88: The Third and Final Challenge

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

The crowds were wild with excitement and you sat with Severus, Minerva and Alastor Moody in Dumbledore's box, listening to him speak. "Earlier today Professor Moody placed the tri-wizards cup deep within the maze. Only he knows its exact position. Now as Mr. Diggory..." The crowd cheered upon hearing his name. "and Mr. Potter tied for first position they will be the first to enter the maze. Followed by Mr. Krum..." The Bulgarians in the crowd went nuts. "And followed by Miss Delaceur. The first person to touch the cup will be the winner. I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter, if at any point should a contestant wish to withdraw from the task he or she need only send up red sparks with their wands. Contestants, gather round." Dumbledore lowered his voice, but you could still hear him. "In the maze you'll find not dragons or creatures of the deep. Instead you'll face something more challenging. You see, people change in the maze. Oh, find the cup if you can, but be very weary you could just lose yourselves along the way." You shivered at the words. It was highly ominous.

Professor Moody's voice rang out, "Champions! Prepare yourselves." Cedric hugged his father, who had come to wish his son the best of luck. You really did adore that family and you had spoken to his father numerous times for conferences and whatnot.

"On the count of three... ONE..." Dumbledore began but the cannon went off. Mr. Filch shrugged comically, causing you to laugh as Dumbledore groaned and took a seat. And the contestants were off, leaving the audience to sit in silence. Or at least to have their own conversations.

"So, Severus," Dumbledore began, "I heard you're rather adept at making young witches cry over you. Who would have thought you were such a lady killer?"

"Cry?" His brow scrunched and looked at you. "I never intended--"

"Bah, it is in the past now. See what a happy couple you are now! I could not be more pleased. By either of you." He raised an eyebrow at you. "Have you heard any student gossip about you? It's quite riveting."

"Oh? How so?" Severus inquired.

"Lot of the older male students are mighty jealous of you, Severus." Moody's voice interrupted. "Say you're an old man takin' what could've been theirs."

"Never!" You looked surprised. "With a student? Gross. When I first arrived, I could see that notion being said, but now I'm at least eight years older than them! And Severus is only thirty-five! Nine years my senior! What would be the difference?"

Minerva and Dumbledore laughed together, sharing something unknown between them.

"What's so funny, you two?" Severus narrowed his eyes at them.

"Some of the lady students have brought it upon themselves to hypothesize why Miss Tonks is enamoured with you." Minerva blushed.

"It seems, my dear man, that it isn't your charm or wit, but the size of your wand, if you catch my drift." Dumbledore laughed again with Minerva as you and Severus blushed wildly. Eventually however, looking at each other, you laughed together. Things felt good. Things felt right. And then, it fell apart.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro