sure to thank me at the wedding."

"I wouldn't go that far." She finished her Red Bull and aimed for the trash only to miss. She could care less. "Anyways you look a little worried. What's going on with you?"

"He hasn't responded to my text." My phone was out with another text ready to go. "Maybe I should say something else."

Ava grabbed my phone and snickered. "You're not going to send him another text. Just let it be and move on."

"But I can't. He's the one person who has never responded to my text messages."

My phone found its way in her pocket. "You know, you really haven't changed. You know that? Ever since that third-grade class with Mr. Myers."

"What are you talking about?" My hands reached for her pockets as she blocked me. "Can I just have my phone back?"

My aggressiveness caused her to fall on the grass. My arms against her shoulders as she laughed causing me to give up and sit on the grass next to her.

"You seriously don't remember what happened with Mr. Myers?" She took my phone out of her pocket.

"Not really. All I remember was that we became friends that year."

Because Teddy didn't send me a Valentine's Card. Remember how I was the new girl? Teddy was always calling me names."

With my phone now on the grass, I picked it up and put it in my pocket. "I think I actually do remember. Damn, I hated that kid so much. He was always out to get you for some reason. Didn't I give you an extra card after he refused to give you one?"

"Yeah, and you spent the next month annoying him and asking why he hated me so much. That's how we became friends."

The first bell rung, and I helped her up as we walked to class. On our way to class, Ava noticed Sara one of her group project members. Sara also noticed and caught up to us.

"Hey Ava, you ready for our presentation today?"

"Yeah, I'm not sure. To be honest, I think we should ask for an extension."

"You know, I'm sure we'll be fine. Mr. Conner is an easy grader. By the way, I checked out your blog." That sentence felt a little flirty as her hand touched Ava's shoulder. "Thought it was interesting."

Without really knowing how to respond, she did her best. "Oh ok. Thanks, I guess. See you later?"

A smirk took over my face after Sara walked away. "Awe, she totally has a thing for you."

"That would imply that she's... I don't know about that. Are you sure?" She breathed heavily with her hand on her head.

"Relax. Even if it's true, you'd probably wouldn't be her type anyway."

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Don't forget to comment, vote, and share. 

Next Chapter: Ricky and Giselle finally meet up and talk. Will Ricky be taking Giselle on a date? Stay tuned! 

Have you seen Mean Girls? Should that movie be a guideline to writing teen fiction?

Is Giselle worrying too much about Ricky?

What do you think of Sara? Is she a little strange?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro