94: Sobering Announcements

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

It was solemn in the grand hall as the year was beginning to close out. You, Severus and Dumbledore had made a hard decision. One that would be announced today, for all to hear. "The end... of another year. Ordinarily this is day of celebration, a day in which we recognize the accomplishments of ourselves and others. But today..." Dumbledore paused. "Today we acknowledge a really terrible loss. Cedric Diggory was, as you all know, exceptionally hard-working, intricately fair-minded, and most importantly a fierce, fierce friend. I think therefore you have the right to know exactly how he died. You see, Cedric Diggory was murdered by Lord Voldemort. The Ministry of Magic does not wish me to tell you this. But to not do so is, to my mind, an insult to his memory." As Dumbledore continued, you held tightly onto Severus' hand, tears threatening to spill. "It was the hope, in restoring the Triwizard Tournament, that magical ties would be deepened between those of us who come from different backgrounds. In light of recent events, such ties will be more important than ever. Differences of habit and speech become meaningless when the language of our hearts is the same." You prepared yourself for the reveal. "With dark and difficult times comes a choice: between what is right and what is easy. Should you ever waver, remember a boy who was kind and brave and true. To the very end. It is with my greatest pleasure to announce that Cedric's favorite and possibly least favorite professors will be following the path of righteousness for themselves in honor of his memory. I would like to announce the engagement of Esmeralda Tonks and Severus Snape."

You couldn't help but feel you were hijacking a funeral with an engagement but there wasn't much applause; instead just a huge rumble of whispers as many students could hardly even believe the rumor of you two courting to be true.

But it had been, and so was this. As Severus had so eloquently explained, you had to align yourself with him and quickly, lest there be any doubt of your loyalty. You were to have a small public wedding with only your darkest relatives invited and a small private wedding of your own family. Severus would be teaching you the ins and outs of blending in with dark society and you would have to rekindle relationships between you and your estranged aunts.

This summer, you and Severus would return to your family and collect any belongings you felt you may need and to say your goodbyes to them. There would not be any further communication between you, unless the utmost secrecy could be promised. It had to seem real.

The marriage in itself, was of course real. And although both you and Severus knew it was much too soon for such a thing, circumstances demanded it. Neither of you spoke of it except for you to say you did not want to students to call you Professor Snape. You felt it was rightfully his title. But legally, it would be yours soon enough. Couldn't have the dirty, mudblood name of Tonks, now could you?

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro