84: Let Him Say It Again

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

To your disappointment, the song  ended, but you couldn't look away from your date, your eyes locked on one another. Another slow song began, and he asked you if you wished to continue, to which you eagerly agreed. This time, the couples on the dance floor kept to a simple sway as they continued moving clockwise around the  dance floor together. Severus took   this opportunity to pull you in close again as he wrapped his hands   around your waist and hoped you  would warp yours around his neck. But, to his disappointment, you  placed your hands on his chest instead, pushing you a bit further from him than he would have liked. You smiled up at him as you felt your heart flutter with amour. This had to be the best night you'd ever  had.

"You look beautiful tonight," he whispered to you. "Thank you for coming with me."

"There's no one else I would have rather gone with," you replied softly with a smile, your hair fluctuating all kinds of lovely colors and not the scarlet and deep blue he had seen from you much earlier.

Severus continued courting you in the hopes that you would want to press yourself closer to him.

"Then you have made me the luckiest person in this room," he said and immediately got the reaction he was looking for as you giggled and moved your hands to the nape of his neck.

"You are correct," you said smugly, "Those in love are always the luckiest sorts." He was flustered by your compliment, but that feeling was slowly replaced with delight as you hugged him, resting your head on his shoulder.

You felt his nose press into the    crook of your neck as he buried his face into your shoulder, returning    your embrace by snaking his hands on your back and gently pushing you deeper into his chest. He closed his eyes and took in your sweet scent, resisting the urge to kiss you everywhere he could  reach as he felt it highly inappropriate to do so in front of so many people. If only they   would all disappear and leave him to relish in your company   comfortably. 

Severus looked at you in awe  before he reached to tilt your chin towards him, searching your eyes  before deciding to gently press his lips to yours. It was a quick kiss, but when he pulled away and saw the wide eyes staring back at him, he couldn't help but pull you closer to him. You were astounded by the simple gesture, showing everyone in the room you were more than  just a date to him. Never in a million years did you think him  capable of showing such affection in public. He'd always been so  hesitant each time you walked in the halls of the castle side by   side, not daring to reach for your hand, but here he was, kissing you   for the school to see.

"Esmeralda, I... care about Lily. I care about her son. We were the best of friends for a long time  and... and that's not something I can so easily forget. But it's you I'm here with. I asked you to the Ball. I want to be with you," he said, trying to reassure you. "I must say it again," he so badly wanted to tell you exactly how he felt. "I love you," he finally said looking at you with nothing but truth scribbled across his face.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro