43: Remus Joins Hogwarts

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

"Welcome! Welcome to another year at Hogwarts! I have a few things to say, before we become befuddled by our excellent feast. I myself am particularly looking forward to the flaming kiwi cups, which, while somewhat treacherous for those of us with facial hair..."
Minerva cleared her throat, signalling for Dumbledore to move on. "Mm. Yes. First, I'm pleased to welcome Professor R.J. Lupin, who has kindly consented to fill the post of Defense Against the Dark Arts. Good luck to you, Professor.  Second, as some of you may know, Professor Kettleburn, our Care of Magical Creatures teacher for many years, has decided to retire in order to spend more time with his remaining limbs. Fortunately, I'm delighted to announce that his place will be filled by none other than our own Rubeus Hagrid!"

You applauded, happy that the large man was gaining a coveted position in Hogwarts. He had always been a pleasure to be around. You, however, were eyeing down a certain new professor that your sister was interested in. And Severus had his eyes narrowed at the same man.

Nevertheless, Dumbledore persisted. "Finally, on a more disquieting note, Hogwarts -- at the request of the Ministry of Magic -- will, until further notice, play host to the Dementors of Azkaban."

Your ears turned white with surprise as you had only been half-listening.

"Pay. Attention." Rolanda scolded you. "These bloody things'll kill ya!"

"The Dementors will be stationed at the entrances to the grounds. While they are under strict orders not to enter the castle itself, you will on occasion see them as you go about your daily activities. Under no circumstances are you to approach them. It is not in the nature of a Dementor to be forgiving." Dumbledore finally concluded. "That is all."

Dinner was served and although you graciously tucked into the meal, you also meant to start a conversation with the man next to Severus.

"Remus! It's so good to see you! It's a shame that Dora couldn't be here." you mentioned.

"So that is you, Esmeralda! I haven't seen you or your sister since you were little girls! Pre-Hogwarts, even. And now you're a professor yourself. Jolly good!"

"And my sister is an Auror. She's doing so well." You awkwardly tried to talk about her, rather than yourself.

"Ah, Andromeda and Edward must be proud of you both then." Remus smiled and your face smiled back.

"My parents will be glad that you're here." Your voice was starting to grate on Severus. "They always like to have their friends protect me." Suddenly, Severus slammed his silverware down, pushed his chair out and exited the room, temporarily causing the room to go quiet.

"Cor, what's his issue?!" Rolanda gave a strange look with her yellow, piercing eyes.

"Severus Snape, always sniveling." Remus shrugged. "There's always something. Sensitive soul, that one."

"He's not sniveling." You stood up as well, albeit quieter. "He's bothered. We all get bothered." You walked out the door as well, looking for the not sniveling, but perhaps moping, wizard.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro