35: The Dueling Club

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

You were present at what seemed to be the start of something awful. Severus had asked if you'd like to accompany him to ridicule Gilderoy's "Dueling Club". He had insisted it would lighten the mood around campus and who were you to deny him your company? Things had just started to go back to normal.

"Gather round! Gather round! Can everyone see me? Can you all hear me?" Gilderoy began.

"That's all he really cares about." Severus whispered to you, making you laugh.

"Excellent. In light of the dark events of recent weeks, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little Dueling Club, to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves as I myself have done on countless occasions -- for full details, see my published works."

"Ah, another book plug." You snickered back to Severus who smiled down at you.

"Watch me." Snape whispered as he strode onto the stage.

"Let me introduce my assistant, Professor Snape. He has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration. Now I don't want any of you youngsters to worry. You'll still have your Potions Master when I'm through with him, never fear!"

You laughed again, seeing now why Severus had wanted you to come with him. He was going to wipe the floor with the ostentatious man. They began facing each other and bowed. They then turned, walked ten paces, then spun around wands poised like swords.

"As you can see, we are holding our wands in the accepted combative position. On the count of three, we will cast our first spells. Neither of us will be aiming to kill, of course. One-two-three--"

"Expelliarmus!" Severus' voice was heard first, as a dazzling flash of scarlet light burst forth and blasted Gilderoy off his feet and into the wall behind.

You looked at Severus, as if to say was that really necessary?

He merely shrugged in response.

"Do you think he's all right?" You heard Hermione's now familiar voice across the stage. Both boys responded quickly.

"Who cares?"

I do! You shook your head. These children really disliked the potions' professor. Gilderoy finally got up.

"Well, there you have it. That was a Disarming Charm. As you see, I've lost my wand." Hermione handed it to him. "Ah, thank you, Miss Granger. Yes, an excellent idea to show them that, Professor Snape, but if you don't mind my saying so, it was very obvious what you were about to do. If I had wanted to stop you it would have been only too easy...

Severus was quick to defend himself with a suggestion. "Perhaps it would be prudent to first teach the students to block unfriendly spells, Professor." You laughed, earning a glare from the other professor.

"An excellent suggestion, Professor Snape. Let's have a volunteer pair. Potter, Weasley, how about you?"

Severus' face said he already had an idea in mind. "Weasley's wand causes devastation with the simplest spells. We'll be sending Potter to the hospital wing in a matchbox. Might I suggest someone from my own house." He had a devious grin on. One that made your own grin lessen. What did he really have planned? "Malfoy, perhaps."

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro