- 17 -

Màu nền
Font chữ
Font size
Chiều cao dòng

Soojin and Jun-Oh had walked around the park for a while to look at all the booths set up. People were enjoying theirselves as they had their share of games, food, and fun items they bought.

Soojin glanced at the screen of her phone and smiled at the passed time. Chanyeol and Kyungsoo should be at their next shift by now. "Junnie, I'm starting to get pretty hungry." Soojin rubbed her stomach while looking over to her friend. "Can we go to the food trucks and get something to eat?"

Jun-Oh slowly exhaled. "Yes please, I'm starving. Which one do you want to go to?"

Soojin started walking in the direction of the trucks, a bit worried that she wouldn't be able to spot Chanyeol and Kyungsoo very quickly. Fortunately, their truck wasn't hard to spot with Chanyeol sticking his head out to hand a little boy an ice cream cone.

"Lets go to this one," Soojin decided in excitement. She grabbed onto Jun-Oh's wrist and began pulling her in that direction.

Jun-Oh easily recognized a face in the window to be Kyungsoo and tried to stop Soojin from going in that direction. "Soojin, I swear—" she stopped herself after also spotting Chanyeol. "Oh, I see." Jun-Oh bit the inside of her cheek before sighing. "Okay, fine."

Soojin hopped up to the ordering window and rested her elbows on the ledge. "Hey, Chanyeol!" She played a shocked face. "Fancy seeing you here again!"

Chanyeol stuck his head over to the ordering window and beamed at the two. "Soojin, what a pleasant surprise. Hey, Kyungsoo, take the second window to keep orders going."

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and walked over to the closed ordering window. His eyes fell on Jun-Oh with a blank stare.

Chanyeol reached over and pulled the window open for Kyungsoo. "You kind of have to have this window open to talk to the customer." Chanyeol smirked at Kyungsoo and returned to his window.

Kyungsoo cleared his throat as Jun-Oh cautiously walked up to his window. "What would you like to order?"

Chanyeol leaned his head of the window to get closer to Soojin. He watched Kyungsoo and Jun-Oh from the corner of his eyes, and Soojin did the same.

"They're actually talking," Chanyeol struggled to whisper from excitement.

Soojin grinned. "I know, I know."

"Thank you, your order will be right out," Kyungsoo quickly told Jun-Oh. Kyungsoo spun around to start making the food, looking very rigid while Jun-Oh took a couple steps to the side to wait for the food to be made.

"While he's making something for Jun-Oh, how about I get something going for you?" Chanyeol asked with a dramatic wink.

Soojin chuckled and briefly scanned the menu. "I'll take a vanilla milkshake and a cheeseburger."

"That will be right out, ma'am."

"Don't call me ma'am." Soojin gave him a blank expression, but soon broke into a laugh with Chanyeol. She backed off to stand by Jun-Oh. "Wow," she sighed. "Getting food made by Kyungsoo, huh?"

"I used to get drinks made by him almost everyday."

"Well, I mean..." Soojin trailed off. "Hey, Chanyeol is making my food."

"I bet you're really happy about that." Jun-Oh nudged Soojin and snickered. "He said seeing you was 'a pleasant surprise.'"

Soojin fanned herself, pretending to be swooned. "Oh yeah, my heart is racing."

Kyungsoo returned to the window, holding out Jun-Oh's order. Jun-Oh walked up and took the food from his hands. Soojin almost audibly gasped when their hands touched.

"How much will it be?" Jun-Oh asked.

Chanyeol came to the window as well, squeezing next to Kyungsoo and handing Soojin her order. "No need to worry about that. It's on us." Chanyeol gave the two girls a warm smile and pat Kyungsoo's back.

"What gentlemen you both are, right?" Soojin looked over at Jun-Oh with an expression of gratitude.

She nodded. "Yes, thank you so much. Are you sure we don't need to pay at all?"

"No, we have it covered," Chanyeol reassured her.

"Yeah, no problem." Kyungsoo looked at Chanyeol. "I was totally aware of this act of kindness." He left the window to busy himself in the food truck.

Jun-Oh and Soojin started to walk off, but Soojin turned around to look back at Chanyeol. He mouth the words "Part two: Get Them to Talk." Then, gave her a wink while drawing a checkmark in the air.

Soojin attempted to give him a thumbs-up with her milkshake and cheeseburger in hand before running after Jun-Oh.

Bạn đang đọc truyện trên: Truyen2U.Pro